Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile $5 Flex tablet data plan - Unlimited data for 2 months + $50 giftcard

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2015 1:56 am
Tags:
None
Jun 19, 2007
194 posts
23 upvotes
Québec, QC
Anybody tried adding the 100 minutes for $10 add-on feature in the "My Services" / "My Plan and features" page? Their's also ulmt incoming for $10. I don't if that would go through or not.

edit: you can also add ulmt nights and weekend starting at 5pm for $7.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2004
1794 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
im curious about this too.. seems that they charge $0.40 per minute for voice calls on this plan. curious if there would be any issues adding those addons to a tablet plan..
fkers also charged me $35+ for the first bill.. gotta call them up to have it corrected.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I'm all outta gum.
Mar 26, 2012
48 posts
5 upvotes
Are most of you guys using this on a phone or actually on a tablet? If on a phone, how many people have actually gotten their plans cancelled because of some kiind of IMEI check? I read through the thread quickly and I only saw one person with bad luck.
Jan 22, 2007
877 posts
815 upvotes
tablet on Bell 4G/LTE for my PlayBook. as with posts 152 & 153 i got dinged $39 for the last 2 months and had to call and adjust. my 'worry-free' period ends on jan 27. have you guys provided notice already to cancel? anyone else have a similar promo on? maybe i can 'port' my imaginary number over to another carrier lol.
Aug 11, 2001
365 posts
16 upvotes
Haven't gotten around to cancelling mine yet. I've already taken out the sim and no longer using it to ensure no further usage charges.
Feb 13, 2011
88 posts
13 upvotes
Does anyone have a screen shot of the old refer a friend promo? as they are screwing me around with the "new" regulations http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/members-l ... tcid=CQ:15

[QUOTE]If your friends join up through our Refer a Friend program, you'll both get a $25 gift card from some awesome brands. And that's just the start of all the Member Benefits you'll both be loving. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]when will I get my gift card?

You’ll cash in 8-12 weeks after your friends have joined Virgin Mobile. First we need to make sure that:

They hooked up on the Virgin Mobile SuperTab™ or 3 year agreement at a Virgin Mobile store.
They paid their first bill in full and on time.
[/QUOTE]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7908 posts
3519 upvotes
7 months after this promo started, I finally got my $50 Cineplex gift card and I had to go through a huge hassle to get it. Virgin refused to send me the card so I had to file a CCTS complaint against Virgin. Virgin's response to the CCTS complaint was that I had to buy a new phone from Virgin in order to get the gift card, I couldn't just buy a SIM card. This was true according to their new terms, but not according to the terms I signed up for.

I sent a link from archive.org to the CCTS which stated Virgin's old terms. Two months after I sent them the old terms, Virgin finally had no argument and sent me my gift card. I'll never deal with Virgin again since it seems they tried their hardest to scam me out of my gift card.

http://web.archive.org/web/201202162352 ... riend.html
Nov 25, 2002
263 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: 7 months after this promo started, I finally got my $50 Cineplex gift card and I had to go through a huge hassle to get it. Virgin refused to send me the card so I had to file a CCTS complaint against Virgin. Virgin's response to the CCTS complaint was that I had to buy a new phone from Virgin in order to get the gift card, I couldn't just buy a SIM card. This was true according to their new terms, but not according to the terms I signed up for.

I sent a link from archive.org to the CCTS which stated Virgin's old terms. Two months after I sent them the old terms, Virgin finally had no argument and sent me my gift card. I'll never deal with Virgin again since it seems they tried their hardest to scam me out of my gift card.

http://web.archive.org/web/201202162352 ... riend.html
I agree, Virgin customer service in regard this Refer a Friend program is ridiculous. I must have referred about 10 people between September and February and I only got 1 credit. They now fall back on the new terms; thanks for the link to the previous terms.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5485 posts
930 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: Sorry i have to bump this old thread but does anyone know if this runs off the LTE network OR 3G/HSPA+?
Also what about the prepaid data plan add on of 100 MB on a pay as you go account, is that LTE or 3G/HSPA+?

Thx!
Tablet plans run on LTE and 3G. Prepaid generally doesn't allow LTE usage.
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
712 upvotes
Shhanada
Bumping an old thread here to ask about Virgin Mobile flex data tablet plan.

From reviewing the site it looks like the $5 plan only provides 10 MB which is nothing and that when your usage rises it charges for the larger capacity plans automatically.

So why would anyone take the bigger plans if the $5 plan automatically increased as needed?

Also is there any way to warn or restrict the plan from going over?
Jun 9, 2006
542 posts
71 upvotes
Does anyone know how tethering works with either Virgin or Bell?
Is it included or charged extra?
If charged extra, how is it charged?