Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Black Friday

BYOD $35 for 12GB + 1000LD (Pacific Mall, Markham ON)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2021 10:10 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 2, 2005
168 posts
117 upvotes
Usuyami wrote: What does their internet and TV package include?
I see the following offers from My Membership app:
1) Members get a $100 bill credit for TV and Internet.
Get a $100 bill credit when you sign up with Internet and TV. You'll get to watch all the hottest live and on-demand content and awesome Unlimited Internet.
https://vmobil.ec/2OG6Cn9

2) Members get a 50 bill credit for TV.
Get a $50 bill credit when you add TV to Internet and watch all the hottest live and on-demand content.
https://vmobil.ec/30vzyni

There's another thread about $35 for 100Mbps Internet. I am paying $45 and the promo will end in June. I am super happy with how reliable ftth fibre optic is. 👍🏻
Member
Dec 7, 2020
277 posts
139 upvotes
good find OP but i will stick with my hard earned $40 20GB for now
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2372 posts
999 upvotes
aadanixga wrote: good find OP but i will stick with my hard earned $40 20GB for now
Yes $40 for 20GB is good. Was this WinBack? $45 for 25GB is also good
Newbie
May 15, 2006
5 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
For those still wondering, I got this deal today in Burnaby, BC. I went at around 3 pm and there was no line up at the kiosk. I got everything except the $50 in accessories. $35 for first year, $40 for 2nd year.
Newbie
Nov 14, 2010
13 posts
2 upvotes
Nanaimo
Went to the Virgin Plus store at Woodgrove Centre in Nanaimo, BC. They were aware of the deals elsewhere in Canada, but cited that Vancouver Island was in a "different market" and they were not authorized to do more (although she said she would if she could)

The best they offered was:

1st line $40 1st year, $40 2nd.
2nd line $35 1st year, $35 2nd.

So that's $40 and $35 over 2 years.

12GB + no activation fee. (no accesories bonus, and Standard LD)

So not what others have been getting, but better than our older $60 for 10GB with Koodo. Online chat would not do it, and said it was in-store only. Not sure if that was due to my "different market" Neutral Face
Newbie
Nov 27, 2021
1 posts
GoCanucks17 wrote: For those still wondering, I got this deal today in Burnaby, BC. I went at around 3 pm and there was no line up at the kiosk. I got everything except the $50 in accessories. $35 for first year, $40 for 2nd year.
May I know which kiosk did you go in Burnaby, BC?
Jr. Member
Aug 25, 2004
177 posts
51 upvotes
crunchiespg wrote: Can a new customer sign up in the app to get this deal? The nearest virgin store is an hour from me.
Unless I’m missing something, it doesn’t look like it. The app requires you to login or register. Registration requires a Virgin account # or phone #. Since I’m not yet a customer, I have neither.

This is in the Virgin Plus My Account app. Maybe there’s a different app I should be looking at?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1050 posts
273 upvotes
Is Virgin Plus good for customer service? I guess what I’m getting at is that I don’t want any billing error garbage. But if it happens, then they are good at fixing it.

People who signed up, is there a clear contract of the terms for BYOD? Specifically the bill credits and length.
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2008
720 posts
566 upvotes
catpurrcat wrote: Is Virgin Plus good for customer service? I guess what I’m getting at is that I don’t want any billing error garbage. But if it happens, then they are good at fixing it.

People who signed up, is there a clear contract of the terms for BYOD? Specifically the bill credits and length.
Yes the documents clearly show the credits and when they expire. Much clearer than any other I've had in the past that basically relied on trust that the first bill would be correct.
Newbie
Feb 23, 2014
88 posts
143 upvotes
Waterloo
Would I be able to go there and change my plan? I signed up today at the Source in Markville for $40/month... same deal otherwise
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1050 posts
273 upvotes
crunchiespg wrote: Yes the documents clearly show the credits and when they expire. Much clearer than any other I've had in the past that basically relied on trust that the first bill would be correct.
Thank you for the clear and fast response. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I’ve been on prepaid for around four years and so not really used to dealing with these companies

last I remember helping out an older gentleman friend at kiosk a couple of years ago (can’t remember which company) and it was like rocket science complicated, nothing printed, etc.
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2008
720 posts
566 upvotes
catpurrcat wrote: Thank you for the clear and fast response. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I’ve been on prepaid for around four years and so not really used to dealing with these companies

last I remember helping out an older gentleman friend at kiosk a couple of years ago (can’t remember which company) and it was like rocket science complicated, nothing printed, etc.
yes, even koodo i had a couple months back showed nothing, just had to hope the bill was right when it arrived. Virgin seems very clear in comparison, so I don't expect any hiccups.
Images
  • Screenshot from 2021-11-28 22-00-39.png
Newbie
Dec 10, 2017
19 posts
17 upvotes
Just got this with 2 lines at Shoppers World Brampton.
Newbie
Aug 30, 2021
35 posts
40 upvotes
BiggieWalls wrote: Follow-up: I went on the app chat this morning to see if they would match. Long story short, the agent wouldn't match as it was only showing as a BF only special on their end and not running through the weekend as advertised. Since my plan I got on Thursday ($50/mo + $10 credit for 15 months, so $40/mo) was already showing a discount, he was able to request an additional $5/mo discount in order to match the $35/mo as advertised.

Additionally, he said that the deal will be offered for Cyber Monday in the app.
I am in the same situation, ported to Virgin on Saturday ($50/mo + $10 credit for 15 months, so $40/mo). I reached out to customer service (via 611 as well as chat), no luck matching the offer. By any chance do you know what code or promotion they applied to match the offer?
Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2017
207 posts
223 upvotes
Nanaimo
gd1909 wrote: I am in the same situation, ported to Virgin on Saturday ($50/mo + $10 credit for 15 months, so $40/mo). I reached out to customer service (via 611 as well as chat), no luck matching the offer. By any chance do you know what code or promotion they applied to match the offer?
Nope no code or promotion. Spent an hour on the app chat Saturday morning with an agent referencing the in-store deal from this thread for the $35/mo for 12GB. He was adamant that he wasn’t seeing it on his end and it was strictly a BF-only deal, but that it should also be advertised for Cyber Monday in the app. So maybe engage with the chat again today to get the deal?

It was only after he looked closer at my deal that he saw the $10 discount already (from my deal on Thursday: $50 - $10 credit) that he put in for a further $5/mo credit to get me to the $35/mo as advertised. Said it will probably begin to show on second bill.

Probably worth it for you to check in today with an agent to get the deal matched.
I love the smell of savings in the morning...(PT).
Member
Jan 17, 2017
424 posts
780 upvotes
If I ported to fido last week, can I port out to virgin this week? On the BYOD $40 12 gb plan
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 2, 2005
168 posts
117 upvotes
Sauted wrote: Would I be able to go there and change my plan? I signed up today at the Source in Markville for $40/month... same deal otherwise
Others reported success at getting the plan at Markville even thought it was unadvertised. Worth asking for it in-store again.
Member
Jul 6, 2017
202 posts
102 upvotes
Ontario
Best they could do in Barrie was $40/12GB, waived activation charge, 2 year price (not a plan). Soft credit check.
Member
Dec 7, 2020
277 posts
139 upvotes
NightRider_ wrote: Yes $40 for 20GB is good. Was this WinBack? $45 for 25GB is also good
long story short:
1. they promised to waive the activation fees which is 45 but they didn't and now still can't get it back
2. it was a referral plan so a long term fido customer helped me to get this at $40 10GB like 6 months ago
3. so the fido app will do promos by telling you to do like upgrades and stuff so i went for the $45 15GB
4. then they called to ask me for a 2nd line or upgrade to $50 25GB but i refused and talk it to extra 5GB which comes to this
5. i hate all the phone carriers, they are vampires

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)