Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Black Friday

BYOD $35 / 20GB for 15 months (Expires Nov 25) [Canada Wide minus SASK]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2022 3:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1988 posts
1870 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Virgin Mobile] [Black Friday] BYOD $35 / 20GB for 15 months (Expires Nov 25) [Canada Wide minus SASK]

I saw this at the Virgin Mobile kiosk in Scarborough Town center.

Double edit: apparently Fido is giving out the same thing as well?
fido-byop-fido-35-20gb-parkway-mall-sca ... h-2579884/

Edit: Valid Canada Wide, works in GTA, Quebec, Halifax, Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver too, but not Saskatchewan.
They give you $20 credit I think for 15 months and after that 15 months the price goes up to $55. Not sure if new activations and renewals, sorry

Getting a referral to virgin mobile can get you an extra $5/month off your bill for 10 months. No referral begging please
Images
  • IMG-20221118-WA0002.jpeg
Last edited by chevyz07 on Nov 25th, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.
235 replies
Aug 24, 2010
830 posts
401 upvotes
Wtf happened in the last year or two? The standard used to be like $40/4GB of data. Now I’m seeing 20-30gbs for the same price? I knew Canada was one of the least affordable countries for internet but god damn have we been getting this **** for decades and now we’re finally getting fair value?
Mar 29, 2019
124 posts
95 upvotes
For new activations only ? or does it apply to existing customers?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3875 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
vencc wrote: Wtf happened in the last year or two? The standard used to be like $40/4GB of data. Now I’m seeing 20-30gbs for the same price? I knew Canada was one of the least affordable countries for internet but god damn have we been getting this **** for decades and now we’re finally getting fair value?
With covid, they probably realized they can give people 20GB of data, but reality still only use 3GB. So why charge $35 for 4GB when you can charge people $40 for 20GB since majority never reach that high anyway. And for heavy users, Robelus kept the large data plan to their tier 1 brand to segregate the market some more.
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17136 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto
DayeeH20199 wrote: What happens after the 15 months pricing wise?
image attached to post #1 says "After $20/mo. bill credit for 15 months."

increases to $55/mo.
Destiny is all
Aug 11, 2009
904 posts
198 upvotes
Brampton
I just switched from virgin to bell, cuz they charged $30 for 110mb overage. even though I was monitoring their app for data usage.
Mar 30, 2011
201 posts
176 upvotes
Just an FYI, Virgin like other carriers will likely up the price 9-10 months into the plan

I had got the $35 12GB last year only to realize they upped it by $3 making it $38.00
Jun 28, 2009
302 posts
142 upvotes
I assume that if you sign up to a new Virgin Plus plan, you can request a referral from any current Virgin user for another 5 dollars off per month for 10 months (totalling $50).

You are not allowed to ask people on here for referrals. I got a referral when I signed up with Virgin last Black Friday.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7603 posts
3886 upvotes
Rembokz wrote: Just an FYI, Virgin like other carriers will likely up the price 9-10 months into the plan

I had got the $35 12GB last year only to realize they upped it by $3 making it $38.00
Within a couple weeks after signing up a lot of new home internet subscribers, Bell sent me an email that the price would go up. Like damn, that was fast. Price didn't go up right away but the email was to give us notice that it would go up, I think 2-3 months after signup
Nov 22, 2021
178 posts
332 upvotes
Anyone know if this is available in Alberta?
Mar 1, 2012
105 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Kaminakun wrote: Do they have the $25/8gb from earlier?
interesting too. i don't use much data
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
9765 posts
2872 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Great deal. Got the $40/12GB last year Black Friday and was able to get referral from someone here.

Note: the referral person must be with Virgin for at least a few months already otherwise the referral doesn't work. I found out the hard way. Luckily the guy who originally referred me still gave me the initial extra $5 credit. You can refer up to 6 ppl per year.
Last edited by jeffyjaixx on Nov 19th, 2022 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 16, 2013
769 posts
826 upvotes
Surrey
Raj.R wrote: I just switched from virgin to bell, cuz they charged $30 for 110mb overage. even though I was monitoring their app for data usage.

I had the exact same thing happened to me even after I paused the data in there App for any overages. All cell phones companies are scum bags but Bell Group of companies are on another level
Nov 1, 2016
579 posts
533 upvotes
Raj.R wrote: I just switched from virgin to bell, cuz they charged $30 for 110mb overage. even though I was monitoring their app for data usage.
I had the same thing happen to me when I went over by $50. They stoped my data plan for the month. However, I contacted their customer service (CS) and they waived off the $50 surcharge and gave me an extra 2GB to use that month. Sometimes, not always though (from my other experiences), you might be reimbursed if being polite and courteous to CS.

YMMV.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3766 posts
1085 upvotes
Toronto
chevyz07 wrote: I saw this at the Virgin Mobile kiosk in Scarborough Town center.

Double edit: apparently Fido is giving out the same thing as well?
fido-byop-fido-35-20gb-parkway-mall-sca ... h-2579884/

Edit: should be valid at least in GTA, called a few other locations and they seem to have the same deal.
They give you $20 credit I think for 15 months and after that 15 months the price goes up to $55. Not sure if new activations and renewals, sorry

Getting a referral to virgin mobile can get you an extra $5/month off your bill for 10 months. No referral begging please
Just a warning to other members that Virgin is notorious for not handing out these referral credits.

A family member and I both referred 6 other people so we should be getting a $30 per month referral credit for 10 months but both of us only have gotten one referral credit.

Virgin reps in my experience have been notoriously uninformed and even when the issue is escalated there is no good resolution. I gave up on getting my referral credits and moved on so just wanted to warn other RFDers that if you are counting on that referral credit for referring more then one person then prepare for a long fight and the possibility of getting diddly squat.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11662 posts
2293 upvotes
Guelph
undacova wrote: Just a warning to other members that Virgin is notorious for not handing out these referral credits.

A family member and I both referred 6 other people so we should be getting a $30 per month referral credit for 10 months but both of us only have gotten one referral credit.

Virgin reps in my experience have been notoriously uninformed and even when the issue is escalated there is no good resolution. I gave up on getting my referral credits and moved on so just wanted to warn other RFDers that if you are counting on that referral credit for referring more then one person then prepare for a long fight and the possibility of getting diddly squat.
Same thing happened to me! They said just wait one more month. Nothing appeared. So I left and ported to Fido.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.