Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Black Friday

BYOD $35 / 20GB for 15 months (Expires Nov 25) [Canada Wide minus SASK]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2022 3:34 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
1221 posts
189 upvotes
if im already with Fido, can i get this deal? However my phone isn't fully paid yet
Heatware : Chuckdeg
May 6, 2020
8 posts
1 upvote
FYI - you can’t post referral codes here. But if you check Reddit r/referralcodes you can find one there.

$5 off for 10 months after the 2-3 billing cycle.
Jul 15, 2011
253 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
chuckdeg wrote: if im already with Fido, can i get this deal? However my phone isn't fully paid yet
I'm in the same boat with 4 months left on Fido and a $140 tab. I might just pay it off so I can switch to Virgin cause I'm paying $50 for 12GB now and I would come ahead even over 15 months with the -$15/mo bill.

Fido offering me 35GB for $65 but I don't need that much data nor do I want to pay more. Haven't tried talking to an agent but doubt they'll give me anything close to $35/20GB while still being on tab.
Aug 22, 2007
111 posts
5 upvotes
HenriR12436 wrote: Call virgin... And try the Chat room in both situation best they could do is 50 a month.. Told them I would go to other to save money and would not care so I went to the mall and switch to koodo. 35 a month and 30 for my 2 other line... 10 year customer now wait and see if they call back
wow ok you saved me the hassle calling Virgin. I'll prob go with Koodo now. Wish there was something even cheaper for under 10Gig...
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2851 posts
1978 upvotes
I signed up for Virgin's BF deal last year and asked CS yesterday on what happens if I "break" my contract?

The lady says Im not under contract so itll just be prorated for the use for the month with 0 penalties

I didnt believe her but is that true? Thought that was TOO EASY and convenient
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17136 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto
Biscayne05 wrote: I signed up for Virgin's BF deal last year and asked CS yesterday on what happens if I "break" my contract?

The lady says Im not under contract so itll just be prorated for the use for the month with 0 penalties

I didnt believe her but is that true? Thought that was TOO EASY and convenient
The early cancellation fee calculation is outlined in your agreement.
It is the same as in The Wireless Code.

from The Wireless Code
https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm
G. Contract cancellation and extension

2. Early cancellation fees – Subsidized device

i. When a subsidized device is provided as part of the contract,

a. for fixed-term contracts: The early cancellation fee must not exceed the value of the device subsidy.

i. The early cancellation fee must be reduced by an equal amount each month, for the lesser of 24 months or the total number of months in the contract term, such that the early cancellation fee is reduced to $0 by the end of the period.

ii. For tab contracts, the early cancellation fee must be reduced by either a minimum amount or percentage amount each month in the contract term, for the lesser of 24 months or the total number of months in the contract term, such that the early cancellation fee is reduced to $0 by no later than the end of the period.
Destiny is all
Oct 15, 2021
10 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
Switched from Virgin to Fido to get this offer. 55$ with 20$ monthly credit for 20 GB for 15 months. Thanks Op!
Sep 27, 2016
73 posts
4 upvotes
Switched my parents to this deal today and used my virgin plus referral code making it $30/mo for them for 10 months. Thanks op
Nov 27, 2010
111 posts
80 upvotes
For those that want this plan. Just go to a store.

Online did not work for me.
Jan 15, 2009
26 posts
12 upvotes
Kitchener
I signed up 4 days ago..... Wonder if I can I port out already as Fido has better seal now? Would there be any fees or maybe they send me bill for activations?
Mar 17, 2015
807 posts
1548 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
starchoice wrote: Just finished up with Virgin on social media. Was offered 3 gb for $35. Is this the Black Friday deal for loyal customers?
Same as all carriers... this sums up Canada's Mobility Dealers:

Last edited by Wheatboy on Nov 24th, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2011
71 posts
17 upvotes
Hk5012 wrote: Switched my parents to this deal today and used my virgin plus referral code making it $30/mo for them for 10 months. Thanks op
Did you get the deal in-person and did you need your parents with you? TIA!
Sep 27, 2016
73 posts
4 upvotes
stevie031 wrote: Did you get the deal in-person and did you need your parents with you? TIA!
Yes in person and yes I took them with me, they needed their signatures for the contract
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4507 posts
3416 upvotes
Edmonton
Wheatboy wrote: Same as all carriers... this sums it Canada's Mobility Dealers:

Good one! I’m sending this to Virgin.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2012
2902 posts
1360 upvotes
MARKHAM
I think you will get charge with the $50 activation fee. I ported over to virgin on sunday too.
akyboy wrote: I signed up 4 days ago..... Wonder if I can I port out already as Fido has better seal now? Would there be any fees or maybe they send me bill for activations?
Feb 18, 2012
912 posts
545 upvotes
Victoria
What are these codes? Are they one time codes or so much a month off? This is a byod deal right so no contract, can port out at any time? Is there a thread for the codes?
Thanks
Mar 5, 2015
45 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Long time Virgin customer, I called and was offered 40 dollars for 10 GB or 45 dollars for 20 GB. I took the latter. But still thinking about getting a better deal elsewhere.
Nov 3, 2012
111 posts
79 upvotes
Montreal
Just wanted to share my own DP. I have a Quebec number and for some reason the rep at Virgin at Eaton Centre in Toronto was unable to process it, even though he said he could port my Quebec number in after getting a temporary Ontario number.

I got stuck with the plan at full price (55$/month), so I went over to Mobile Klinik to sign up with Koodo without any issues.

It might be a bit too specific of a situation for it to happen to anyone else.
Jan 25, 2020
187 posts
981 upvotes
Anyone know if we can we get this deal in Quebec?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2005
1287 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Am considering Virgin instead of Fido because Virgin is the only discount carrier that offers a smart watch plan. I have the cellular Apple watch and having the option to ditch the phone for outdoor runs in the summer is appealing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)