• Feb 7th, 2021 9:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1430 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Mobile - BYOD $50/10GB

Virgin Mobile is having Chinese New Year sales. Plan comes with 1000 long distance minutes. Offer available in select stores, calling 1-866-337-4355 or chatting with a sales rep. Not sure when it's going to end.

$45 - 6GB
$50 - 10GB
$55 - 12GB
$60 - 14GB
$70 - 16GB

https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offe ... -year.html
Last edited by bst on Jan 30th, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
69 replies
Nov 17, 2014
592 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think this is across Ontario. They called me couple of times in the last few months with this to switch.
Koodo has also been calling with same plans.
I have 2 lines one with VM and one Koodo. Both switched from the other :-)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1430 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Given that they let you call in to get this plan, I think it is available to everyone in Ontario as well.
Aug 19, 2013
824 posts
703 upvotes
TORONTO
would be nice if they had deals on lower plans - these days im only using 0.1 to 0.2gb data per month
May 9, 2008
540 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Can existing plan members get this deal?
Dec 16, 2017
112 posts
120 upvotes
Nah, I'd wait for the Telus/Fido/Rogers releasing the $50/15GB.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2351 posts
784 upvotes
Whitehorse
zarkook wrote: Nah, I'd wait for the Telus/Fido/Rogers releasing the $50/15GB.
Why would you wait instead of taking a better deal now and then take an even better deal when it comes?
Apr 2, 2015
344 posts
454 upvotes
Siberia
Ive never had luck signing up with Virgin. Ive signed with Virgin 3 times and each time I get the email with the contract, its different to what I agreed to and they can't change it so I'd have cancel the same day. Fido did the same thing to me but atleast they were able to fix the issue.
Jan 15, 2013
215 posts
164 upvotes
Midland, ON
My brother is a current customer and I told him about thrips plan and he chatted in and they told him it wasn’t available yet and wouldn’t be starting until “the middle of February”. He sent the rep the link and they said that page is just a heads up that it will be starting soon.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3614 posts
2260 upvotes
Edmonton
MVallee wrote: My brother is a current customer and I told him about thrips plan and he chatted in and they told him it wasn’t available yet and wouldn’t be starting until “the middle of February”. He sent the rep the link and they said that page is just a heads up that it will be starting soon.
Looks like a current offer on the link. Sounds like typical CSR make up an answer babble when you have no clue.
Jan 15, 2013
215 posts
164 upvotes
Midland, ON
starchoice wrote: Looks like a current offer on the link. Sounds like typical CSR make up an answer babble when you have no clue.
That’s what I figured. I told him to try another agent
Apr 25, 2007
15 posts
8 upvotes
GTA
Do you know if this has international SMS and text and picture messaging between Canada and the US?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1453 posts
937 upvotes
Near You
Solid if you can't access one of the 25GB winback deals.
• AMEX Platinum
• MC BrimRogersSTACK • Visa TD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Nov 17, 2014
592 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wasted_illusions wrote: Do you know if this has international SMS and text and picture messaging between Canada and the US?
This is usually a free addon, if you call customer service.
mistytalon wrote: Solid if you can't access one of the 25GB winback deals.
Is this still going on?
Might be useful to have when Virgin brings 5g later this year.
Jul 21, 2011
860 posts
800 upvotes
Knowhere
bell and virgin use the same charging system... which sucks....

my virgin internet had promo of 20$ for 12 month, it stopped at month 5, and i was charged full price.. called back, fixed for one month, then full price, call back again.. fixed again.. i think there is a IF statement in the virgin charging system, and there is a loop function (I am learning python now) that reset what has been done...

eventually, I let them charge me the full price.... and moved on..... quality wise, never had issue, speed is good, and never slow down...
Jul 19, 2019
62 posts
49 upvotes
I was initially interested in the 1k intl long distance minutes and wanted to find more info on which countries. Found it on their website:

1,000 INTERNATIONAL LONG DISTANCE MINUTES
TERMS & CONDITIONS

Offer for new activations in Ontario and British Columbia. Available to Members with an account in good standing with only 1 subscriber per account. Credit check required. Member must stay on a eligible plan to receive this offer. Offer is not available on prepaid service. 1000 Long Distance Minutes applies to calls made to India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Italy, Mexico, Australia and Taiwan. Additional long distance minutes are 25 ¢/min to these countries. Calls must be made from within Canada. Calls made to any other international country will be charged the standard per minute rate (head to virginmobile.ca/longdistance to learn more). Minutes used outside of Canada are charged separately. Subject to a $300 spending cap.
Apr 24, 2019
46 posts
37 upvotes
Do these plans with the bonus data revert to the base data amount after a certain amount of time? For example the 6gb plan is 4gb plus 2gb, will it always be 6gb until I cancel or does it drop the bonus after 2 years?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2351 posts
784 upvotes
Whitehorse
It's Koodo matching this?

I don't want to deal with Bell/Virgin.