• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2018 1:36 pm
[OP]
Nov 17, 2015
36 posts
177 upvotes
Montr

[Virgin Mobile] FTTN Internet 25 MBPS unlimited $40 for 2 yrs [QC, ON]

While this deal may not be as great as the Rogers one, for those of us living in QC with only FTTN available, this deal seemed pretty decent to me.

Called Virgin to get home internet 25 unlimited for $50/month when the agent offered me the choice between a free month or $10 off my bill for 2 years. I chose the latter.

That comes down to $40 + tax per month for 2 years (no activation or modem fee, no contract)

Not a bad option if your only other choices are Bell or Videotron.
10 replies
Nov 27, 2010
338 posts
45 upvotes
Mississauga
great pricing for bell, and pretty useful if your 1 yr promo will expire soon
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1029 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
Cold deal, Carrytel (which uses bell lines) offers 50mbps unlimited for 40 + tax no contract.

Carrytel also offers 25mbps for $35 + tax unlimited no contract.

If you wana know more about carrytel msg me (I don't work with them, just a happy customer)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1673 posts
1395 upvotes
Toronto
Ychanceit wrote: Cold deal, Carrytel (which uses bell lines) offers 50mbps unlimited for 40 + tax no contract.

If you wana know more about carrytel msg me (I don't work with them, just a happy customer)
is it possible to pickup the modem in store and self install or must someone be home for the technician to come over and install it?
Multi Millionaire in Points
Feb 3, 2008
187 posts
208 upvotes
Montreal
Ychanceit wrote: Cold deal, Carrytel (which uses bell lines) offers 50mbps unlimited for 40 + tax no contract.

Care to post a link to the deal you're talking about? As far as I can see, Carrytel's website shows 45$ a month for QC residents with 49$+10$ shipping for the modem for 50mbps FTTN...
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
2089 posts
788 upvotes
Montréal, QC
How is the quality of your service with Virgin?
I have two friends who swiched fron Bell to Virgin and both are saying that the speed is really slow after a few months
Aug 5, 2010
119 posts
39 upvotes
Victoria
boxchevy wrote: Care to post a link to the deal you're talking about? As far as I can see, Carrytel's website shows 45$ a month for QC residents with 49$+10$ shipping for the modem for 50mbps FTTN...
35 and 40 price is for Ontario Resident
More expensive for us Qc resident
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3166 posts
869 upvotes
Toronto

to be fair, you should mention carrytel charges $49 1-time modem charge or $5.99 rental for 12-months (unless you have your own modem), while virgin includes it. yes it'll work out cheaper in the end with carrytel, if you stick around for a year.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1144 posts
525 upvotes
any idea if they would do the 50/10 plan with the 2 year $10/month discount? $50 for 60/10 would be perfect for me
she may be payin for dinner, but i'll be earnin it later!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10183 posts
2804 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Guys, TPIA like Carrytel and CIK, even if they use Bell's line, you're still routed through their backbones, which can be crap in the case of CIK, not familiar with Carrytel.

I would only stick to larger resellers like ebox and Teksavvy that do care and invest into their backbone, the smaller guys with unlimited BW will most likely have limited bandwidth available and are overselling and attract unwanted clientele which will most likely abuse.