Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Home Internet 100 - $35 per month for 1 year! New Customers Only! Highly YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2020 6:16 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1624 posts
1338 upvotes
Whitby

[Virgin Mobile] Home Internet 100 - $35 per month for 1 year! New Customers Only! Highly YMMV

For new customers, Virgin Mobile Home Internet 100 - $35 per month for 1 year! Promotion available only for 100/10 mbps package.

I am currently with Bell, since my promotional credits are expiring this month and Bell didn't budge I decided to move to Virgin couple of weeks, although there was no promotion going on when I signed up their rates were still cheaper than Bell and I have liked their service in the past as they are the same as Bell.

Last night I got a call from Virgin to confirm the installation and I was offered this promotion. I asked can others can this deal, the rep said anyone call Virgin and ask for new customer promotion to get this, so thought of sharing it here in case anyone else is planning to jump. This is not advertised on VirginMobile.ca

PS: Not a fan of Rogers. Also using my home's Rogers cable to extend my LAN so Rogers or any other cable internet was not an option for me.

Edit: I see people are not able to get the deal by calling in, I posted the deal with certainty because I explicitly asked the rep whether others can get this and she said to call Virgin and ask for new customer promotion. Sorry folks, adding YMMV to the title.
Images
  • VirginMobile.JPG
Last edited by abshahul on May 29th, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[external link removed]
115 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9252 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
$35 per month for the year correct?
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $45 300mbps plan

WTS: Keyboards
Apr 13, 2005
560 posts
256 upvotes
Just to note that virgin internet blocks certain vpns and there's no way around it. Won't work with my workplace cisco vpn.
Oct 19, 2014
98 posts
91 upvotes
Saint-Laurent, QC
aaa111 wrote: Just to note that virgin internet blocks certain vpns and there's no way around it. Won't work with my workplace cisco vpn.
How is that legal? Where's the net neutrality?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1624 posts
1338 upvotes
Whitby
CHINAdeals wrote: $35 per month for the year correct?
Yes, that's right, updated OP to avoid confusion. Thanks.
[external link removed]
Oct 31, 2017
270 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone tried as existing customer?
You miss shots you don't take.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10161 posts
11207 upvotes
aaa111 wrote: Just to note that virgin internet blocks certain vpns and there's no way around it. Won't work with my workplace cisco vpn.
I wonder if something else is going on. I have used MANY VPNs over the past couple years on Virgin DSL and never had an issue.

Including the CISCO VPN my latest work uses.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13912 posts
5398 upvotes
uhhh, are you sure ?
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
Was told online chatting (not calling), there is no promotion, will try another rep. maybe.
Nov 25, 2019
127 posts
98 upvotes
QC
Same here, the rep saying promotion not available (QC). He was also mentioning perhaps OP got a promo code to get this price.
Only promo they have is the same for new and existing customer, $15 off regular price.
Apr 12, 2020
27 posts
13 upvotes
Please be real, I'm stuck paying $50 for 30 mbps /w Teksavvy Crying Face
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1624 posts
1338 upvotes
Whitby
feejai wrote: Was told online chatting (not calling), there is no promotion, will try another rep. maybe.
I signed up through chat last week as well, they didn't mention this offer. May be try calling?
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1624 posts
1338 upvotes
Whitby
Brandoge wrote: Is this available in Ontario?
I'm in Ontario.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
Called in, same thing, rep had no idea about this promo.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6912 posts
7487 upvotes
BC
Brandoge wrote: Is this available in Ontario?
Considering the OP is in Whitby, pretty safe to assume that it is.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1624 posts
1338 upvotes
Whitby
Ronchilling wrote: I just signed up on a regular offer 2 weeks ago. Do they normally consider that and apply promo even if I’m an existing customer? Or don’t even bother?
No harm, giving them a call to see.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2006
2190 posts
262 upvotes
Thornhill
Been on this plan since April, I had ordered the 60 plan (with the -$20/mo for a year contract), and they called back later saying they will give us the 100 for the same price as a free upgrade. I was also a customer until last year October, so as a returning customer I still qualified (they most likely signed me up as a new customer though, different account number). This is in Ontario.
Something else is going on here, Cisco VPN is one of the VPNs I use and it works without issues.

Edit: more info
Last edited by Myv on May 29th, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2557 posts
494 upvotes
Thornhill
Lol called in a second time, it may be based on address... there are no promotion for the Thornhill ON area, my postal code is L4J 8M6. This deal is very much YMMV or just lucky OP received it. So two reps over chat and two reps over the phone, no deal.
Last edited by feejai on May 29th, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)