Home Internet 100 - $35 per month for 1 year! New Customers Only! Highly YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2020 6:16 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
2405 posts
392 upvotes
Thornhill
Lol called in a second time, it may be based on address... there are no promotion for the Thornhill ON area, my postal code is L4J 8M6. This deal is very much YMMV or just lucky OP received it. So two reps over chat and two reps over the phone, no deal.
Last edited by feejai on May 29th, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1616 posts
2033 upvotes
Just talked to a rep few minutes ago (ON), no promo.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Nov 21, 2007
134 posts
127 upvotes
Oakville
Just called and they said there is no such promotion in my area (Oakville, Ontario)
Feb 24, 2018
673 posts
366 upvotes
I subscribed two weeks ago in the GTA (Rogers line kept going out) and they said there's no promo). I asked for any student promos as well which they used to have). They still show nothing on this site so this is a 100% YMMV deal that the OP got and not an actual 'deal'.

In fact no major internet provider is having any deals like they usually do in the summer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7851 posts
8009 upvotes
PHuth2 wrote: I subscribed two weeks ago in the GTA (Rogers line kept going out) and they said there's no promo). I asked for any student promos as well which they used to have). They still show nothing on this site so this is a 100% YMMV deal that the OP got and not an actual 'deal'.

In fact no major internet provider is having any deals like they usually do in the summer.
Nope. Frankly there is just too much uncertainty, plus the logistics of getting hardware to people and getting it installed are very complicated right now.

They've all pretty much just kept 'normal' prices with no deals. Things will heat up as more and more of the reopenings happen.
Jul 3, 2006
232 posts
14 upvotes
Just called from Scarborough. The rep had no idea about this deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3618 posts
2218 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe OP is getting this deal because going from Bell to Virgin can possibly be done without any technician, as aren't they only different in name only?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1360 posts
1022 upvotes
Whitby
I see people are not able to get the deal by calling in, I posted the deal with certainty because I explicitly asked the rep whether others can get this and she said to call Virgin and ask for new customer promotion. Sorry folks, adding YMMV to the title.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1616 posts
2033 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Maybe OP is getting this deal because going from Bell to Virgin can possibly be done without any technician, as aren't they only different in name only?
maybe more promotions are coming up for June.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Dec 18, 2004
201 posts
97 upvotes
no promo in ottawa according to a few reps. i did make a quote (didn't proceed) and see if i get a call, maybe i'll proceed and when they call back see if i can get the promo. For those interested the best i found so far was tententel who are offering $35 for 75mb cable service. price good for 12 months then $39.99 - no contract, no modem rental, no activaiton, but $10 shipping if you don't have your own. Other decent ones that i've found are ebox, which was posted here a few days ago, and IVC, around $40/month for 75mb
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7851 posts
8009 upvotes
beachlover wrote: Maybe OP is getting this deal because going from Bell to Virgin can possibly be done without any technician, as aren't they only different in name only?
Certainly no technician needed since your line has already be provisioned for DSL.

Just a different modem (although technically the Bell modem would of course work fine)
Sep 26, 2019
172 posts
65 upvotes
Montreal,QC
I see only that on their site : 100/10 - 55$
Dec 15, 2013
192 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
I called and got the same deal. I already had a pending order and I got them to switch me to this promotion.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1660 posts
532 upvotes
Canada
damn seems like this is a 50/50 deal
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Nov 21, 2007
134 posts
127 upvotes
Oakville
davidwsw wrote: I called and got the same deal. I already had a pending order and I got them to switch me to this promotion.
What location? Province?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1360 posts
1022 upvotes
Whitby
davidwsw wrote: I called and got the same deal. I already had a pending order and I got them to switch me to this promotion.
Thanks for posting, good to know someone else was able to get it.
Apr 13, 2005
526 posts
208 upvotes
sexyj wrote: uhhh, are you sure ?
yes work IT says they have known issues with Virgin internet not working and I had to change ISP after 1 week of Virgin.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7851 posts
8009 upvotes
aaa111 wrote: yes work IT says they have known issues with Virgin internet not working and I had to change ISP after 1 week of Virgin.
Then I'd say your work does things in a very 'odd' way, without knowing the technical details I can't say what exactly that is.

Cisco VPN isn't a new thing, it's VERY widespread, and if Virgin caused problems with the majority of Cisco VPN deployments they'd fix it.

What did Virgin say when your IT contacted them to resolve the issue?