Expired Hot Deals

Virgin Mobile

Home Internet 100 - $35 per month for 1 year! New Customers Only! Highly YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2020 6:16 pm
Apr 13, 2005
526 posts
208 upvotes
repatch wrote: Then I'd say your work does things in a very 'odd' way, without knowing the technical details I can't say what exactly that is.

Cisco VPN isn't a new thing, it's VERY widespread, and if Virgin caused problems with the majority of Cisco VPN deployments they'd fix it.

What did Virgin say when your IT contacted them to resolve the issue?
Virgin said they do not support VPN and will not do anything further. Only solution was to switch ISP. Changed to teksavvy and all was good.
Apr 27, 2007
329 posts
327 upvotes
No go here in Richmond Hill, Ontario.

No promotions at all either lol. May try again in a few days.
IG @sickickschik
Oct 20, 2014
579 posts
274 upvotes
Trenton, on
aaa111 wrote: Virgin said they do not support VPN and will not do anything further. Only solution was to switch ISP. Changed to teksavvy and all was good.
Since this is probably DSL, the MTU might be at play here if you are using your own router as the gateway and virgin's modem+router as a modem only. For cable recommended MTU 1500, for DSL it is around 1492 or less AFAIK
Aug 5, 2008
126 posts
85 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON L4…
feejai wrote: Lol called in a second time, it may be based on address... there are no promotion for the Thornhill ON area, my postal code is L4J 8M6. This deal is very much YMMV or just lucky OP received it. So two reps over chat and two reps over the phone, no deal.
same story for me. No deal for Richmond Hill, ON L4C 8T3
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7850 posts
8009 upvotes
neatooo wrote: Since this is probably DSL, the MTU might be at play here if you are using your own router as the gateway and virgin's modem+router as a modem only. For cable recommended MTU 1500, for DSL it is around 1492 or less AFAIK
FWIW the "Steve" modem, which I have, can't be put into bridge mode, so you're always using 'their' router.

That said, ALL VPNs have worked fine for me. Heck, this message is being sent through a Cisco VPN connection.
Dec 15, 2013
192 posts
37 upvotes
TORONTO
abshahul wrote: I'm in Ontario.
I should specify that I had to talk to 2 different people. The first person said there is no such offer but the second person found it after I said I wanted to modify an existing order that I placed 2 days ago.
Aug 25, 2018
136 posts
57 upvotes
Last time when i wanted to get their connection they wanted to do a credit check. Hence didn't proceed. $35 for 100Mbps is a good price though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7850 posts
8009 upvotes
niklav wrote: Last time when i wanted to get their connection they wanted to do a credit check. Hence didn't proceed. $35 for 100Mbps is a good price though.
They all will likely do a credit check, that's standard fair.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1616 posts
2033 upvotes
"No Promo"
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Aug 24, 2011
540 posts
536 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I was able to get this as an existing customer, had to cancel first tho. I'm currently on 50Mbps and they offered me this on the 22nd. I still haven't seen the speeds nor the discount applied to my account. Waiting for Monday to call again.
Aug 25, 2018
136 posts
57 upvotes
repatch wrote: They all will likely do a credit check, that's standard fair.
I only choose prepaid options like Teksavvy. No credit check.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37038 posts
23003 upvotes
Center of Universe
niklav wrote: I only choose prepaid options like Teksavvy. No credit check.
It's only a soft check.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4678 posts
4381 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: FWIW the "Steve" modem, which I have, can't be put into bridge mode, so you're always using 'their' router.
It can't be put into a true bridge mode, but you can plug your own router into the Virgin modem, enter your Virgin PPPoE credentials into your own router and it'll effectively be the same as being in bridge mode.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5374 posts
1241 upvotes
Montreal
aaa111 wrote: Just to note that virgin internet blocks certain vpns and there's no way around it. Won't work with my workplace cisco vpn.
The Cisco VPN on my work laptop has no issue auto connecting to my Virgin wifi in Montreal.
Last edited by cn_habs on May 29th, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 13, 2011
162 posts
105 upvotes
Scarborough
Online chat CS told me no promotions for my area (Scarborough M1L)
Mar 10, 2011
476 posts
394 upvotes
Niagara
Just a heads up.
Do not let the tech take your bell equipment. I had a nightmare proving to them that the tech also worked for Bell and he said he would be returning the equipment to them.
Luckily my camera had captured his image and I had asked his name so they eventually stopped asking me for the equipment and I wasn't charged for it.
Save yourself some pain and let them send you the return labels to drop off at the post office.
See sumtin'. Say sumtin'. ('less someone else already did)