Virgin Mobile

Home Internet 100 - $35 per month for 1 year! New Customers Only! Highly YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2020 6:16 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1621 posts
2035 upvotes
monarchwest wrote: I signed up online and got a callback from Virgin within 15 minutes. No credits were available on any of the 25, 50 or 100 plans. Nothing else was offered to me, so I declined to proceed and left it at that. Maybe I should try setting up an install date in the future, then calling back in a couple days to cancel to see if they offer anything then?
So much work to get this ....... not all reps know about this
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1784 posts
244 upvotes
can anyone tell me that if i have a new prepay sim card. can i use it activate monthly plan ?
POCO F3 8GB 256GB + Rogers Unlimited talk & text $15 + Telus tablet line $0.00.
3 x Telus unlimited 25. 75GB $35 each line. 3 x tablet lines $0.00. 3 x 200mins CAN-US L&R $0.00. 3 x Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text $0.00. 3 x Visual Voicemail $0.00.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1621 posts
2035 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote: can anyone tell me that if i have a new prepay sim card. can i use it activate monthly plan ?
yes you'll get unlimited data for only 37.99. Just chat with online rep and provide this thread
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Sep 26, 2012
386 posts
248 upvotes
North York
monarchwest wrote: I signed up online and got a callback from Virgin within 15 minutes. No credits were available on any of the 25, 50 or 100 plans. Nothing else was offered to me, so I declined to proceed and left it at that. Maybe I should try setting up an install date in the future, then calling back in a couple days to cancel to see if they offer anything then?
I signed up for a future install date and called back day before to see if they could offer any credits or discounts. Agent tried but nothing more than $10 off. I asked to cancel the install, and they didn't even pass me on to a cancellation team, just cancelled right then and there. Too bad as I was going to see if I could have gotten a better deal with the cancellation department. Hopefully they have something for back to school in a couple months.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
1621 posts
2035 upvotes
monarchwest wrote: I signed up for a future install date and called back day before to see if they could offer any credits or discounts. Agent tried but nothing more than $10 off. I asked to cancel the install, and they didn't even pass me on to a cancellation team, just cancelled right then and there. Too bad as I was going to see if I could have gotten a better deal with the cancellation department. Hopefully they have something for back to school in a couple months.
so this is it???
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4412 posts
1759 upvotes
Durham Region
For those of you that managed to get this deal, did you ask for it outright or did you prod them into offering it to you?
Feb 28, 2011
573 posts
410 upvotes
YYZ
Has Virgin always required a hard pull/credit check to sign up for internet?
Unless your PM is of personal nature and unrelated to the thread, don't PM me. You can post in the corresponding threads instead.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7852 posts
8015 upvotes
Snuupy wrote: Has Virgin always required a hard pull/credit check to sign up for internet?
Not sure, guess it depends on your relationship with them. If you're completely new to them (and maybe Bell), ya, I'd expect that.

I'm both a Bell customer (for TV), and used to be a Virgin customer (for mobility), so when I signed up there was no hard check.

Don't really see the big deal though, whatever effect on your rating will evaporate after a few months.
Feb 28, 2011
573 posts
410 upvotes
YYZ
repatch wrote: Not sure, guess it depends on your relationship with them. If you're completely new to them (and maybe Bell), ya, I'd expect that.

I'm both a Bell customer (for TV), and used to be a Virgin customer (for mobility), so when I signed up there was no hard check.

Don't really see the big deal though, whatever effect on your rating will evaporate after a few months.
Not worth it to me if I currently have a $35/month plan with TenTenTel (though Bell's network is better)
Unless your PM is of personal nature and unrelated to the thread, don't PM me. You can post in the corresponding threads instead.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7852 posts
8015 upvotes
Snuupy wrote: Not worth it to me if I currently have a $35/month plan with TenTenTel (though Bell's network is better)
Is the 'not worth it' simply related to the hit to your credit?

If so, I'd encourage you to investigate what 'cost' there is to you when your score drops down for a short while. Unless you are planning to buy a house within the next 3-6 months the 'cost' to you is zero.

Just trying to dispel the wide spread myths on how credits scores work, and how 'bad' a hard check is.
Feb 28, 2011
573 posts
410 upvotes
YYZ
repatch wrote: Is the 'not worth it' simply related to the hit to your credit?

If so, I'd encourage you to investigate what 'cost' there is to you when your score drops down for a short while. Unless you are planning to buy a house within the next 3-6 months the 'cost' to you is zero.

Just trying to dispel the wide spread myths on how credits scores work, and how 'bad' a hard check is.
I'm very aware of how credit scores work, thank you.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4412 posts
1759 upvotes
Durham Region
Snuupy wrote: Has Virgin always required a hard pull/credit check to sign up for internet?
Same deal as Bell, who's been doing it since at least 2017
May 22, 2013
49 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I've had Virgin for a year and my $30 off/$60 promo ends next week.

I called in and just asked if they could extend the promo. The rep put me on hold to check and said that promo wasn't available anymore.

She offered a permanent promo of $10/month or $15/month for 1 year.

$45 for 50mbit/10mbit unlimited is reasonable. The modem is free rental, no dry loop fee, no setup/install fee. Their network is more stable than other resellers.
Mar 25, 2012
194 posts
194 upvotes
Kingston
My bell deals are expiring soon so thought Id give this a shot .

I first asked for promotions for new customers
was offered 25 , 50 or 100 at regular price with ($100)bill credit ( the same as whats on the website )

I Then asked about the new customer promo with 50% off he then advised me there is nothing like that available at this time.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1806 posts
2091 upvotes
Has anyone been able to get this deal recently? I tried but couldn't get it.
Jan 2, 2018
196 posts
265 upvotes
Ontario
DONT DO IT!!!

Stay away from Virgin internet and save yourself the hassle!!!

I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with them over the last 3 days since having service installed.

They couldn’t offer me free service for a year to keep me at this point.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
7852 posts
8015 upvotes
JacobL284488 wrote: DONT DO IT!!!

Stay away from Virgin internet and save yourself the hassle!!!

I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with them over the last 3 days since having service installed.

They couldn’t offer me free service for a year to keep me at this point.
Not sure what's going on in your situation, but I've had Virgin internet for 2 years now and have absolutely zero complaints.