Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Home Internet 100 - $35 per month for 1 year! New Customers Only! Highly YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2020 12:10 am
Oct 8, 2018
150 posts
189 upvotes
Hi,
It was kind of you to share the representative chat information with everyone.
I am not sure mentioning RFD in your conversation with sevice provider would benefit you; obviously the representatives would deny the fact, since they would restrict sharing information among social websites, unless it is their public promotion for everyone.
Hope you were able to ping OP for additional information and gained the promotion offer.
PS: not trying to pin point things; hope the promotion is beneficiary for most before being pulled down.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2154 posts
94 upvotes
GammaRayFort wrote: always.
the deal is off. it's for 30days only
I understand its only for the first 30 days. But even at $55 it's not a bad deal. but if they throttle, then i'll stay away.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1509 posts
878 upvotes
Toronto
Stunt_101 wrote: I understand its only for the first 30 days. But even at $55 it's not a bad deal. but if they throttle, then i'll stay away.
I’ve been with them for years and they don’t throttle me FWIW. I use about 300GB-600GB of usage a month. I believe if you go above 2TB a month they start throttling you.
Jul 4, 2008
23 posts
15 upvotes
Brantford
I admittedly haven't checked what carrytels current offers are, but the promo I received a couple years ago was 75down/10u cable, including modem rental ($50 deposit - 0$/m) for $39.99/m!

If you NEED faster, other posters in this thread claim 150mbps for $55/m after promo month. But for the slower speeds (yet faster than teksavvy @30mbps) you will pay less than teksavvy (who I was with for a decade before switching as they refused to be competitive!).

Just my $0.02. probably very relevant for others in this thread too if OP deal really is YMMV.

Edit: I have never been throttled by carrytels - and while I'm under this 2tb threshold mentioned, it's a data point with mentioning.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1162 posts
247 upvotes
Seems very YMMV, or I hope this is a preview of other promotions.
Internet deals have been very dry for the last 6 months.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4087 posts
3325 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: Does this require use of DMZ mode or something? I've never heard of that.

Do you have a source?
Source is me. I've been doing this since signing up with Virgin in December. Instructions I typed up in previous thread: LINK

People always mention that modems can't be put into bridge mode (which is true) in every Virgin internet thread, but doing it this way is effectively the same thing, if the point is to use your own router for port forwarding, Wifi, etc. I'm not a networking expert, but I think the only difference is that the modem is not truly "dumb" like in real bridge mode, and if you plug something into the modem's LAN ports, it's using the modem as the router. This way supposedly also avoids double NAT, which happens when you normally plug a router into another router.
Feb 14, 2019
637 posts
571 upvotes
arjia wrote: This is my chat transcript with the rep on their website. He even tried to say it was a fake bill LOL...

Agent: Hey! How can I help you?

You: Hi there

Sebastian:
Heyya!! This is Sebastian at your service! :)

You: Hello Sebastian

Sebastian: Looking for home internet ?

You: my friend advised there's a promo for Internet for new customers now

You: yes

You: 100/10

You: for $35/month for 12 months

Sebastian: Thank you for reaching us my friend . Unfortunately, we don't have that promotions going on . We have been getting a lot of customers from morning asking for the same promotions

You: really

Sebastian: We used to have that promotion during the black Friday

You: cause someone got it and posted it on RFD

You: virgin-mobile-home-internet-100-35-per- ... v-2379201/

You: i see...

You: then thanks. the pricing is too expensive for me

You: is there any promos for the 50mbps down

Sebastian: That might have been a false information

You: looks like he got the deal

You: he even posted his bill

You: it's $70/month minus a $35 credit

You: Home internet Promo

You: it expires 06-2021

Sebastian: We don't have any update on this . We aren't giving any promotions lately . All the promo that we had were expired long back due to the pandemic

You: if you look at the link and look at his image

You: he has proof he got it

You: it's ok if you can't

Sebastian: Can you get the order number please ?

You: doesn't have an order number

You: he blanked out his userid

You: but you can see the details

Sebastian: That's where the catch is

Sebastian: That might be a fake bill

You: it's ok

Sebastian: Because we don't have that promotion in Virgin home internet

You: i don't think so

You: he can vouch

You: if i msged him

You: you can see the image

You: it's actually virgin mobile

You: it's ok i understand. it's beyond your capability. Since you advised there's no promos

Sebastian: Yes , Trust me I make sure that I get the best for my members . Since that promotion is not available I wouldn't be able to help you with that

You: thanks anyways.

Sebastian: If you had provided me the order number or the contact number of that friend while placing the order . I would have looked into that

You: it's ok

You: as you can see.. a lot of people have been asking

You: if there's no promos, then I will look else where. Thanks again

Sebastian: Thanks for your time :)

Sebastian: I am sorry that I am not able to help you

You: it's ok. Thanks take care
First rule of RFD, you don't talk about RFD!
Dec 25, 2006
189 posts
26 upvotes
Called Virgin and asked about the same offer and was told by the rep that it does not exist. They also mentioned that they have had a large volume of calls about this very promotion since yesterday (lol thanks to the OP).

I did end up signing up for their Home Internet for their 50Mbps plan for $60/month. The rep did confirm that there are no hidden fees, installation charges, modem fees, etc. I am in Milton (FSA: L9T) and they confirmed that their service is a dedicated fibre to home. The only other company offering that in Milton is Bell and their price for the 50Mbps plan is $80/month. I scheduled my installation date to be a week from now and will see if I get lucky and get a call like OP about a better promotion in the time being. Will post an update then.
Feb 28, 2011
462 posts
276 upvotes
YYZ
mouseswimming wrote: cable internet 75: $44.99, 75M down, 10M up
fiber internet 50: $44.99, 50M down, 10M up

which one is better?
Generally cable - "fiber" runs on copper DSL lines where your Bell DSLAM could be a legacy Stinger and it just sucks.

if your building/home has FTTH it might be different (I haven't had personal experience with this) but generally cable tends to be more stable. In this case it's also a tad faster on the downstream.

Careful about carrytel though, they want you on a 1 year contract now and I personally wouldn't do it.

Called in to virgin, no-go, rep immediately knew about the $35 100/10 that isn't available.
✈️AMEX Business Platinum|Cobalt|Blue Business Plus|US Bank Altitude Reserve|Chase Ink Preferred|Citi Premier🌍
💳TD NA Cash|Rogers WE|CTFS WE+Cash Advantage💰
🏦Charles Schwab|Fidelity|Alliant|Ally💸
📱Zoomer $36 4GB x2|Carrytel $40 75/10|TenTenTel $35 75/10🌐
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4950 posts
4528 upvotes
jm1 wrote: Source is me. I've been doing this since signing up with Virgin in December. Instructions I typed up in previous thread: LINK

People always mention that modems can't be put into bridge mode (which is true) in every Virgin internet thread, but doing it this way is effectively the same thing, if the point is to use your own router for port forwarding, Wifi, etc. I'm not a networking expert, but I think the only difference is that the modem is not truly "dumb" like in real bridge mode, and if you plug something into the modem's LAN ports, it's using the modem as the router. This way supposedly also avoids double NAT, which happens when you normally plug a router into another router.
Haha! Never even knew the modem HAD a WAN port! I'm guessing the result may be a double NAT (but then why would you need the PPPoE credentials, interesting...).

I guess first step: get the PPPoE credentials, Virgin never gave them to me, and the modem gives no ability to show that (just *). Does Virgin just give that info to you, or is it a headache?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4950 posts
4528 upvotes
mouseswimming wrote: cable internet 75: $44.99, 75M down, 10M up
fiber internet 50: $44.99, 50M down, 10M up

which one is better?
Depends on your location, and how many of your neighbours have either service.

In my neighbourhood almost everybody has cable, since the telephone lines have degraded making DSL useless. When I signed up they replaced the cable and I get great performance on DSL, and since almost nobody else uses DSL I have pretty much perfect service.

Cable slowed down every evening without fail.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4950 posts
4528 upvotes
besmirlikaj636759681068619947 wrote: Downtown Montreal. I was able to get 15$ credit for 12 months.

Kind of worried about the whole VPN thing. Will try it and report back.
Don't be. Honestly, I think the OPs company is doing something weird, and instead of fixing the problem just blamed the ISP. We're talking about Bell's network here, if VPN didn't work pretty much nobody would be using it.