Computers & Electronics

Virgin Mobile Home Internet reviews and experiences

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2022 1:37 pm
Sr. Member
Aug 23, 2010
626 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for the replies. Seems like something is wrong with my account and Virgin CS is not being helpful then.

I have their Valérie modem and not using my own router.
I can see the relative percentage for each device when logging into the modem, but cannot see actual usage as per @krs's screenshots above.
Images
  • Untitled.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7239 posts
4891 upvotes
SW ON
j831 wrote: Thanks for the replies. Seems like something is wrong with my account and Virgin CS is not being helpful then.

I have their Valérie modem and not using my own router.
I can see the relative percentage for each device when logging into the modem, but cannot see actual usage as per @krs's screenshots above.
I see the same online, i.e., I don't see usage. My account is one month old. Maybe they stopped showing this for new accounts, I don't know. If it's unlimited I don't see why they have to track usage.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
7814 posts
1915 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
I assume when you click on the "View my usage" link at the bottom left you get nothing.

Did you make any changes to the Valérie modem configuration? Mine is just the standard setup
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
7814 posts
1915 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
alpovs wrote: If it's unlimited I don't see why they have to track usage.
Virgin doesn't - but I would like to see it in case I want to switch to another ISP with an account with limited usage to save some money.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
17022 posts
4810 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Anyone able to extend their current offer with the new promos out now? $45 for 100mbit/10mbit up
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7239 posts
4891 upvotes
SW ON
weedb0y wrote: Anyone able to extend their current offer with the new promos out now? $45 for 100mbit/10mbit up
I wasn't.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
17022 posts
4810 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
alpovs wrote: I wasn't.
Thanks, will cancel and re-sign up. I am noticing on the web, that I can get the same 100mbit for $40month off their website once you sign up for it. FTTH home
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
7814 posts
1915 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
weedb0y wrote: Thanks, will cancel and re-sign up. I am noticing on the web, that I can get the same 100mbit for $40month off their website once you sign up for it. FTTH home
Does that work with Virgin?
These "deals" are usually for NEW customers only - question is how do they define "new"
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
7814 posts
1915 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Does anyone know where I can buy a battery for the HH3000 modem?
Bell no longer sells it.

Or even what the battery product ID is to help me google
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
7814 posts
1915 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
Dhanushan wrote: The battery is B5566a
Thanks,
Found a few for sale at $80.-, far cry from $30.- which it seemed Bell was selling this for and what I expected I woul have to pay.
I can buy a 600VA UPS for $60.-

If anyone else is interested in a battery for the HH3000, there is one on Kijiji right now, brand new for $25.-
Located in St. Catherines - too far for me to go and pick that up.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
17022 posts
4810 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
krs wrote: Does that work with Virgin?
These "deals" are usually for NEW customers only - question is how do they define "new"
Signed up under my wife’s name. Easy.
Newbie
Feb 20, 2021
13 posts
10 upvotes
I have VM coming in next week to install internet 100. They do claims FTTH but I am still doubtful. Currently have another sub-provider of Bell who provided me with the Home Hub 2000, which is essentially the Steve modem, and connects to a regular land line phone cable, NOT fiber.

For those of you who had Valeria (Home Hub 3000) installed and were told fibe was available for your address, did the tech do the installation using the green fibe cable, or regular phone cable?
Jr. Member
Feb 28, 2007
181 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
I live in a house, Toronto area and use VM 100M service.

they installed valerie modem with green fiber line coming to my house.
k0101v wrote: I have VM coming in next week to install internet 100. They do claims FTTH but I am still doubtful. Currently have another sub-provider of Bell who provided me with the Home Hub 2000, which is essentially the Steve modem, and connects to a regular land line phone cable, NOT fiber.

For those of you who had Valeria (Home Hub 3000) installed and were told fibe was available for your address, did the tech do the installation using the green fibe cable, or regular phone cable?
Newbie
Feb 20, 2021
13 posts
10 upvotes
bjwcg7tf wrote: I live in a house, Toronto area and use VM 100M service.

they installed valerie modem with green fiber line coming to my house.
Did you already have the green Fibe wire coming into your home, or did the tech install it brand new by drawing it in from outside?
Jr. Member
Feb 28, 2007
181 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
k0101v wrote: Did you already have the green Fibe wire coming into your home, or did the tech install it brand new by drawing it in from outside?
the fiber line was installed by Bell when I was with them.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
7814 posts
1915 upvotes
Cornwall, Ontario
k0101v wrote: I have VM coming in next week to install internet 100. They do claims FTTH but I am still doubtful. Currently have another sub-provider of Bell who provided me with the Home Hub 2000, which is essentially the Steve modem, and connects to a regular land line phone cable, NOT fiber.

For those of you who had Valeria (Home Hub 3000) installed and were told fibe was available for your address, did the tech do the installation using the green fibe cable, or regular phone cable?
Are you in a house or condo or apartment? Technology used can be different to provide this service.
I'm in a house, fiber was installed in the neighbourhood by a Quebec subcontractor years ago, at that time the fiber cable was run to the outside of the house, that's all.
When I signed up for FTTH years later, Bell came and ran the fiber inside the house.

Why do you even worry about how the service is provided as long as you get what you paid for?
Newbie
Feb 20, 2021
13 posts
10 upvotes
krs wrote: Are you in a house or condo or apartment? Technology used can be different to provide this service.
I'm in a house, fiber was installed in the neighbourhood by a Quebec subcontractor years ago, at that time the fiber cable was run to the outside of the house, that's all.
When I signed up for FTTH years later, Bell came and ran the fiber inside the house.

Why do you even worry about how the service is provided as long as you get what you paid for?
I am in a house. With my current sub-provider of Bell I have (using Home Hub 2000 aka Steve modem) it comes in through a landline phone cable and I experience drops ever so often. Some people I know have the actual green fiber optic cable coming directly (true FTTH) and they have rarely had any issues. That is my only concern. I am hoping the tech is able to run a new cable from outside rather than using the existing landline phone cable.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2018
1126 posts
1924 upvotes
k0101v wrote: I have VM coming in next week to install internet 100. They do claims FTTH but I am still doubtful. Currently have another sub-provider of Bell who provided me with the Home Hub 2000, which is essentially the Steve modem, and connects to a regular land line phone cable, NOT fiber.

For those of you who had Valeria (Home Hub 3000) installed and were told fibe was available for your address, did the tech do the installation using the green fibe cable, or regular phone cable?
Installed on Monday this week. In a newer build house and Bell guy said I have FTTH but he needed to fish the fibre line into the basement. Took about 2 hrs or so. Valerie HH3000 modem is great, I get reliable wifi all over house now unlike before with Fido. Ran speed tests across the house to test wifi strength and to see whether I’d need a mesh network.

Modem located in basement under front entryway, speed at modem ~120, first floor den also gets ~120 because it’s right over modem, family room on first floor at back of house gets ~80-90, office on 2nd floor front of house gets ~80-90, master bedroom on 2nd at back of house gets ~25-30 which is still good enough to stream 4k Netflix. Front of house to back of house is roughly 60 ft distance.

For comparison old Fido modem was located in upstairs office before and would get 150 in that office, 75 in master bedroom, 25 in den downstairs, 5-10 in family room.
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2016
155 posts
178 upvotes
Absolutely the worst experience I've had with an ISP. Amongst the plethora of installation problems, the modem effectiveness was the kicker... especially the 2.4ghz band (yes, my camera system requires this) wouldn't provide the necessary speeds even when 10 feet directly in front. Customer service wasn't terrible but each tech couldn't resolve the problem.

Top