Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Hot !!!! 20 GB for 45$ + 1000 LD Mins at comfort of your home

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2022 5:43 pm
Dec 7, 2020
584 posts
524 upvotes
Star* wrote: Does this work for existing users?
It should work if you are not in a contract
Oct 20, 2019
243 posts
212 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote: Did you guys get the shipping confirmation first? Haven’t received mine yet and I live in Markham. But I only ordered Monday lol
Check your junk mail, I found my shipping confirmation there this morning. I ordered yesterday as well and received the shipping notice at 8:30am PDT.
Production Rig: Ryzen 5900x, RTX 3090, 64gb RAM
Gaming Rig: Intel 13700K, RTX 3080, 32gb RAM
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1812 posts
826 upvotes
Markham
dchang83 wrote: Check your junk mail, I found my shipping confirmation there this morning. I ordered yesterday as well and received the shipping notice at 8:30am PDT.
Not in there either. I already got the sim and ported number over. Call probably just took 15 mins total.
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1161 posts
459 upvotes
Abbotsford
Decided to jump ship from Shaw mobile. Sim card is in the mail. I'm a little disappointed that the sim card is shipped from ON and won't be here until next Monday. I would have gladly picked up the sim card at retail :facepalm:
Jun 11, 2007
208 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP! Got the sim this afternoon from Purolator.

Anyone porting from Fido? It's been 3 hours and still hasn't ported over yet.
Jun 9, 2008
174 posts
32 upvotes
dubby wrote: Thanks OP! Got the sim this afternoon from Purolator.

Anyone porting from Fido? It's been 3 hours and still hasn't ported over yet.
Did you call their number to initiate the port? Was done for me within a few minutes but I would recommend leaving your old SIM in (if you don't have a second phone) to get the confirmation text from Fido.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7960 posts
4708 upvotes
Montreal
cashinstinct wrote: Chat rep mentioned a connection fee credit

I don’t see a mention of connection fee credit in my contract I received later during the day

Is it mentioned in the contract for chat online orders ?
I ended up calling customer support

The phone rep told me the connection fee credit has not be setup by the chat Agent.

Phone rep did make sure I would get the connection fee credit.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5645 posts
116 upvotes
I am with Zoomer, and the port is finished. Approx. 30 minutes, and did not have to reply to the 'OK' text.
Dec 13, 2012
77 posts
19 upvotes
Ended up getting my sim today shipped by Purolator. Porting was pretty fast, called the number that the rep gave me over chat and my number was ported within the hour.
Oct 20, 2019
243 posts
212 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote: Not in there either. I already got the sim and ported number over. Call probably just took 15 mins total.
Wouldn't worry about it too much if you already received the SIM. I received a notification but SIM is suppose to arrive next Monday. Takes the full week for us here on the West coast to receive things from Ontario.
Production Rig: Ryzen 5900x, RTX 3090, 64gb RAM
Gaming Rig: Intel 13700K, RTX 3080, 32gb RAM
Jun 11, 2007
208 posts
15 upvotes
Markham
JesseV87 wrote: Did you call their number to initiate the port? Was done for me within a few minutes but I would recommend leaving your old SIM in (if you don't have a second phone) to get the confirmation text from Fido.
Yea, I called 1-866-413-0642 and they says it'll take about an hour. I replied the text confirmation with yes in all caps.
Oct 31, 2020
66 posts
125 upvotes
Thanks OP! Switched over on Friday, got the SIM today and ported over from Koodo in under 30 minutes once the process started. A bit of a bumpy ride completing the process over multiple chats but well worth it.

Cheers!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7960 posts
4708 upvotes
Montreal
SudburyMan wrote: Anyway to activate visual voicemail?
It's a $5 per month option and it requires voicemail 25 (which is a $4 option itself).

This plan comes with voicemail 3.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7960 posts
4708 upvotes
Montreal
The credit hit was on Equifax for people wondering about such things.
Oct 19, 2016
525 posts
222 upvotes
Is anyone who recently switched to Virgin experiencing delays in phone notifications?

Texts/messenger/emails/RFD replies/Facebook etc are all 15-30 minutes delayed.

I'll receive a notification then check the time the message occured and it's very behind.

I never had this with Koodo before. Nothing else changed (phone, number etc are all the same).
Feb 16, 2007
284 posts
221 upvotes
I contacted Virgin and they did offer this plan, but when pressed about 5G plan adaptability (when Virgin has 5G enabled) the agent said this plan would not be eliigible.

Is this a deal breaker?

I'm currently with Koodo on a 10GB $40 plan
Mar 18, 2012
156 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
BLeagues wrote: I contacted Virgin and they did offer this plan, but when pressed about 5G plan adaptability (when Virgin has 5G enabled) the agent said this plan would not be eliigible.

Is this a deal breaker?

I'm currently with Koodo on a 10GB $40 plan
I switched from Koodo. I was originally on the 11gb $40 plan but they increased my plan to $45 per month. If you were part of the public mobile migration plan I would check to see if they’re going to increase your monthly bill as I heard others got the same increase.
Dec 13, 2014
247 posts
98 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
myinglin0318 wrote: Really strange how a sim can do that to your phone. Have you tried putting it in another phone?
Yup popped in my Bell Corp phone and it was fine. Put it back in the wife’s phone while on with tech support and she was baffled, said it had to be an Apple issue. Casually mentioned that Fido has the same plan, maybe their porting will be smoother and low and behold it started working!