Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Hot !!!! 20 GB for 45$ + 1000 LD Mins at comfort of your home

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2022 5:43 pm
Mar 7, 2004
441 posts
6 upvotes
I just got the same message, unfortunately, the offer has expired, and can only offer $50 for 20GB. I will try again in the afternoon I guess.
Nov 29, 2018
40 posts
21 upvotes
Same here, was told the same just now:
Thank you, I would like to let you know that 20GB for $45 has been expired.

offered $50 for same service without the 1000 LD min
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12725 posts
3167 upvotes
Mississauga
Yep, was literally just on the chat and was told the same. Looks like the deal's dead.
[OP]
Dec 10, 2014
40 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dear RFD members, looks like party is over for 45$ ....may be YMMV. Few members are reporting same plan without LD mins at 50$..

I have also seen few members getting 45$ 20 gig plan with Fido through chat.. again YMMV

I like to thank everyone who made this tread so successful and took advantage of this offer.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1121 posts
1078 upvotes
catpurrcat wrote: Was this from the Koodo $40 for 12gb plan from last black friday?
Yes. After tax was about $46. I was thoroughly annoyed with Koodo since they didn't originally apply the $10 credit for a few months. Instead of giving an account credit to fix it, they simply extended the $10 credit longer (to force me to stay longer than 2 years). This plan is essentially the same with more data plus virgin member benefits like cineplex 2 for 1.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7058 posts
4904 upvotes
Ottawa
I don’t understand why this is so hot , 20gb for $45 is almost regular price everywhere?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Aug 11, 2009
808 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: I don’t understand why this is so hot , 20gb for $45 is almost regular price everywhere?

You didn't have to physically go into a store or talk to a person on the phone, clearly you are not as fragile and anxious as us fellow RFDers. Let us hide behind our computers damnit!
no external links allowed
Aug 26, 2010
287 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: I don’t understand why this is so hot , 20gb for $45 is almost regular price everywhere?
This was pretty hot for not being a winback or an epp deal. Also hot for being a non promo pricing plan where the price is guaranteed to increase after 12 months.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10991 posts
2802 upvotes
Victoria
The other back to school offers had expiring credits. IE after a year your price goes up automatically. It seems to be getting rarer to get a decent plan on sale, that isn't based on temporary credits.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1050 posts
667 upvotes
GTA
zod wrote: The other back to school offers had expiring credits. IE after a year your price goes up automatically. It seems to be getting rarer to get a decent plan on sale, that isn't based on temporary credits.
That’s why I move to Freedom credits has no expiration additional credit have that those are like toppings and extra sweetener.
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
13461 posts
7732 upvotes
So, I got my first bill last night, payment due Sept 5th, but I have yet to get shipping notice for my SIMs. I signed up Aug 19th. Is this normal?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10991 posts
2802 upvotes
Victoria
Gutty96 wrote: So, I got my first bill last night, payment due Sept 5th, but I have yet to get shipping notice for my SIMs. I signed up Aug 19th. Is this normal?
I think it is. I'm in the same boat. Someone else posted the SIM arrived by purolator without any kind of shipping notice, so I gather it just shows up.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
13461 posts
7732 upvotes
zod wrote: I think it is. I'm in the same boat. Someone else posted the SIM arrived by purolator without any kind of shipping notice, so I gather it just shows up.
I figured as much, just glad I am not the only one. Still had a chuckle when I got the bill before the service though. :)
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10991 posts
2802 upvotes
Victoria
Gutty96 wrote: I figured as much, just glad I am not the only one. Still had a chuckle when I got the bill before the service though. :)
yah.. I did get some kind of 20% one time discount on the monthly fee (they charged me $3 for the end of last month, but 20% off the current month). I guess that's most likely to compensate for the travel time of the sim.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1654 posts
299 upvotes
Kitchener
Gutty96 wrote: So, I got my first bill last night, payment due Sept 5th, but I have yet to get shipping notice for my SIMs. I signed up Aug 19th. Is this normal?
Yes. The PDF invoice will somewhat explain the charges. From what I can make of it, it’s a partial charge for upcoming service. You’ll see it has a monthly charge (20% off) expiring a month from your sign up date.
Aug 26, 2010
287 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: I think it is. I'm in the same boat. Someone else posted the SIM arrived by purolator without any kind of shipping notice, so I gather it just shows up.
Yeah my sim cards arrived by Purolator without any shipping notice. I actually missed him as I wasn't expecting anything. I did the chat on Friday and I received the sim cards on Monday. I'm in Toronto.
Mar 18, 2012
156 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
DC1018 wrote: Did you get notified by text or on the monthly statement? I am not on the same plan but similarly getting 12GB for $40. I am on the fence because the call control feature has been extremely handy in blocking all unwanted calls. As far as I know, Bell/Virgin doesn't have this feature in place.
This was the message I got from Koodo by email early August. I don't even look at my monthly bill as it automatically withdrawn but apparently it was mentioned on my July bill on the increase. Didn't even know the call control was a featured I had lol.

"As a valued Koodo customer, we want to keep you
informed of upcoming changes to your mobility account.
These will affect the following phone numbers:
<***>*******
As we mentioned on your July bill, the monthly
service charge for the above lines on your account will
increase by $5/month. You’ll start to see this monthly
increase on your August bill.
Remember, you can always manage your services by
logging into your account at koodo.com
It’s always our priority to ensure you fully understand
the details of your Koodo services. If you have questions
about your account, you can visit https:/koodo.com/help
to learn more.
Thank you,
The Koodo Team"

There's a RFD thread where people got this increase much earlier than I did.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... 529101/11/
Nov 3, 2003
774 posts
415 upvotes
Knowhere
Just got the deal at Markville Mall if anyone in area.

Rep said don't know how long deal will last.
20220824_114609.jpg
20220824_114934.jpg
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10991 posts
2802 upvotes
Victoria
shinsky wrote: Just got the deal at Markville Mall if anyone in area.

Rep said don't know how long deal will last.

20220824_114609.jpg
That's a different deal. There's a Back to School Deal amongst most of the subbrands for 45/mo for 20gb, but it only lasts for a year (you get credits which expire after 12 months). The deal in this thread is 45 all the time, no expiring credits. I think most kiosk's have access to the regular Back to School sale, i don't think they have access to the one in this thread that doesn't expire.

That's why the one in this thread was better.. no gimmicks to hook you in on a good deal, and then have to deal with it expiring 12 months later.
Last edited by zod on Aug 24th, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 3, 2003
774 posts
415 upvotes
Knowhere
zod wrote: That might be a different deal? There's a Back to School Deal amongst most of the subbrands for 45/mo for 20gb, but it only lasts for a year (you get credits which expire after 12 months). The deal in this thread is 45 all the time, no credits, no expiration. I think most kiosk's have access to the regular Back to School sale, i don't think they have access to the one in this thread that doesn't expire.
I think you're correct :)
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)