Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Hot !!!! 20 GB for 45$ + 1000 LD Mins at comfort of your home

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2022 5:43 pm
Aug 16, 2018
226 posts
161 upvotes
I tried the chat today and these were the offers I was given instead:
  • $60 for 20GB
  • The same but with a $5 discount
  • $50 for 20GB with no discount
The last one got pretty close to this deal at least. But I asked again if it could match the $45 plan and after some time the agent stopped responding and the chat disconnected Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes. Maybe I'll look to the similar back to school plans, or the PhoneBox $35 for 10GB which sounds good.
Aug 21, 2022
3 posts
3 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: So, I got my first bill last night, payment due Sept 5th, but I have yet to get shipping notice for my SIMs. I signed up Aug 19th. Is this normal?
I signed up August 22nd and got a notice from Purolator this morning saying they attempted delivery (Signature required) and I can pick up the SIM card from their locker which I'll try later today. No shipping notice/tracking or anything past the confirmation e-mail from Virgin. But was quick delivery in my case and hopefully set up and porting is smooth.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7960 posts
4708 upvotes
Montreal
Ordered my sim Monday afternoon , got it Wednesday in Quebec

Ended up with $45 for 15gb in Quebec. No limited time credits, it’s the price of the plan.

Got 2nd month free and credit for connection fees .

Have the 1000 long distance minutes addon but I don’t need it.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Mar 7, 2004
441 posts
6 upvotes
Just to update as I chatted with virgin again with Calvin that people here appear to have gotten good luck with in the past.

Plan keeps increasing in price, now it's 55 (this morning it was 50), and now it's the normal 60 price with a special "5 dollar off for 12 months if you sign right away"
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1575 posts
856 upvotes
Edmonton
Same thing here. Deal dead and offered $55/12months and $60 thereafter.

You'd think Virgin would be laughing all the way to the bank with the # of new subs they had on this plan. And not even like it is a steal of a deal or anything. $45/m BYOP is pretty reasonable for both sides.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1654 posts
299 upvotes
Kitchener
TechnoKing07 wrote: I signed up August 22nd and got a notice from Purolator this morning saying they attempted delivery (Signature required) and I can pick up the SIM card from their locker which I'll try later today. No shipping notice/tracking or anything past the confirmation e-mail from Virgin. But was quick delivery in my case and hopefully set up and porting is smooth.
Porting for me took about 10 mins on the phone and it was active as soon as I inserted the SIM. This was moving from Bell though and their systems are integrated. Might be longer/more tedious with anyone but Bell/Lucky.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1812 posts
826 upvotes
Markham
Carbo wrote: Same thing here. Deal dead and offered $55/12months and $60 thereafter.

You'd think Virgin would be laughing all the way to the bank with the # of new subs they had on this plan. And not even like it is a steal of a deal or anything. $45/m BYOP is pretty reasonable for both sides.
Until other carriers decide to offer it too!
RTX 4090 FE & 5800X3D
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7960 posts
4708 upvotes
Montreal
TechnoKing07 wrote: hopefully set up and porting is smooth.
Porting call was easy

Rep told me about 30 minutes delay for port from telus.

Took around 1 hour for incoming calls to work after inserting sim into phone
(Calls I made to other phones were showing up my correct number before incoming calls worked)
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28757 posts
9356 upvotes
Hamilton
Damn. The deal expired
hated on but respected.
Aug 21, 2022
3 posts
3 upvotes
iLLNESS wrote: Porting for me took about 10 mins on the phone and it was active as soon as I inserted the SIM. This was moving from Bell though and their systems are integrated. Might be longer/more tedious with anyone but Bell/Lucky.
Pretty quick for me too, I called in to the number the chat agent told me to call once I received the SIM and got connected within a few minutes of calling. They asked for the temp phone number, the account number from my old provider, and what number I wanted to port over. Within 30 seconds of her doing the request I got the text message to port. She gave me a passcode to set up my voicemail and said I should just wait up to 30 minutes before switching SIM cards. I inserted it and am good to go! Switched from Freedom. Was paying $40/10gb and even if I was offered $40/20gb I finally give up with their reception. Friends on Bell or Telus always seem to have service when I don't so hopefully I'm happy with the change!
Jul 9, 2016
77 posts
27 upvotes
azaadpanchee wrote: Just signed up - took about 45min I think from start to finish. $45 20GB non-shareable data + 1000 LD minutes + $0 SIM + $0 Activation Fee (reimbursed via credit in the 2nd or 3rd month).
Only disappointment is the non-shareable data - I guess I will have to live with it until something better comes along.

Thanks OP!
Haven't even received the Virgin SIM and today I got the Rogers Winback offer (used to be with Rogers a couple of years back); BYOD, No contract, prices locked for 24 months:
$45 25GB 5G Infinite + 1000 LD Minutes (very few countries) + $100 bill credit + $0 activation
OR
$35 12GB LTE non-infinite + 1000 LD minutes (very few countries) + $100 bill credit + $0 activation

I am leaning towards taking the Rogers, just not sure which one. I only wish the Rogers call came sooner as I will have a $50 activation charge with Virgin + probably prorated plan charges with Virgin. Thoughts?
Dec 7, 2020
584 posts
524 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: So, I got my first bill last night, payment due Sept 5th, but I have yet to get shipping notice for my SIMs. I signed up Aug 19th. Is this normal?
Did you get activation fee waived on first bill?
Dec 25, 2019
248 posts
248 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
rebel_rfd wrote: That's not how you factor the cost per line.
Two data only SIMs isn't equivalent to a voice + data SIM.
Also you're paying for the data only SIM.
You mentioned Infinite, so I assume you're with Rogers.
If you ask the reps, Rogers can credit you the monthly cost of those SIMs.
I spoke with Rogers. They indicated the reimbursement of the $10 data/tablet sim is only available when you finance a tablet with them and for the term of the financing. Which makes sense. Are they going to provide a service absolutely free?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5561 posts
2340 upvotes
Toronto
Bedman71 wrote: I spoke with Rogers. They indicated the reimbursement of the $10 data/tablet sim is only available when you finance a tablet with them and for the term of the financing. Which makes sense. Are they going to provide a service absolutely free?
Ah, didn't know that. Sometimes they incorrectly price tablets when they first launch before adjusting the pricing accurately so I had an iPad Air 5th Gen with them.
Nov 7, 2011
840 posts
895 upvotes
British Columbia
Just got to say. I got this plan with online chat without any haggling. Told them I was porting from Telus. Online chat is the slowest thing ever, but 1.5 hours later SIM card is on its way. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1909 posts
3268 upvotes
The Tee Daught wrote: Just got to say. I got this plan with online chat without any haggling. Told them I was porting from Telus. Online chat is the slowest thing ever, but 1.5 hours later SIM card is on its way. Thanks OP!
Did you get $45 for 20 gb with no credits + 1000 LD minutes today?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10991 posts
2802 upvotes
Victoria
Got my purolator pick up notice for the sim today (here in BC).
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3963 posts
1274 upvotes
Calgary
zod wrote: Got my purolator pick up notice for the sim today (here in BC).
When was this shipped? I chatted last Saturday and the sim has not arrived yet
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10991 posts
2802 upvotes
Victoria
casperr wrote: When was this shipped? I chatted last Saturday and the sim has not arrived yet
I did the chat last Friday, so I'm guessing around then. I guess purolator isn't really that quick with cross Canada shipments.
Dec 10, 2020
24 posts
34 upvotes
I chatted with Virgin Plus reps on Tuesday, received an email that said order received. Still waiting for an email stating that the sim cards are out for delivery, located in BC. Anyone else get an email saying their monthly e-bill is ready? I thought that billing started after I activated and ported over.