Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] [HOT??] Virgin Mobile - $55/mo - 500 CW + 4GB of Data [AB/BC Only]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 9:30 am
[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
59 posts
66 upvotes

[Virgin Mobile] [HOT??] Virgin Mobile - $55/mo - 500 CW + 4GB of Data [AB/BC Only]

Hey Guys!

Just got an email from one of my sources saying that this weekend there is a 'black friday' deal going on again. In my opinion that was better, but this is still a decent deal that I wanted to share with you guys.

This is a BYOP Plan from Virgin Mobile, available to all customers. You just need to ask for this at the stores and they should be able to do this for you, if you are interested.

Not a bad deal for those who don't want to jump through all the hoops to get the better available offers. Good chance other carriers will begin matching this in the near future. Expires this coming Monday.
Thread Summary
For the equivalent deal on Fido, see this thread.
22 replies
Jul 28, 2008
30 posts
22 upvotes
lethbridge alberta
Im just in the process of leaving Rogers after 24 years (wow), and that's not bad. Overall the plans for Alberta are crappy, I think the best I can see after checking all the carriers is the Public Mobile plan (3 month plan for $180 with 15gb) gives Unlimited Calling and Texting, and 5gb data/month for $60/month. Its only 5 bucks more and the unlimited calling/texting and the flexibility of using the 15gb averaged over 3 months seems worth it to me. Monday I will decide for sure, but thats looking like my best option atm.
Jul 2, 2013
334 posts
110 upvotes
VANCOUVER
wonder if i can pitch this to the retentions teams at the other carriers :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5283 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
I have the same one but my data are add-on & is not byop I got the LG G6 for free.
Last edited by d1ulove3 on Dec 9th, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Aug 29, 2017
71 posts
16 upvotes
Decent plan, would be better with unlimited Canada wide. I won’t make the switch since this past Black Friday I got the $45 2gb+2gb(24months) and unlimited Canada wide loyalty plan with Fido. You just had to be with them for 90days and mention freedom. Also $70 for going over 1gb damn. I pay $5 for 250mb overage. So $20.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5283 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
max011 wrote: Terrible. Ever heard of Zoomer Wireless???

Do yourself a service: Search Forums/Hot deals please... Several threads, including Loyalty plans... Rogers network.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... m-2142135/
Yes we know, how it became terrible? Virgin is always good for US. Discount, bill credit, flagship phone, perks. all I need to keep my line active is there.

Freedom Mobile F&F

[OP]
Dec 21, 2012
59 posts
66 upvotes
max011 wrote: Terrible. Ever heard of Zoomer Wireless???

Do yourself a service: Search Forums/Hot deals please... Several threads, including Loyalty plans... Rogers network.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... m-2142135/
Just offering another option I thought was decent to the RFDers, if you don’t like the plan just downvote and move on. No need to be so rude to me for me sharing an offer on this forum.

Virgin has extremely good loyalty plans and especially there member benefits too. Each their own I guess.
Aug 18, 2011
75 posts
17 upvotes
KITCHENER
SSB9987 wrote: Just offering another option I thought was decent to the RFDers, if you don’t like the plan just downvote and move on. No need to be so rude to me for me sharing an offer on this forum.

Virgin has extremely good loyalty plans and especially there member benefits too. Each their own I guess.
Just left Virgin, haha, joke that it has extremely good loyalty plans, never had one.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5283 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Taj2002 wrote: Decent plan, would be better with unlimited Canada wide. I won’t make the switch since this past Black Friday I got the $45 2gb+2gb(24months) and unlimited Canada wide loyalty plan with Fido. You just had to be with them for 90days and mention freedom. Also $70 for going over 1gb damn. I pay $5 for 250mb overage. So $20.
The plan I have is canada wide, it's different the current byop offer.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13671 posts
11169 upvotes
Leask
Market dump on Telus because of Public's promo's.

We may see less of these on Virgin now that Bell launched Lucky Mobile.

It's a Bell/Virgin weekend at TMS, and the phone deals are hot.
No solicitation in sigs
Jan 12, 2004
164 posts
115 upvotes
Calgary
Was paying $54 for 2GB and unlimited Canada-wide everything for the longest time month to month at Virgin, terrible value. Was originally $44 a few years ago, but they kept finding ways of forcing the price upward ("Writing to let you know the cost to your plan is increasing by $5/mo"). Service is good, but not worth it for that price, esp. after the Starbucks promos got gimped. Missed out on the $40/4GB thing last year, and couldn't find any competitor promos they would find a threat (ie. everything was loyalty promos), so got tired of waiting for a deal and kaiboshed the whole thing. Now going pure VoIP over Fido 3GB tablet plan for $15, seeing how that works out.

If you find a good Virgin plan, might be worth it for the good customer service and member benefits, but those two things alone aren't going to make up for poor value.

li Arc
Matrixvibe wrote:I dunno for this deal. Last time I hoarded coffee I didn't sleep for a week.
Nov 26, 2017
38 posts
51 upvotes
Edmonton
Looks like a good deal, but there are better deals out there... No offence))
Zoomer has the hottest deal at the moment, IMHO. Pretty much same minutes and 2 Gb of data, but for $36 CAD a month. With the ability to upgrade to loyalty plan after 6 months. And I am not even mention their referral's policy, which is better than great - it basically gives almost a full month of free service to a person smart enough to use it))
And customer service... I've been with Virgin before, few years back. Same as the "big three", every time I called them, I had to wait, and wait, and wait... and wait. With Zoomer the longest I've spend on hold was 2 minutes. I kid you not. 2 minutes.

So... This would be a good deal, if it wouldn't be for Zoomer. Sorry mate.
Last edited by Reynart on Dec 9th, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time"
Terry Pratchett
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4588 posts
6239 upvotes
Vancouver
SSB9987 wrote: Just offering another option I thought was decent to the RFDers, if you don’t like the plan just downvote and move on. No need to be so rude to me for me sharing an offer on this forum.

Why would I downvote you for trying to help?? [Got so many downvots myself when helping others as well, but it didn't discourage me...]

I'm not going to upvote it either, just bringing to your attention Zoomer plans...

Not for everybody, true, but many people would save a lot of money with them... And, contrary to what someone ignorant said, you have a lot of options there, unlimited minutes, yes, data to your liking, good network... For way less money. And you should look at their loyalty plans!! You don't have to call Retention or who not, just ask CR after six months for the Loyalty plan of your choice. Done. 3 minutes tops.

Cheap USA coverage is missing, true, but not everyone needs it and there are other great options to cover that base...
"A fool and his money are soon parted" Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)