• Nov 21st, 2018 1:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6544 posts
2378 upvotes
Montreal

[Virgin Mobile] HUAWEI P20 PRO - 0$ + Free Watch + $150 Visa Card

Deal is valid on the Pro and NON Pro version.
There is also the option to buy now and wait til Dec 24 to activate it.
Last edited by Madevilz on Nov 21st, 2018 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1097 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Isn't the Koodo deal better in the end?
I mean $60 for 2GB/500min is kind of on a high side.
If you want unlimited minutes as well, it's $65.
Oct 14, 2017
795 posts
843 upvotes
You added it after my comment. But that's okay. I deleted my comment once I saw you added it. No worries.
Madevilz wrote: Read the title, see the link.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6544 posts
2378 upvotes
Montreal
xtrmDeals wrote: You added it after my comment. But that's okay. I deleted my comment once I saw you added it. No worries.
No I didn't. My question about the camera is the edited part. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6544 posts
2378 upvotes
Montreal
Varian wrote: Isn't the Koodo deal better in the end?
I mean $60 for 2GB/500min is kind of on a high side.
If you want unlimited minutes as well, it's $65.
The Gold Plan for $50 shows this on my side:
UNLIMITED Canada-wide minutes
2 GB Data
UNLIMITED Evening & Weekends from 5pm to 7am on plans with limited minutes
UNLIMITED Worldwide Text Messaging from Canada
UNLIMITED Picture Messaging to Canada & US
MyPeeps, Voicemail 3 & Call Display
Sep 25, 2017
570 posts
433 upvotes
Strong/Free Canada
Virgin tends to have alot higher device balances than Koodo tab. They do this so you have to stay the two years. Unless you get a out of province gold plan ala Quebec or Saskatchewan I don't think this is worth it get the p20 pro with watch at Koodo instead
"Buy now...think later...You can always return it."
Dec 6, 2008
704 posts
202 upvotes
Giorgiodethrifty wrote: Virgin tends to have alot higher device balances than Koodo tab. They do this so you have to stay the two years. Unless you get a out of province gold plan ala Quebec or Saskatchewan I don't think this is worth it get the p20 pro with watch at Koodo instead
I thought there was something from CRTC that device balances after 2 years get void..
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2584 posts
697 upvotes
North York
We went on vacation with another family last June and the husband had just got his brand new P20 day before we left. Unfortunately for my wife her S6 died the next morning after we got back and didn't get a chance to pull all our pictures and videos off. I took it to several places and conclusion was the phone's main board was dead and I wasn't going to spend $1000-1200 at a data recovery place because I could just add a bit more and go back to Cuba again and make some new memories :) Anyways, lucky for us the friend had some nice moments captured of our family using his P20 and I was also impressed at how it performed under low lighting. So getting my wife a P20 was a no brainer and also wanted to try something different because her last 3 phones were S3, S4 and S6. The price difference to upgrade to P20 Pro at the time wasn't too much more so that is why we went with that otherwise I'm sure the P20 regular would have been just fine.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6544 posts
2378 upvotes
Montreal
Giorgiodethrifty wrote: Virgin tends to have alot higher device balances than Koodo tab. They do this so you have to stay the two years. Unless you get a out of province gold plan ala Quebec or Saskatchewan I don't think this is worth it get the p20 pro with watch at Koodo instead
Virgin also has the Pro with the watch on Platinum plan, but no gift card.

I think i'll try to chat with a rep and see if I can get the gift card with the Pro because the promo states this:

Limited Time Offer! $150 Bonus gift promotion. Available for new activations on 2-year agreements with a Platinum, Diamond. or Diamond Plus plan starting November 20, 2018. Bonus gifts distributed via Visa® Gift Cards or In-store credits. Visa Gift Cards only available online and in select stores. When Visa® Gift Cards aren't available, we'll give you an in-store credit instead. The Virgin Mobile Visa® Prepaid Card can be used everywhere Visa® cards are accepted worldwide. Offers can change anytime without notice.
Last edited by Madevilz on Nov 21st, 2018 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6544 posts
2378 upvotes
Montreal
mwong168 wrote: We went on vacation with another family last June and the husband had just got his brand new P20 day before we left. Unfortunately for my wife her S6 died the next morning after we got back and didn't get a chance to pull all our pictures and videos off. I took it to several places and conclusion was the phone's main board was dead and I wasn't going to spend $1000-1200 at a data recovery place because I could just add a bit more and go back to Cuba again and make some new memories :) Anyways, lucky for us the friend had some nice moments captured of our family using his P20 and I was also impressed at how it performed under low lighting. So getting my wife a P20 was a no brainer and also wanted to try something different because her last 3 phones were S3, S4 and S6. The price difference to upgrade to P20 Pro at the time wasn't too much more so that is why we went with that otherwise I'm sure the P20 regular would have been just fine.
thanks for the feedback on the camera!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1097 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Madevilz wrote: The Gold Plan for $50 shows this on my side:
UNLIMITED Canada-wide minutes
2 GB Data

Weird.
This is what it shows for me.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6544 posts
2378 upvotes
Montreal
Varian wrote: Weird.
This is what it shows for me.
Different plans for each provinces I guess.