Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Internet 50/10 Mbps $35/mo. or 100/10 Mbps $40/mo. (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2022 3:54 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2005
760 posts
816 upvotes
Toronto
electricianvince wrote: Ontario only. No Quebec
It is available in Montreal, Quebec. Even checked if Virgin Plus Internet is available by using one of their store locations:

FireShot Capture 012 - Order Internet - Virgin Plus - www.virginplus.ca.png

And these were the options and offers that came up for it:

FireShot Capture 013 - Internet - Virgin Plus - My Bill - myaccount.virginplus.ca.png
Last edited by Quid Pro Quo on Nov 25th, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9150 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
Fyi there's a $100 Visa prepaid card offer on the mobile site. Doesn't show up on the main website though.
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $40 100mbps plan

LF: Keycaps (Just the Numpad; GMK, DCX, MITO)
Nov 14, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
Quid Pro Quo wrote:
It is available in Montreal, Quebec. Even checked if Virgin Plus Internet is available by using one of their store locations:

Yeah that I know I've been with them for about 4 years. I was referring to the current promotions Wich aren't the same
Aug 29, 2013
28 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
CHINAdeals wrote: Fyi there's a $100 Visa prepaid card offer on the mobile site. Doesn't show up on the main website though.
could you provide the link? I didn't see it with chrom on my phone.. Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9150 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
lzljzys wrote: could you provide the link? I didn't see it with chrom on my phone.. Thank you
There has to be an error. It shows up in mobile (the $100 visa card deal but no black friday deal) but on desktop (black friday deal, no visa card).

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/internet/index.html

Either way I ended up signing up. $40/mth, 12 mth deal but no contract, waived install fee and a $50 Visa prepaid card. The rep did it for me so it's possible.

Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3467 posts
3978 upvotes
Canada
CHINAdeals wrote: There has to be an error. It shows up in mobile (the $100 visa card deal but no black friday deal) but on desktop (black friday deal, no visa card).

https://www.virginplus.ca/en/internet/index.html

Either way I ended up signing up. $40/mth, 12 mth deal but no contract, waived install fee and a $50 Visa prepaid card. The rep did it for me so it's possible.
Their offer has a strange footnote:
Prices may increase during subscription.
https://www.virginplus.ca/en/internet/i ... rovince=ON
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9150 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
RxMills wrote: Their offer has a strange footnote:

It says that on all their marketing. Seems it's a legal thing? Maybe someone who's had them for a while can attest to price changes.

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3742 posts
4147 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Quid Pro Quo wrote: It is available in Montreal, Quebec. Even checked if Virgin Plus Internet is available by using one of their store locations:

FireShot Capture 012 - Order Internet - Virgin Plus - www.virginplus.ca.png

And these were the options and offers that came up for it:

FireShot Capture 013 - Internet - Virgin Plus - My Bill - myaccount.virginplus.ca.png
What the reference was to "not available in QC" was for this offer. I have the exact same offers as you. Max 50M service @ $45/m and will surely go up after first year like usual and have to talk to them every year to neotiate. No patience for Bell tactics. I swore off all Bell products many years ago. Only time I will consider ever taking another Bell service is the day they decide to offer FTTH in my area, with a decent price. But I'm sure unlimited 5G internet will be available before Bell decided to do that.

For now, I will stick to my 100M plan with Fizz for $50/m and no price changes/hikes as long as I don't make changes in my plan.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
TouchMyBox wrote: If only they offered more than 10 up to their FTTH customers, then this would be pretty hot.
They would be cannabilizing their own bell business. It’s the same service, artificially slowed .
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
almc1984 wrote: She did ask if I have a phone plan with Virgin and I don't. That could be why. I've been using Virgin home internet for the past year and paying $50/m 100mbps. She refused to price match. Anyways, I asked my neighbours and found out my building has 1gbps for $55/m with Rogers for 2 years no contract, so I'm going to switch to that instead.
Cancel, and within a day you will get an email to call them. They will offer it then
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3742 posts
4147 upvotes
Montreal, QC
RxMills wrote: Their offer has a strange footnote:

"Prices may increase during subscription."

That's not strange. That's just Bell warning you of the inevitable.

The way most of these Promos work (with Bell), is they show you the base price, and then all the discounts applied to come down to the $40 price tag you signed up for. However the only thing that is guaranteed for the year are your discounts. So if their base price goes up by $5/m, then so does your price. The discounts are still intact, but they are discounts off the base price which DOES go up. And once our year is up, you need to call them every year, to "try" to negotiate a new discount. I have no patience to call them every year. So I just went elsewhere, where I don't need to argue every year.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3742 posts
4147 upvotes
Montreal, QC
weedb0y wrote: Cancel, and within a day you will get an email to call them. They will offer it then
Yup.. 100% correct.

They did that to me 7 or 8 years ago (maybe more) when I canceled my landline and ported it to a VoIP provider. I had called to renew a discount and fix a recurring static issue on my phone line every time it was raining/wet. They could not help with the discount this time around, and told me it would take 4 to 5 day to get a tech to check out the line. Oh and let's not forget the usual speach about "if the issue is with internal wiring, you will be charged, blah, blah, blah". Well Kind of pointless for tech to come in 4 or 5 days, if it is not raining and there is no more static. They said it is the best they can do. So I hung up, and initiated a number transfer to my already existing VoIP service. Next morning Bell called me wondering "why I was porting out and if I authorized the transfer ?". Told them to just read their notes and yes it was authorized. Then they asked if they gave me the $18/m discount I had before and send a technician before end of the day, if I'd consider staying. I told them "NO", and to put me on their do not call list :) That was my last Bell service, and don't regret it.
May 5, 2016
503 posts
642 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
oh damn, i just signed-up this morning, but missed the $50 credit card offer. hope the other RFD'ers can capatalize on this -- that's value bruh.

Hate to cancel my Teksavvy cable 25 service, as they have been responsive and reliable over the years. But dude, I was paying like almost $70 taxes in. I had called in for retentions but was told $10 off per month, for the next 6 months was all they could do.

I'll walk you through my Virgin 50 Home Internet sign-up process from this morning..... Here's how it went down:
  • started off with a chat session on Virgin website
  • girl (or young lady is more appropriate these days??) on the chat session was helpful in answering my questions
  • She double-confirmed with me that this will not be the old DSL technology, but will be the latest and greatest fibre. a tech will be dispatched to my place to conduct the work.
  • next step in the process was i had received a phone call from the Virgin sales rep
  • asked for my credentials and email address
  • received email with a URL, with instructions to enter my driver's license for credit check
  • technician installation appointment was setup, surprisingly lots of available time slots even for early next week!
  • proceeded with the 'schpiel' and received a number of email confirmations from Virgin
  • interesting that no credit card information has been provided to date, I guess that will be coming up at some point
We all know that it's only a matter of time before BHell/Virgin start jacking up the price again. My strategy for cheap internet will be to cycle between promotions in the coming years, alternating between fibre and cable, to minimize outage downtime.
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3742 posts
4147 upvotes
Montreal, QC
duttydeals wrote: oh damn, i just signed-up this morning, but missed the $50 credit card offer. hope the other RFD'ers can capatalize on this -- that's value bruh.

Hate to cancel my Teksavvy cable 25 service, as they have been responsive and reliable over the years. But dude, I was paying like almost $70 taxes in. I had called in for retentions but was told $10 off per month, for the next 6 months was all they could do.

I'll walk you through my Virgin 50 Home Internet sign-up process from this morning..... Here's how it went down:
  • started off with a chat session on Virgin website
  • girl (or young lady is more appropriate these days??) on the chat session was helpful in answering my questions
  • She double-confirmed with me that this will not be the old DSL technology, but will be the latest and greatest fibre. a tech will be dispatched to my place to conduct the work.
  • next step in the process was i had received a phone call from the Virgin sales rep
  • asked for my credentials and email address
  • received email with a URL, with instructions to enter my driver's license for credit check
  • technician installation appointment was setup, surprisingly lots of available time slots even for early next week!
  • proceeded with the 'schpiel' and received a number of email confirmations from Virgin
  • interesting that no credit card information has been provided to date, I guess that will be coming up at some point
We all know that it's only a matter of time before BHell/Virgin start jacking up the price again. My strategy for cheap internet will be to cycle between promotions in the coming years, alternating between fibre and cable, to minimize outage downtime.
It may not be the old DSL, but it is probably not FTTH (Fiber-to-the-Home) either. Do they offer Gigabit Fibe in your area ? If not, then it is surely not FTTH. it is probably FTTN (Fibre to the neighbourhood/node). From the Node (wherever it is located) it is just a standard copper line to your home.
May 5, 2016
503 posts
642 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Emporium wrote: It may not be the old DSL, but it is probably not FTTH (Fiber-to-the-Home) either. Do they offer Gigabit Fibe in your area ? If not, then it is surely not FTTH. it is probably FTTN (Fibre to the neighbourhood/node). From the Node (wherever it is located) it is just a standard copper line to your home.
just out of curiousity, i checked my chat history with the CSR lady. she's saying that i'm getting FTTH.

that's the good stuff right? i actually never looked up the difference or done any research on this.

screenshot of chat history below:
Screenshot 2021-12-08 111557.png
Screenshot 2021-12-08 111612.png
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
2161 posts
823 upvotes
Are they gonna increase prices next year? do they have a bait and switch record?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3742 posts
4147 upvotes
Montreal, QC
duttydeals wrote: just out of curiousity, i checked my chat history with the CSR lady. she's saying that i'm getting FTTH.

that's the good stuff right? i actually never looked up the difference or done any research on this.

If that is truly what you are getting, then YES, that is great, and the cleanest connection you can get from Bell.
IF you check on what is available in your AREA (with Virgin and Bell), what is the highest speed that is listed for your address ? Just curious. If Gigabit Fiber is not listed, then I doubt it will be FTTH.

Guess you'll find out soon enough, if you get Fiber cable or a copper Cable into your home :)
May 5, 2016
503 posts
642 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Emporium wrote: If that is truly what you are getting, then YES, that is great, and the cleanest connection you can get from Bell.
IF you check on what is available in your AREA (with Virgin and Bell), what is the highest speed that is listed for your address ? Just curious. If Gigabit Fiber is not listed, then I doubt it will be FTTH.

Guess you'll find out soon enough, if you get Fiber cable or a copper Cable into your home :)
just checked Bell website. apparently, 1.5 Gigabit fibre service is available. i think that means that i'm baller status! thanks for the advice. Electric Light Bulb
May 26, 2018
165 posts
165 upvotes
duttydeals wrote: just out of curiousity, i checked my chat history with the CSR lady. she's saying that i'm getting FTTH.

I have virgin they only have FTTN here and I can't even get 50mbps on their internet so I settled for 25mbps. Otherwise I'd be paying for 50 and getting 37mbps.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2009
1343 posts
1339 upvotes
Can this internet work without active phone line? Last time I had bell internet which was years ago, the modem needed to be plugged in a phone line.