Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Internet 50/10 Mbps $35/mo. or 100/10 Mbps $40/mo. (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2022 3:54 pm
Dec 5, 2016
603 posts
876 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: They would be cannabilizing their own bell business. It’s the same service, artificially slowed .
Even if they just bumped it up to 30Mbps to match Rogers' best offering to most people. 10Mbps doesn't quite cut it for a WFH family.
Nov 30, 2013
304 posts
481 upvotes
Hamilton
Dhanushan wrote: Been with Virgin Mobile/Plus for almost 2 years and never had my price increase "during subscription"
Only company that has never increased my price has been Koodo, been with them for over 10 years. Just called in about this deal and I had logged into my account before hand to check my info and noticed that my bill was going to go up by $2.50 this month!!! I pay $60+ tax for 50/10. I never log in or read the bill because its the same every month preauthorized. Anyways short answer is they will give me a credit of $30 for 12 months on the new price of $62.50 so I will pay $32.50+ tax for 12 months, Thanks OP, saved me $350 over 12 months.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1135 posts
737 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
raviji wrote: Can this internet work without active phone line? Last time I had bell internet which was years ago, the modem needed to be plugged in a phone line.
Yes it can , no active phone line is needed, just the copper for the dry loop if you don't have fibre to the house.
Nov 13, 2016
361 posts
263 upvotes
PaulOttawa wrote: ImageJust went to cancel Virgin due to expired credits. Was offered 300mb down and 100mb upload (complained upload speed was bad for video calls) for $45.

Didn't even know this speed was an option!
Did you end up taking the offer? Is the speed actually 300/100? Interesting that they are able to offer this. My biggest complaint about Virgin has been the lack of higher upload speeds.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1135 posts
737 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
EEE2 wrote: Is this dsl?
It is dsl if you have fttn or it's fibre if you have ftth.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3467 posts
3978 upvotes
Canada
CHINAdeals wrote: It says that on all their marketing. Seems it's a legal thing? Maybe someone who's had them for a while can attest to price changes.
Price changes during an agreement. I can't believe that the public just accepts that. They can raise prices. But if they lower prices and offer and better deal to "new customers", you can't take it. Heavy leverage on their part.
Nov 26, 2021
215 posts
372 upvotes
Who is the responsible for this monopoly on both gsm and home internet? The prices are crazy high yet the speeds are real low.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9150 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
RxMills wrote: Price changes during an agreement. I can't believe that the public just accepts that. They can raise prices. But if they lower prices and offer and better deal to "new customers", you can't take it. Heavy leverage on their part.
I agree it's scummy. At least there's no contract involved but it's still terrible.
Koodo Mobile Plan | $30 20gb plan
Virgin Plus Internet Plan | $40 100mbps plan

LF: Keycaps (Just the Numpad; GMK, DCX, MITO)
Mar 1, 2009
132 posts
79 upvotes
As per cs, this is partially fiber service.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17024 posts
4813 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
TouchMyBox wrote: Even if they just bumped it up to 30Mbps to match Rogers' best offering to most people. 10Mbps doesn't quite cut it for a WFH family.
It works fine. Zoom/gaming/wyze cams doesn't require much upstream.
Nov 6, 2013
565 posts
484 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I think this must be quite YMMV. I am in Montreal (plateau) and I see a 100/10 service for $55, which is what I always see. I'd jump on 40$ at 100Mbps. I wonder if they'd have any promotions for me, since I'm also a V+ phone user.

Does anyone in Montreal have any experience with Virgin (VDSL) internet compared to cable? I've been using Videotron resellers for years, but it was much better out in NDG than where I am in the Plateau.
Mar 27, 2011
884 posts
598 upvotes
Toronto
Is there an extra fee for the modem rental?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2365 posts
771 upvotes
wuhaowz wrote: As per cs, this is partially fiber service.
Depends where you live. Its FTH for my area.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Sep 3, 2020
23 posts
17 upvotes
I had 100/10 for 50$, just called in and could lower the existing to match the promo; now it's 35 for 100/10
ask for a loyalty rep if you have +12month with them, they can give you the offer, that's what the rep told me.
May 5, 2016
503 posts
642 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
gekaizer wrote: Is there an extra fee for the modem rental?
nope, no extra modem rental charge. check out the detailed itemized billing info received via email upon sign-up confirmation.

Screenshot 2021-12-09 160017.png
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Nov 13, 2016
361 posts
263 upvotes
Is Virgin usually easy to get discounts again when your promotional pricing is done? I believe Bell itself is a pain and Rogers can be hit or miss. I'm not a fan of having to switch providers every 12 months but if Virgin makes it easy to get another 12 months of discounts every year it might be worth considering.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3742 posts
4148 upvotes
Montreal, QC
RxMills wrote: Price changes during an agreement. I can't believe that the public just accepts that. They can raise prices. But if they lower prices and offer and better deal to "new customers", you can't take it. Heavy leverage on their part.
Well they play with the words in the agreement and don't even make it 100% clear up front. They don't guarantee the price, they guarantee you "discount" for the agreement period. That's how they get away with it.
They are the sleeziest company I have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to do business with. When our government was investigating construction companies, they should have included Bell. Their schemes are more elaborate. And having ex-telecom executives who are responsible for the CRTC oversight of these companies doesn't really help much. Far from being an independent oversight body, when every decision they make will affect their buddies that they go golfing with.
Jul 19, 2011
34 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bell website says "While fibre doesn’t go right to your home, it reaches the neighbourhood". is it still worth to switch? I am considering 100/10. I am with Rogers now.
Jul 18, 2014
723 posts
1682 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
just called in as an existing customer with 50/10 at $45/m got the 100/10 for $40 for 12 mouths

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)