Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Internet 50/10 Mbps $35/mo. or 100/10 Mbps $40/mo. (50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2022 3:54 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10151 posts
990 upvotes
Toronto
$36 for 12 months

Quid Pro Quo wrote: FireShot Capture 009 - Affordable Internet Plans - Virgin Plus - www.virginplus.ca.png

Virgin Plus Internet offer is only available in Ontario and Quebec.

Check if Virgin Plus Internet is available at your address: https://www.virginplus.ca/en/internet/o ... ernet.html
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4634 posts
4891 upvotes
GTA
pman113 wrote: just called in as an existing customer with 50/10 at $45/m got the 100/10 for $40 for 12 mouths
That's good news. I signed up for 50/10 at $50 in the spring of this year. Shortly after they were offering 100/10 for $40 or 45, I called back twice to switch but they said no both times. It's been good enough, but more for less would've been nice. Anyways, based on your experience I hope they can do something for me as I near the end of my 12 month promo.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3465 posts
3974 upvotes
GVRD
Emporium wrote: When our government was investigating construction companies, they should have included Bell. Their schemes are more elaborate. And having ex-telecom executives who are responsible for the CRTC oversight of these companies doesn't really help much. Far from being an independent oversight body, when every decision they make will affect their buddies that they go golfing with.
Many government unions invest heavily in Bell, Rogers, etc. In many ways, their actions are "protected" unless there's a strong public reaction - or a leader/party sees an opportunity to get political points to change something.
Jul 18, 2014
721 posts
1650 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
derass wrote: That's good news. I signed up for 50/10 at $50 in the spring of this year. Shortly after they were offering 100/10 for $40 or 45, I called back twice to switch but they said no both times. It's been good enough, but more for less would've been nice. Anyways, based on your experience I hope they can do something for me as I near the end of my 12 month promo.
the first lady I spoke to said she couldn't do it but she said I'd have to talk to a "retentions" I think she called it something else but I can't remember what the name was, 2nd lady did no hassle
May 5, 2016
485 posts
622 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
etesami wrote: Is there any cancellation fee?
Contract Term is month to month. No cancellation fee.
Let's get rich together on RFD. Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
May 5, 2016
485 posts
622 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
duttydeals wrote: oh damn, i just signed-up this morning, but missed the $50 credit card offer. hope the other RFD'ers can capatalize on this -- that's value bruh.

Hate to cancel my Teksavvy cable 25 service, as they have been responsive and reliable over the years. But dude, I was paying like almost $70 taxes in. I had called in for retentions but was told $10 off per month, for the next 6 months was all they could do.

I'll walk you through my Virgin 50 Home Internet sign-up process from this morning..... Here's how it went down:
  • started off with a chat session on Virgin website
  • girl (or young lady is more appropriate these days??) on the chat session was helpful in answering my questions
  • She double-confirmed with me that this will not be the old DSL technology, but will be the latest and greatest fibre. a tech will be dispatched to my place to conduct the work.
  • next step in the process was i had received a phone call from the Virgin sales rep
  • asked for my credentials and email address
  • received email with a URL, with instructions to enter my driver's license for credit check
  • technician installation appointment was setup, surprisingly lots of available time slots even for early next week!
  • proceeded with the 'schpiel' and received a number of email confirmations from Virgin
  • interesting that no credit card information has been provided to date, I guess that will be coming up at some point
We all know that it's only a matter of time before BHell/Virgin start jacking up the price again. My strategy for cheap internet will be to cycle between promotions in the coming years, alternating between fibre and cable, to minimize outage downtime.
I'm pleased to provide an update on my installation work order noted above in Post #33. Fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) was installed as promised yesterday evening. To my pleasant surprise, the installation was NOT COPPER. The installer "hammerdrilled" a new aperture through the foundation, to feed the fibre cable directly to the location of the modem/router.

It was a very involved installation that took the Bell technician nearly 3+ hours to complete:
  • The technician was in his 30s, and had 5 years on the job experience. He called me an hour before the scheduled time, and advised that he was ready to arrive early which was great. Lucky that I got an experienced and accommodating tech.
  • aerial cable span between two hydro poles across the street from my house
  • finally an aerial connection across the street to my home
  • Cabling was installed along the surface mount to the entrance into the house
  • He was professional and compliant following my instructions on how he should attach and mount the exposed cable along the soffit underside aluminum flashing. (I didn't want the cable installed my eavestroughs due to annual leaf cleaning and potential eavestroughs renovation work in future.)
  • Cable mounting was completed in straight lines in a professional manner.
  • Caulking was provided at the outdoor exposed cable entrance.
  • The technician offered to staple the fibre cable along the wall, but I told him no thanks.
  • I also requested a longer fibre cable in case I wanted to move the router in a different spot in the room, and he gladly found a super long cable for me in his van -- much of it is coiled, but hey it's good to be futureproof!
  • Equipment provided by Virgin was "Valerie", Sangecom Fast 5566
Although he was a great guy and very professional, I would strongly suggest homeowners supervise the installation. I was with him every step of the way for three hours, and have no regrets. You definitely want to be on the same page with how you want the cables mounted, and for your operations/maintenance considerations. I had drawn diagrams and elevation drawings on a scrap piece of paper for him.

Speeds are impressive. I'm getting about 64 Mbps down and 11 Mbps up; whereas, 50/10 advertised.

I left the gentleman a $20 tip for a job well done. I wanted to. He was fantastic, and I would expect this installation to last for years to come. I could have done a lot worse! (Try hiring a guy for 3 hours to do work on your house; good work don't come for free, my friends)

Hope my shared experience will be helpful for those looking to switch to Bell/Virgin FTTH. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Dec 10, 2009
23 posts
10 upvotes
glad your install went well. You could have had the guy who drills and knocks out your power by clipping electrical.Angry Face Had to call in the electricians to replace wiring
Jan 5, 2004
483 posts
265 upvotes
Side question about Virgin Internet...

Moving from CarryTel (25M) to Virgin (50M)
Got Installation performed yesterday.
The speed is around 50M but ping is slow (>60ms)

My kids complained about the ping. They said it was OK before the switch.
I thought CarryTel is using BELL network too.
So, why the ping is slower than before?

Anyone has the same issue?
Any suggestion on how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
9738 posts
2840 upvotes
Richmond Hill
terrencel wrote: Side question about Virgin Internet...

Moving from CarryTel (25M) to Virgin (50M)
Got Installation performed yesterday.
The speed is around 50M but ping is slow (>60ms)

My kids complained about the ping. They said it was OK before the switch.
I thought CarryTel is using BELL network too.
So, why the ping is slower than before?

Anyone has the same issue?
Any suggestion on how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
I am coming from a 500u Rogers plan and I find the ping is actually better with Virgin 100u since my condo uses the Bell fibre connection I'm assuming.
Feb 3, 2015
100 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Renewed another year of 100/10 for $35 plus tax..My cellphone is also with virgin.

Call was straight forward. I simply tell the CSR I want keep the same credit I had for another year.

Whole process took less than 20 minutes.
Aug 28, 2019
161 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Renewed just before today with 100/10 for 42.5 inclusive of tax.
Mar 25, 2022
5 posts
3 upvotes
pman113 wrote: just called in as an existing customer with 50/10 at $45/m got the 100/10 for $40 for 12 mouths
Just called trying to get this offer... no luck - the best they would do is $20 off - they said the 50% offers are for new activations only
May 5, 2016
485 posts
622 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
belz36 wrote: Just called trying to get this offer... no luck - the best they would do is $20 off - they said the 50% offers are for new activations only
A previous poster in the forum once cancelled their subscription. Called back the next day and got the deal.

Edit:
May be worth a try? I dunno. Your call. Good luck and let us know what happens. Cheers.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12441 posts
2183 upvotes
Anyone getting any deals for renewing? I called and could only get a $15 credit monthly so I put in a cancellation request. Will look for something for next month or hope for a callback with an offer.
Feb 25, 2005
12 posts
1 upvote
Waterloo ON
Any update on your experience? Did cancellation request give you any leverage with Virgin or did you end up going with someone else?
Jun 18, 2013
718 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
My current %50 promo will expire on Jan 4th 2023, I called into support, the gentleman mentioned I did have promo attached to my account to extend the discount for 12 month, but I need to call them back that is closer to the expiration date (e.g. end of December). He also confirmed the promo will not be gone by then, and they cannot apply that now.
May 5, 2016
485 posts
622 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
FatSheep wrote: My current %50 promo will expire on Jan 4th 2023, I called into support, the gentleman mentioned I did have promo attached to my account to extend the discount for 12 month, but I need to call them back that is closer to the expiration date (e.g. end of December). He also confirmed the promo will not be gone by then, and they cannot apply that now.
Thanks for the update! Mines is due up in mid-December.

I really don't want to cancel this rock solid Virgin/Bell FTTH internet. I don't want to go back to cable internet again.

In the last 11 months, I don't think it's been down for more than a few instances of very short duration. The online diagnostic self-help tools are really helpful too. Never even had to call in to speak to an agent! Let's see what Black Friday will bring us this year.