Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Black Friday

iPhone 13 $0 down 24 month 12Gb Promo for $55/month including tab YMMV

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2021 8:39 am
Jr. Member
Jul 28, 2009
194 posts
213 upvotes
YPfailsSW2 wrote: You didn't qualify for the winback from virgin?

Your monthly cost included taxed?
Wait does winback work at third party retailers? I thought it was only at the stores.
Jr. Member
Dec 24, 2015
155 posts
273 upvotes
Burnaby
rafiki6 wrote:
I have Pixel that won't turn on, OnePlus One with semi functional screen, and Nexus 5. Do you think these would qualify for 100? That's the only thing I'm missing thus far in these trade ins.
The IMEI of the phone I turned in (Samsung S10) was printed on the back glass so there was no need to turn on the device.
I'd say that as long as your IMEI is accessible it should not be a problem.
YPfailsSW2 wrote: You didn't qualify for the winback from virgin?

Your monthly cost included taxed?
No, the price is before taxes for plan + phone tab.

I ported from Freedom, not sure if that qualifies for the winback. After using the points (150K + 100K) to reduce tab, the quote I was given for iPhone 13 was $64 for months 1-15 and $74 for months 16-24.
The net difference from the iPhone 12 64GB being approx $504 (21*24).
Newbie
Apr 23, 2007
82 posts
22 upvotes
I was told on the night before black friday they have no iphone 12 or 13 inventory left at TMS in BC. maybe that has changed,
Sr. Member
Aug 17, 2018
920 posts
669 upvotes
rafiki6 wrote: Wait does winback work at third party retailers? I thought it was only at the stores.
Yes it works at everyone thats why you double dip.

rockinggokul wrote: No, the price is before taxes for plan + phone tab.

I ported from Freedom, not sure if that qualifies for the winback. After using the points (150K + 100K) to reduce tab, the quote I was given for iPhone 13 was $64 for months 1-15 and $74 for months 16-24.
The net difference from the iPhone 12 64GB being approx $504 (21*24).
Ah I see I thought you went from virgin to freedom then back to virgin.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1511 posts
1013 upvotes
rockinggokul wrote: The IMEI of the phone I turned in (Samsung S10) was printed on the back glass so there was no need to turn on the device.
I'd say that as long as your IMEI is accessible it should not be a problem.



No, the price is before taxes for plan + phone tab.

I ported from Freedom, not sure if that qualifies for the winback. After using the points (150K + 100K) to reduce tab, the quote I was given for iPhone 13 was $64 for months 1-15 and $74 for months 16-24.
The net difference from the iPhone 12 64GB being approx $504 (21*24).
Why did you change your phone from the s10 to an iPhone 12? It's not a huge upgrade. Only 1-2 years difference between the release dates.
Member
Mar 11, 2020
474 posts
188 upvotes
what's with tab? does that mean you have to return the phone after 24 months?
Sr. Member
Jul 31, 2015
817 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
cream4389 wrote: what's with tab? does that mean you have to return the phone after 24 months?
Tab refers to what you pay for the phone device. It's your share of the cost of the iPhone that you need to pay over 24 months.

You pay this on top of your monthly cell plan.

The reason why Virgin's deal blew up was because people were getting new iPhone 13's at $17.5-$20/month tab; meaning that they technically financed paying a new iPhone 13 over 24 months at a total cost of $420-480 which is a discount of nearly $700 off a new flagship phone. That's in addition to getting $37.5/month or less for 12GB/month (depending on how many additional lines you added).
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1438 posts
620 upvotes
Canada
turtlepower11 wrote: The reason why Virgin's deal blew up was because people were getting new iPhone 13's at $17.5-$20/month tab; meaning that they technically financed paying a new iPhone 13 over 24 months at a total cost of $420-480 which is a discount of nearly $700 off a new flagship phone. That's in addition to getting $37.5/month or less for 12GB/month (depending on how many additional lines you added).
$20/m was pretty much standard offer since the beginning along with the standard $10/m off for 15m plan. It's the $12.5/m for 24m off plan that's the $300 deal - about $189 better, and all of several kiosks I went to refused to give.
Sr. Member
Jul 31, 2015
817 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tntdeal wrote: $20/m was pretty much standard offer since the beginning along with the standard $10/m off for 15m plan. It's the $12.5/m for 24m off plan that's the $300 deal - about $189 better, and all of several kiosks I went to refused to give.
I actually had it the other way around. I felt the dealers were able to give $37.5/month and $32.5month (2nd line) for 24 months easily but took a lot more effort to move them down from the $30/month device cost.
Banned
Jun 14, 2019
270 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
rafiki6 wrote: Wait does winback work at third party retailers? I thought it was only at the stores.
I am sure the way it works is the credit gets put on your account so when you activate it shows up. Regardless of virgin store or TMS, bestbuy mobile or other retailers for virgin
Jr. Member
Dec 24, 2015
155 posts
273 upvotes
Burnaby
CDRoot wrote: Why did you change your phone from the s10 to an iPhone 12? It's not a huge upgrade. Only 1-2 years difference between the release dates.
The screen glass had cracked and the display was toast. Basically unusable unless I got the screen replaced at an additional cost.

PS - I wasn't actively using the phone, it was merely lying around.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1438 posts
620 upvotes
Canada
turtlepower11 wrote: I actually had it the other way around. I felt the dealers were able to give $37.5/month and $32.5month (2nd line) for 24 months easily but took a lot more effort to move them down from the $30/month device cost.
They all gave me 2 reasons for refusing that plan: 1. Only available in GTA (obviously not true). 2. Only for porting in from Rogers/Fido (I wasn't, so couldn't verify).

The $20/m financing was their trying to match with 3rd party retailers like TMS, BB, T-Booth, Wirelesswave, etc. which all gave $2-300 in GC or equivalence.
Newbie
Nov 24, 2018
21 posts
110 upvotes
The deal should be expired but it may come back during the week of boxing day
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2018
593 posts
521 upvotes
II was told by TMS rep that starting Dec 15th, these should be back.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
ankysrulz wrote: II was told by TMS rep that starting Dec 15th, these should be back.
It should be back in Boxing week.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Jr. Member
Jul 28, 2009
194 posts
213 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: It should be back in Boxing week.
Should I wait or just keep and start using IP12 + plan for $55/month? getting a IP13 for only $5 more is really tempting (despite being only a marginal improvement). I just think that phone will retain it's value better.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 13, 2016
1050 posts
667 upvotes
GTA
rafiki6 wrote: Should I wait or just keep and start using IP12 + plan for $55/month? getting a IP13 for only $5 more is really tempting (despite being only a marginal improvement). I just think that phone will retain it's value better.
Depends what you wants? $5 différents take the 13.
DakilangMangingibig
Sr. Member
Mar 12, 2013
625 posts
305 upvotes
YEG
scieguy wrote: Since you ported over from Rogers, you might get a winback call from them. I ported one line from Rogers yesterday for the $55 per month iPhone 13 128GB plan. Got a call from Rogers today.
They offered $35 per month 12GB plan (stays the same after 2 years), $30 per month for iPhone 13 with $300 credit. That comes out to be slightly better deal than $55 iPhone 13 deal from Virgin.
I did not accept it as I have extra $5 off for adding the line in virgin (so my plan for iPhone 13 is $50 per month all in). But for a single line, Rogers winback will be $2.5 cheaper.

You can also try to chat with Rogers and ask them about Winback I guess. Not sure if that is going to work though. And I have heard that $300 credit from Rogers is YMMV.

Even otherwise the deal you have got is not bad.
recently ported out of rogers to virgin and today i got the winback deal.

They offered
$47.29 per month for iPhone 13 128 gb with $300 credit.
(or)
$60.17 per month for iPhone 13 pro 128 gb with $300 credit.
(or)
$54 per month for iPhone 12 pro 128 gb with $300 credit.



Option 1
$35 per month 12GB plan (plan changes to $40 after 2 years ),
Option 2
$45 per month 25GB plan


Doesn't seems like promising to me as rogers increased the price

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)