Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Lucky Mobile to Virgin migration plan 30$/4gb and more

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2022 8:17 pm
Nov 27, 2014
19 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
wanton007 wrote: I tried this at the start of the school year and it was a nightmare. After confirming with the rep this plan was still available, I went ahead and got a Lucky Mobile sim, activated and then a week later did the port when the sim card arrived. The rep said that for some reason that they couldn't put me on that plan and that he would escalate and not too worry.

A few days later, I get an email from Virgin Mobile with a new service agreement for $30 plan with 1GB of data. I immediately call them and after a couple of hours, it appears that this Lucky to VM port required the purchase of a phone on Sweet Pay. Nothing in the documentation says this as we can all see and they asked if I'd like to purchase a phone. I say no, when I called about this originally, there was no mention of this requirement and I don't need a phone (even with the cheapest at $8 / month). I say, the rep when I called in originally also said she could give me $41.25 / 4gb of data with a $10 discount per month for 2 years if I didn't want to do the Lucky port, so I said put me on that then. Person says, okay, I'll do that, don't worry and we hang up.

A few days later, I get a new service agreement in an email for the $41.25 plan with no $10 / discount. I call again, and spend another 3 hours on the phone with at least 5 different departments (one of which was the fraud department and they questioned why I would have even been forwarded to them. The last rep I talked to clearly understood the situation and it's been "escalated" and has been 2 weeks now. Called again yesterday and the rep said, someone made an adjustment and it should be reflected on your upcoming October bill and not to worry. There is a $10 monthly discount on the plan for 12 months. At this point, I didn't even want to bother arguing 12 months vs 24 months. I just want my the bloody discount.

I have 3 lines with VM now and if this doesn't shake out, I'm going to port at least 2 lines out and when the new line hits the 3 month mark, I'm going to port that one out.

Dealing with VM has been a nightmare here. Is there a way for me to contact the CRTC with this to have them do this properly?
I was attracted to that same plan and guess what, they conveniently forgot to add any data to the plan.
After I contacted CCTS, they corrected their convenient mistake the next day.
I'd suggest always contact CCTS when there's an mobile plan issue, it's much more effective than trying to contact the provider.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1906 upvotes
Moon
Anyone else on this plan got bumped to $36/4GBs? Gonna go call get my credit then move to phonebox.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1189 posts
225 upvotes
rolandluo wrote: I was attracted to that same plan and guess what, they conveniently forgot to add any data to the plan.
After I contacted CCTS, they corrected their convenient mistake the next day.
I'd suggest always contact CCTS when there's an mobile plan issue, it's much more effective than trying to contact the provider.
I hope to hear back soon then! Did you have to buy a phone to get on that plan too?
Sep 17, 2018
812 posts
1183 upvotes
BF No Where
Public Mobile has a couple of promotions on now which will give new customers 3GB for $21.25 for 12 months.

It's posted in RFD;

Public Mobile 2GB bonus ($25+ plans), 3X reward, (new subscribers, 12 months), $5 SIM cards, $25 referral bonus You can leave at anytime you find a better deal that meets your needs.

I'd trade it all for a little more.
Nov 27, 2014
19 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
wanton007 wrote: I hope to hear back soon then! Did you have to buy a phone to get on that plan too?
nope, i have my own phone
Jun 13, 2020
56 posts
85 upvotes
Tried to get this plan last month but was told it's not available. Chat said call the number and when you call the number they said contact the chat. Wasted money on the lucky mobile sim and plan. First they said you can get it after $35 days so I had to buy the plan for two months.
Oct 25, 2009
997 posts
1331 upvotes
Have this plan, after about a year they increased it to $33 which is still very good imo...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2757 posts
2698 upvotes
BestRayte wrote: Personally, I learn a great deal reading about others' experiences with the carriers, and people in general, to know if the future or current relationship is worthwhile continuing or undertaking. I realize that most have these low ratings, Lucky included.
https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/www.luckymobile.ca
I think most of us just have a problem with trusting trust pilot for anything.

I mean, costco, a place that would probably let you return used toilet paper, has a rating of 1.7.