-Included Anytime Minutes : UNLIMITED
-Unlimited Evening & Weekends : UNLIMITED
-Unlimited Incoming Calls
-Canada-Wide Calling Included
-Unlimited Incoming Text
-Unlimited Text
-Voicemail & Call Display
-Data : 5 GB

Also Bring your own phone and get 10% off your monthly plan. Not the best plans but certainly better than what we had before. Also, I apologize if this is a repost.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2187 posts
410 upvotes
Not bad I'd say. Equivalent to what I was offered by retentions so it's alright.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2494 posts
415 upvotes
Montreal
If I were in Manitoba or Saskatchewan I'd be signed up yesterday ;) Maybe Verizon turn it from a regional offer :)
Jan 3, 2013
635 posts
252 upvotes
Winnipeg
Great deal but ***** coverage as they use the telus/bell network. It's sad to see whs become of cell phone pricing since August 9th. That's a date many people holding forget about.
[OP]
May 6, 2012
21 posts
13 upvotes
Winnipeg
zeon64 wrote: Great deal but ***** coverage as they use the telus/bell network. It's sad to see whs become of cell phone pricing since August 9th. That's a date many people holding forget about.
Hopefully Fido will come up with a similar or somewhat better promotion.
Oct 24, 2006
222 posts
488 upvotes
Regina
SaskTel has an even better deal for $65. Comes with unlimited data, unlimited texting/mms anywhere in canada and US, and 150 minutes in canada to anywhere in Canada or US.
Oct 24, 2006
222 posts
488 upvotes
Regina
And if you're a student, you get an additional $5 off - so $60 for all that.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1249 posts
562 upvotes
Sasktel is great for heavy data users but those who travel a lot can get caught on the voice side. All calls out of the local area are considered long distance. I'm on Telus, my wife on Sasktel. If we're travelling we use my phone for calls. If we're in Calgary and phone for a dinner reservation, it's considered a call from home on Sasktel. For Telus, its just a call across town. As mentioned, there is a plan with some long distance minutes, but most plans don't include them and heavy voice users are better off with Telus/Bell and affiliates. (Rogers coverage is very poor here). The 2 plans mentioned are good deals. For some reason, we seem to get access to better than average plans from the majors. Of course, we don't have Mobilicity et al here for the truly hot deals.
Jan 13, 2013
243 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
Fair For Manitoba/Saskatchewan
Manitoba/Saskatchewan Play Fair
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1546 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
Patiently waiting for this to come to Toronto.
Dec 15, 2012
97 posts
22 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ehh, Rogers is offering 5GB and 400 minutes for $60 in Manitoba, it's a way better deal for Manitobans if you don't need unlimited minutes because Rogers has way better coverage than Virgin Mobile, not to mention LTE.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4180 posts
3138 upvotes
Ontario
TruBrush wrote: Patiently waiting for this to come to Toronto.
Wait what? I hope you are not new.. None of this will ever be coming to Toronto or Ontario period. Many other provinces get better deals then Ontario. It's based on many factors like what people are willing to pay and you are willing to pay a lot. Just like food/supplies shipped from the states. It's not because of shipping it's plain and simple you are willing to pay more.
---
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1546 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
kanechart wrote: Wait what? I hope you are not new.. None of this will ever be coming to Toronto or Ontario period. Many other provinces get better deals then Ontario. It's based on many factors like what people are willing to pay and you are willing to pay a lot. Just like food/supplies shipped from the states. It's not because of shipping it's plain and simple you are willing to pay more.
We had this plan on Koodo last summer.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2494 posts
415 upvotes
Montreal
TruBrush wrote: We had this plan on Koodo last summer.
It wasn't a plan you could get a full subsidy on, and it wasn't unlimited minutes.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1217 posts
571 upvotes
Oakville
Didn't Manitoba Virgin have this originally for 50 then 60. And now bumped to 65? With the 50 and 60 plan it came with 6gb and unlimited text to US. So they dropped 1gb and texting to US and up the price $15 in a month
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4810 posts
1266 upvotes
Regina
Telus SK has this on for $60, unlimited anywhere and 5gb
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2869 posts
373 upvotes
This isn't a hot deal.

Telus and Bell were both offering this plan just a couple of months ago in MB. They only stopped now because the Big 3 are now trying to copycat Verizon's plans before Verizon launches.

I bet they'll bring them back before too long because MB isn't a market that is looking for device sharing data plans.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23680 posts
12894 upvotes
Toronto
TruBrush wrote: Patiently waiting for this to come to Toronto.
It ain't ever gonna happen, so don't hold your breath. As @zeon64 noted, the coverage is horrible. These low prices are in line with the crap service. I am traveling in the prairies on a koodo plan. The phone works great if I am standing in the middle of an open street with the phone held up in the air. I am going to temper my criticism of wind and mobilicity coverage when I get back home from now on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)