Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile, The Mobile shop

iPhone 12 , 64 GB ~$130 all in (Toronto). Retention Deal

Jul 24, 2010
118 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto

iPhone 12 , 64 GB ~$130 all in (Toronto). Retention Deal

Retailer:
Virgin Mobile, The Mobile shop
HI RFDers,

This is very specific to exiting Virgin Mobile customers.
I ported my number from Virgin to Fido and got a a call from Win Back team in 2 days.

They offers additional $400 device credit on top of any deal that was being offered on web site.
The credit could be applied any device, does not have to be iPhone 12.

Here is the break down:
iPhone 12 64 GB Retail Price : $1164
Regular discount on Virgin webpage: -$384
Additional win back offer device credit: -$400
Finance Amount ; $380
Add tax
Total Finance Amount : $429.40

Stackable offers:
Mobile Shop PC point offer : $250
I pushed the retention team for more credit and was offered $100 bill credit but I did end paying $50 activation fee to Fido for porting to them for 2 days ( and since the a/c is now cancelled, I will not get that refunded)

So math is
Total Finance Cost = $429.40
PC Points : -$250
Virgin additional bill credit -$100
Fido activation fee +$50
Net cost =$129.40

Note you can also return an old phone to get additional $100 in points and bring down your cost to $30

Plus Mobile Shop also offer $100 additional credit for accessories,

Happy shopping
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
That offer is in your account only! Not for the public.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Nov 15, 2017
213 posts
384 upvotes
How did you stack win back with TMS? I thought you need to go to a TMS store to get an offer, but winback is totally by phone call?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1311 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I always wondered, do they keep calling if you didn’t answer the first time? I always wanted to try to port out, but my work implies that I can’t answer my phone for long periods of times. Like I could be unavailable for 3-5 hours at times after which I check my phone. If you miss their initial call, is it gone forever lol?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
xsx107 wrote: How did you stack win back with TMS? I thought you need to go to a TMS store to get an offer, but winback is totally by phone call?
When I was with VirginMobile all loyalty offer to me done online. Now Im with freedom the 1 times I received loyalty offer I did it at TMS.
Oct 6, 2007
306 posts
94 upvotes
Vaughan
xsx107 wrote: How did you stack win back with TMS? I thought you need to go to a TMS store to get an offer, but winback is totally by phone call?
So you just have to get the deal from virgin, sign up at tms and virgin will apply the $400 credit?

Did the plan have to be $45+?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
shopping_princess wrote: So you just have to get the deal from virgin, sign up at tms and virgin will apply the $400 credit?

Did the plan have to be $45+?
May be the OP did is:
He accepted the loyalty offer once the offer kick in he went to TMS to get the HUP and all the goodies 250 pc point 100 trade in 100 accessories. And called virgin if the 400 device credit still active.
Dec 24, 2020
22 posts
16 upvotes
what is the monthly rate plan you got with this offer?
Jul 24, 2010
118 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
The retention team ported my number back from Fido to Virgin and put a $400 device credit on account and told me that I can I get any phone from Virgin store.
I ended up going to TMS and they were able to give me the phone and stack PCO points on it as well

The TMS manager did say that this was very rare and he has not see this kind of deal before

Why the down votes?
Sep 16, 2013
251 posts
516 upvotes
Calgary
watul wrote: The retention team ported my number back from Fido to Virgin and put a $400 device credit on account and told me that I can I get any phone from Virgin store.
I ended up going to TMS and they were able to give me the phone and stack PCO points on it as well

The TMS manager did say that this was very rare and he has not see this kind of deal before

Why the down votes?
I'm with ya on this....I got a winback offer as well after switching over to Koodo for a week.

Winback Details
- $400 device credit on account
- All Virign activation fees waved
- $60 bill credit to cover the activation fee when I moved to Koodo (I didnt actually pay an activation fee, but the winback rep offered it without even asking me)
- $50/10gb with a $5 discount for 24 months = $45/mo. Tried to push down to $40/mo, but that would cut the data down to 3gb. Overall not the greatest, but plenty of data for me and the overall deal with the device credit more than make up for it.

Instore
- iPhone 12 128gb Black
- 250K PCO on an iPhone 12 128gb - Which can be applied as a down payment
- $100 instore credit towards accessories (I had to trade in an old candybar nokia phone and sign up for the device protection which I can cancel after 1 month)

Total Cost
$1236 - Virgin Plus Retail Price
- $384 Virgin credit
- $400 Winback Device credit (16.67/mo)
- $240 PCO applied (for some reason, they said it has to be applied the in 60K increments)
--------------------------
$212 + GST (AB)
$222.60
---------------------
$9.57/mo Net cost out of pocket
Mar 19, 2021
20 posts
7 upvotes
GuchSingh wrote: I'm with ya on this....I got a winback offer as well after switching over to Koodo for a week.

Winback Details
- $400 device credit on account
- All Virign activation fees waved
- $60 bill credit to cover the activation fee when I moved to Koodo (I didnt actually pay an activation fee, but the winback rep offered it without even asking me)
- $50/10gb with a $5 discount for 24 months = $45/mo. Tried to push down to $40/mo, but that would cut the data down to 3gb. Overall not the greatest, but plenty of data for me and the overall deal with the device credit more than make up for it.

Instore
- iPhone 12 128gb Black
- 250K PCO on an iPhone 12 128gb - Which can be applied as a down payment
- $100 instore credit towards accessories (I had to trade in an old candybar nokia phone and sign up for the device protection which I can cancel after 1 month)

Total Cost
$1236 - Virgin Plus Retail Price
- $384 Virgin credit
- $400 Winback Device credit (16.67/mo)
- $240 PCO applied (for some reason, they said it has to be applied the in 60K increments)
$212 + GST (AB)
$222.60
---------------------
$9.57/mo Net cost out of pocket
This is an insane deal imo WTH FireFire
Atleast for your case where you are okay with less data but got an awesome phone deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)