Cell Phones

Virgin Mobile Plans are not grandfathered?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2016 11:08 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes

Virgin Mobile Plans are not grandfathered?

Hey guise, I'm on a M2M plan and they've decided to increase the price of my plan $3. Is this legit? I thought they were supposed to be grandfathered unless you switch out?
24 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
They can do what ever they want if you are on M2M.... No contract means they have the power to increase rates at anytime
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
shushwap wrote: They can do what ever they want if you are on M2M.... No contract means they have the power to increase rates at anytime
I thought they were supposed to at least give you a heads up? I had no notifications via email, text nor was it on my bill. :|
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3885 posts
666 upvotes
You can try calling them... I doubt it will do much good... I would still call !!
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
jlevent wrote: What plan do you have?
$25 Silver plan. 200mins, 6pm, unlimited text, cid. No data though.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1703 posts
814 upvotes
Mississauga
Had a sim-only account with them a few months ago, glad I switched it to an identical one on koodo.

Have another account on their previous M2M Tab plan.. wonder if this applies to that too. That document says sim-only, but I'm not on a contract just a tab. I guess I'll wait until the next bill and then port out if there's an increase.

Poor move from virgin. Its not as if those plans were super hot to begin with..
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
It's terrible moves like this that make me glad I'm not a Bell customer anymore and doesn't make me want to ever go back.
Nov 30, 2010
226 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
wonder why Silver 39 is the only rate hike starting in May, all the others start in April.

will other m2m change too? I got my plan before the Platinum, Gold, Silver plans *crossfingers*

hackoder wrote: Had a sim-only account with them a few months ago, glad I switched it to an identical one on koodo.

Have another account on their previous M2M Tab plan.. wonder if this applies to that too. That document says sim-only, but I'm not on a contract just a tab. I guess I'll wait until the next bill and then port out if there's an increase.

Poor move from virgin. Its not as if those plans were super hot to begin with..
If you're on tab it has a phone so you're not sim only. at least that's my interpretation
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
yeah, i have the same plan as you and i chatted with one of their CS.

she credited me back the 3 dollars (as a courtesy) but ill be paying that 3 dollar increase from now on haha.

ill be moving on from Virgin.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: yeah, i have the same plan as you and i chatted with one of their CS.

she credited me back the 3 dollars (as a courtesy) but ill be paying that 3 dollar increase from now on haha.

ill be moving on from Virgin.
Any ideas where? I'm planning on porting to Fido. At least they have retention and credits.
Sep 30, 2013
47 posts
2 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Check out BMO talk and earn. You can get 300 minutes, unlimited text, voicemail, etc for 25/month. They run off of rogers so you'll get good coverage.

To get double minutes, you have to sign a 2 year contract, but you can opt to not take a phone and your cancelation fee will be $0 if you cancel before.

If you're interested let me know, I can give you my number and you'll get a $25 referral credit.
Apr 3, 2006
808 posts
468 upvotes
Sigh I just switched to Virgin mobile about two months ago and just saw the price increase. Do all the big three telecoms do this? Has Koodo or Fido done this before too?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
I'm on the $20 Silver Virgin plan from awhile ago, still on tab though. No changes here, yet.
Nov 30, 2010
226 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
jlevent wrote: Check out BMO talk and earn. You can get 300 minutes, unlimited text, voicemail, etc for 25/month. They run off of rogers so you'll get good coverage.

To get double minutes, you have to sign a 2 year contract, but you can opt to not take a phone and your cancelation fee will be $0 if you cancel before.

If you're interested let me know, I can give you my number and you'll get a $25 referral credit.

woah BMO is a vmno now too? since when?
Sep 30, 2013
47 posts
2 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Its run by Cityfone, which is owned by Rogers

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)