Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Port lucky moble to Virgin-4gb byod for 30$ +1000 intl minutes(ymmv)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2022 4:18 am
Oct 25, 2009
999 posts
1333 upvotes
did this few days ago, easy switch, thanks op
Nov 20, 2019
16 posts
15 upvotes
Am literally in the process of switching.
Called up a few mins ago, they checked my number, asked which plan, and I asked if they can waive the port fee and add 1000 mins, and they said yes right off the bat.
Currently getting a sim sent.

One thing to note that the op told me is that I will get an email with incorrect plan pricing for the plan I have chosen, as this is applied from a different department and not just readily available.
Dec 1, 2019
5 posts
5 upvotes
Good deal. I got something similar through Freedom yesterday.

$25 for 3 GB and 1000 LDM. Everyone is eligible (don’t have to port from lucky),
Jul 23, 2013
60 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
How did you get the freedom deal? Through chat? I don't see it posted.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
8124 posts
2080 upvotes
Ottawa
I’m on the legacy public mobile plan. I wouldn’t mind trying a lucky plan just so I can get the virgin offer. Can I do this with a new number then do a final number port once I’m at virgin?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5109 posts
843 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any expiry date on this particular deal?

TIA
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Jan 27, 2017
94 posts
24 upvotes
Called and successfully got the deal, the agent asked me how I got to know about the deal and I said RedFlagDeals :). It’s a Byod deal and $30 for 4 gb data and 1000 international minutes
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8764 posts
2394 upvotes
Anyone get a phone? I dont mind pairing it with a nexus 4a
Sep 21, 2020
203 posts
194 upvotes
They just rose my plan 5 bucks. I've been with them for 2 years, is there any way I can get any of these deals or get a discount?
Apr 16, 2019
576 posts
682 upvotes
mmartins25 wrote: They just rose my plan 5 bucks. I've been with them for 2 years, is there any way I can get any of these deals or get a discount?
If you have WiFi calling on your phone (as freedom reception at home is unpredictable until you try it out) and you can risk it, switch to freedom. Best case they will call you with a good win back offer.
Worse case, don't use too many minutes and ask for a refund from Freedom (if you don't like their service) and switch to Fido at a store as you can ask for a $100 bill credit...
Apr 16, 2019
576 posts
682 upvotes
mmartins25 wrote: They just rose my plan 5 bucks. I've been with them for 2 years, is there any way I can get any of these deals or get a discount?
If you have WiFi calling on your phone (as freedom reception at home is unpredictable until you try it out) and you can risk it, switch to freedom. Best case they will call you with a good win back offer.
Worse case, don't use too many minutes and ask for a refund from Freedom (if you don't like their service) and switch to Fido at a store as you can ask for a $100 bill credit...
Sep 21, 2020
203 posts
194 upvotes
iMarketing wrote: If you have WiFi calling on your phone (as freedom reception at home is unpredictable until you try it out) and you can risk it, switch to freedom. Best case they will call you with a good win back offer.
Yeah I may try to do that. Was paying 42 bucks for 6GB but now it's close to 50 since the last rise. Quite annoying to see how new clients get good deals and the current ones not just not maintain their prices but increase them.
Nov 20, 2019
16 posts
15 upvotes
grunge wrote: Am literally in the process of switching.
Called up a few mins ago, they checked my number, asked which plan, and I asked if they can waive the port fee and add 1000 mins, and they said yes right off the bat.
Currently getting a sim sent.

One thing to note that the op told me is that I will get an email with incorrect plan pricing for the plan I have chosen, as this is applied from a different department and not just readily available.
Just a quick update on my post: So port went relatively well, if you count me having to call twice -- I had an agent that was super strict took quite a while and asked to call back as they can't port off the same number I called from, and the second agent was quick and easy, when I called back off my wife's phone.

I called back a few days later to check in on my international minutes, and this is where I hit a snag: when I got through to the agent, they said they couldn't give me the international minutes as they are not able to unlock international calling, as I have a $200 bill limit.
I assume this is because I just joined into post paid (I've always had pre-paid) and my credit score didn't allow it.
They did say to call back in 6 months time after paying my bill consistently and they will be able to take it of and add the 1000 international minutes.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there any work arounds or do I have to just bite the bullet and wait 6 months....?
Nov 14, 2014
615 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Anyone know when this plan is supposed to end? Any luck migrating to this plan from Public?
Feb 16, 2003
509 posts
94 upvotes
whyami wrote: Anyone know when this plan is supposed to end? Any luck migrating to this plan from Public?
If you click on the link in the first page, it still takes you to the offer. My guess is, this is still good, but not sure until when. You have to switch to Lucky for 1 month before you can call in and get the deal. Since both Lucky and Virgin have the same parent company (Bell), they can check and see how long you've been with Lucky for before they approve of your port.
Nov 14, 2014
615 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
atl5 wrote: If you click on the link in the first page, it still takes you to the offer. My guess is, this is still good, but not sure until when. You have to switch to Lucky for 1 month before you can call in and get the deal. Since both Lucky and Virgin have the same parent company (Bell), they can check and see how long you've been with Lucky for before they approve of your port.
Thanks.

Lucky mobile SIM is just 5$ right now, if you order online. Ordered one. Hope they have this plan for another month.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1743 posts
1103 upvotes
GTA
Is this deal still working? I notice it's in the expired deals section, but the website is still active: https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offe ... rovince=ON and I don't see an expiration date on the site. I don't care about the 1000 min LD, just the 4GB for $30.

If I was to start the process today, do you think it will still be around in 35 days?
Sep 8, 2013
658 posts
241 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
kasm wrote: Is this deal still working? I notice it's in the expired deals section, but the website is still active: https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offe ... rovince=ON and I don't see an expiration date on the site. I don't care about the 1000 min LD, just the 4GB for $30.

If I was to start the process today, do you think it will still be around in 35 days?
I just called in today, gave them my Lucky number and they were able to see the $30/4gb plan.

However, when I activated my Lucky Mobile account I used a random number they provided for the line, because I was still using my actual number with a different carrier.

I asked if I could perform the migration from Lucky to Virgin Mobile, and then bring over my primary (actual number), and they said I could not do that, or may have to at least wait 90 days to make the change.

Not sure if others have had luck being able to bring over their actual number rather than the dummy number used for the initial month of Lucky service.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1743 posts
1103 upvotes
GTA
TheGivingTree wrote: I just called in today, gave them my Lucky number and they were able to see the $30/4gb plan.

However, when I activated my Lucky Mobile account I used a random number they provided for the line, because I was still using my actual number with a different carrier.

I asked if I could perform the migration from Lucky to Virgin Mobile, and then bring over my primary (actual number), and they said I could not do that, or may have to at least wait 90 days to make the change.

Not sure if others have had luck being able to bring over their actual number rather than the dummy number used for the initial month of Lucky service.
Can you port your original number to lucky first?