Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Port lucky moble to Virgin-4gb byod for 30$ +1000 intl minutes(ymmv)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2022 4:18 am
Sep 8, 2013
658 posts
241 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
kasm wrote: Can you port your original number to lucky first?
Not sure, I thought I read somewhere that for Lucky, your number needed to be ported at the time of activation.

I read something in the other Lucky migration thread referenced on the first page of this one. When they decided to accept the Bell migration offer from lucky, seems they were sent a SIM to be activated when they received it. Then what they did when they received the SIM was port their main phone number when speaking with the agent during activation.

I'll end up trying this when my tab with Freedom is paid off in about 2.5 weeks

virgin-mobile-40-6gb-unl-talk-text-45-6 ... #p32971204
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1741 posts
1093 upvotes
GTA
No need to wait 30 days! Also it's not an expired deal - it still works. I just did 3 plans this week for my family members.

I was able to migrate my Fido number to Lucky and then to Virgin about an hour later.
I was also able to migrate another number from Bell to Lucky then to Virgin about an hour later.

Bell to Lucky was easier because it's all the same company. Fido was also relatively easy, just needed to acknowledge a text and wait a bit longer (30 mins vs 5mins).

I don't know why this deal isn't talked about more. 4GB for $30 is perfect for me and my family.

1) Pick up a Lucky prepaid card at Dollarama for $4
2) Go home and activate online at http://luckmobile.ca/activate . You can either port your existing number now or get a random number and port your number later by calling in. Just add a $15 dollar plan, I chose 100 minutes, no data. It doesn't matter.
3) Call up Virgin mobile and ask about the deal (https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offe ... offer.html) - no need to wait. Sometimes they will look up your account and say they can't see any offer (typically need to wait 30 days to have them show up), but others will just add the promo. If they can't, call back and try another rep. They will have to put you on a temporary plan - usually $45 / 6GB and fix it later because it's less than 30 days.
4) You will get a bunch (4) of emails, confirming the order, providing an agreement, stating your sim is on the way, and confirming the plan was changed to the correct $30 / 4GB. If you don't get the 4th email of the correct plan change, don't worry you can get them to fix it when you activate and transfer your Lucky number.
5) Wait a couple of days for your sim to arrive.
6) If you haven't done so already, call up Lucky and port your existing number to Lucky, unless you want to keep the Lucky number.
7) When your Sim arrives, call 1-866-797-3941 to activate. Port your Lucky number to Virgin Mobile. NOTE: This plan only allows you to port a Lucky number. If you have an external number, go to step 6. If your plan is not correct, they can correct it now. One of the reps said the Virgin plan needs to be activated before they correct the plan, but on another line, they did it automatically in step 4.
8) Enjoy your new plan.

When I signed up, I didn't get the $1000 LD minutes, but I didn't care or ask for it. I did get the $45 activation fee waived and the SIM car fee waived without asking.
Sep 8, 2013
658 posts
241 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Would the $45 activation fee apply at step 3 or step 7?

Also, are all these lines under one account? Were you able to take advantage of any multi-line discounts (like $5 off)? Since it's not an in-market plan I don't think you would.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1741 posts
1093 upvotes
GTA
TheGivingTree wrote: Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Would the $45 activation fee apply at step 3 or step 7?

Also, are all these lines under one account? Were you able to take advantage of any multi-line discounts (like $5 off)? Since it's not an in-market plan I don't think you would.
I set up 3 lines. In all cases I had the $45 activation fee waived automatically in step 7. It was listed as "Conn. charge waived 1st/2nd bill" in the add-on Promotional section for my service.

All 3 are under one account. I didn't bother asking for a multi-line discount as I felt it was already a great deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1284 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone one know if this still works? I want to move from Public Mobile to Virgin via Lucky.
Also is this 4G of LTE data? not 3G data? Also does Virgin 4g plan support volte and wifi calling?
thanks
Apr 26, 2012
23 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to get a financed phone with gift cards at BB/TMS/WM when switching to one of these migration plans? I chatted with Virgin online twice and no one will give me a straight answer.
I need a new phone and don't want to sign up with Lucky if you can't get one during migration to Virgin.
Thanks!