Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile promo plans $39 600mb | $50 1gb | $60 2gb back on

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2014 8:21 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12441 posts
2183 upvotes
bokep wrote: I'd just wait for back-to-school deals. Given the popularity of the $39 plan they'll likely bring them back. If not I'm sure there will be similar deals.
Rumor has it the deals will be a lot worse this year. My opinion, get the plan now, I think back to school deals will be bunk this year. However for that one guy, yeah, I wouldn't pay a big ECF fee for one month...
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12441 posts
2183 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Um the $39 plan has always been around.. Not sure about $50 and $60 though.

Just want to double check over here in this thread. I have a contract with Rogers that ends on August 22. I was told that if I give my 30 day cancellation notice, my services and number will terminate after 30 days so I can't keep my number. If I port now, I'm subject to a $125 ECF. Is it possible for me to get the Virgin $39 plan now, then port over my existing number on August 23? It doesn't make much sense to pay $125 ECF when the contract ends in under a month. But if I wait it out, I'll be gouged pretty hard by the robbers.
Actually a few days ago, the $39 plan was over at virgin. Well, it was there, but the data was only 200mb. I was going to sign up with them a couple days ago but I just missed the "double the data" promo. Now its back.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2565 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
bokep wrote: I'd just wait for back-to-school deals. Given the popularity of the $39 plan they'll likely bring them back. If not I'm sure there will be similar deals.
They might have the same deal... though I'd bet at $44
Sep 8, 2011
47 posts
4 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
I'm looking to switch over as well... Currently on Rogers.

Anyone know how well the coverage is with Virgin, compared to Rogers? I'm from GTA... Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
ClukCluk wrote: I'm looking to switch over as well... Currently on Rogers.

Anyone know how well the coverage is with Virgin, compared to Rogers? I'm from GTA... Thanks!
Rogers/Fido are better in the GTA. Especially when you're underground or in bad coverage areas, the 2G network is available compared to none on others.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
17199 posts
7084 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
RamR wrote: I spoke to someone at Virgin on the phone today and they said that you just have to sign up before Aug 1 and then you have 30 days to activate the account.
What? How does that work?
slowtyper wrote: Rumor has it the deals will be a lot worse this year. My opinion, get the plan now, I think back to school deals will be bunk this year. However for that one guy, yeah, I wouldn't pay a big ECF fee for one month...
Ya I personally wouldn't either. But when they're stubborn, what can you do?
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Dec 27, 2007
105 posts
6 upvotes
geokilla wrote: What? How does that work?
That's what they told me when I was talking to them... give them a call and see what they say.
Jul 23, 2013
34 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener
This aint the deal. Pay as you go data is 30$ for 3gb. When new iphone comes out, then it will be 30$ 6gb. W/e
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
bokep wrote: Speaking of 6GB of data, what do you guys use your phones for to use up that much data? Hotspot for computer at home?

Not trying to dis anyone, genuinely interested.

When I had unlimited data with Wind I barely went over 1GB a month, and that was with downloading all apps and updates through the cell network. I don't do that anymore with Fido's $39 plan (600MB), but even last month I didn't go over 500MB, and I do quite a bit of browsing and Google Maps. At home I connect to my wi-fi though.
I use my 6gb for youtube and mobile hotsopt while where outside we connect ipod tablet and iphone
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2565 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
czar4you wrote: This aint the deal. Pay as you go data is 30$ for 3gb. When new iphone comes out, then it will be 30$ 6gb. W/e
Koodo got rid of their $30 3gb Flex data... Virgin tends to follow their lead. Also keep in mind there is no Voice Plan for $30 as featured filled as this (as in unlimited).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
zod wrote: Tech sort of goes down, but it's because it gets old and obsolete, then it get's replace with something new and better that costs more.

Phone plans are more like service fees, and services fees don't ever go down.
If you mean canada, probably. Just check what happened in Europe or most Asian countries(like the dragons). Even the nominal value dropped A LOT.
Sep 12, 2002
344 posts
415 upvotes
Canada
I'm currently with Virgin. Anybody can tell me if I can switch my contract to gold 60?

I currently have Smartphone Combo 55 + Bundle $10

Which I think it's a rip-off.

EDIT : just checked : http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/change-plans.html and it's not possible.

I might going to change provider sooner than expected.
Dec 27, 2007
105 posts
6 upvotes
Aside from being unable to switch plans, how have you found Virgin?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3898 posts
2322 upvotes
Halifax
RamR wrote: Aside from being unable to switch plans, how have you found Virgin?
I am soon to be an ex Virgin customer, but that is because they would not meet or beat Fido. So buh bye Virgin, and hello Fido!

As for the service, I never had any real issues with it, other than an annoying message saying every call was a long distance call, even though my plan covered long distance calls. The web site is a bit of a disaster area, but you eventually get around. Most of the Virgin CSR's were pretty good, though you did run into the odd slimeball.
Jan 29, 2013
86 posts
11 upvotes
bridonca wrote: I am soon to be an ex Virgin customer, but that is because they would not meet or beat Fido. So buh bye Virgin, and hello Fido!

As for the service, I never had any real issues with it, other than an annoying message saying every call was a long distance call, even though my plan covered long distance calls. The web site is a bit of a disaster area, but you eventually get around. Most of the Virgin CSR's were pretty good, though you did run into the odd slimeball.
How did Fido beat Virgin?

I'm interested as I am coming to the end of my contract with Telus and am trying to shop around to Fido/Virgin/Koodoo to see who provides the best/cheapest MTM for my Iphone 4.
Jan 21, 2006
62 posts
7 upvotes
London
bridonca wrote: other than an annoying message saying every call was a long distance call, even though my plan covered long distance calls
From my experience, you only get that warning if you make a long distance call without dialing a 1 first. Just enter a 1 before all the numbers in your contacts and you should be set.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2012
1794 posts
317 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
bokep wrote: Prices go up and down all the time.
mrblack747 wrote: you are WRONG.... tech will will always go down in long term.
i'm waiting for better deals.
Have you guys not heard that the contracts will be a maximum of 2 years in Canada? Prices are already starting to rise fast.
Make sure you get a plan ASAP.

And this isn't a tech product, this is a service. Even if there are deals here and there, prices usually go up a little.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
RamR wrote: Aside from being unable to switch plans, how have you found Virgin?
I've been with them for 3 years now, customer service is very good, reception, as good as Bell gets (which means not as good as Rogers). Data is fast enough.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3898 posts
2322 upvotes
Halifax
Briightside wrote: How did Fido beat Virgin?

I'm interested as I am coming to the end of my contract with Telus and am trying to shop around to Fido/Virgin/Koodoo to see who provides the best/cheapest MTM for my Iphone 4.
In Atlantic Canada, Fido is offering a $10 discount on all their plans, at least until July 29th. So their $25 plan is $15. I gave Virgin a month to decide what to do, and they decided to do nothing. The last Virgin retention person I talked to was an absolute slimeball, spewing crap that I cannot port my number over, and junk like that. Think of the cars sales man in Fargo where he had to talk to his manager. Same situation. This will probably not help you though.

I think I would stick with Telus, and switch over to a flex tablet plan, and get Skype, Fongo, and text plus to cake care of your Voice and Texting. You can get 1 GB for $20, or if you go over, 3 GB for $35, or 5 GB $50 just make sure you program the correct APN, or you get charged through the nose.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6180 posts
640 upvotes
Quebec
virgin website ordering is full of fail; out of stock phones not indicated as such until checkout, when you select the 25$ silverplan it says pick a feature, what feature where!