Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile promo plans $39 600mb | $50 1gb | $60 2gb back on

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2014 8:21 am
Tags:
None
Member
Oct 12, 2005
300 posts
64 upvotes
Edmonton
would a Bell iphone 4 work on the Virgin network?
Newbie
Apr 10, 2012
73 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
bevb20 wrote: it would be nice if the phones worked everywhere. I have no cell coverage 30 min outside the city. But I have great service and super coverage within the city.
I just switched over to virgin from rogers and I get great reception 30 mins outside the city. Virgin is basically Bell and have a big enough network just as Rogers. In the city I actual find reception equal to Rogers. I actually can hold a signal and conversation in the elevator where as Rogers would drop. But every spot throughout the city is different.

So far I'm happy with Virgin.

Rogers wouldn't renew my 6GB plan through retentions and I didn't like the offers retentions had available so I left considering I found something that meet my needs for less $.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2013
1448 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Nexzen wrote: Rogers/Fido are better in the GTA. Especially when you're underground or in bad coverage areas, the 2G network is available compared to none on others.
Awesome! Looks like I made the right choice to forget about Virgin, then.

Still can't believe that after being with Rogers for *8* years that the retention offers I got were close to 20$ more than what I currently have with Fido. Unbelievable!
JoeyG1975 wrote: I actually can hold a signal and conversation in the elevator where as Rogers would drop.
I honestly wonder why that is. Never had an issue with Rogers (or Fido, so far) except for within elevators. lol!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2523 posts
500 upvotes
Montreal
fakishan wrote: virgin website ordering is full of fail; out of stock phones not indicated as such until checkout, when you select the 25$ silverplan it says pick a feature, what feature where!
Rogers still takes the prize for the most disastrous cell provider website :)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
hot if 600mb data for 29.99, and 1gb = 40bucks, 5gb =50bucks
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Newbie
May 2, 2008
87 posts
35 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote: hot if 600mb data for 29.99, and 1gb = 40bucks, 5gb =50bucks

if you are in metro vancouver area, you can get this plan for $29 with buying a new phone under supertab.
the promo is running till aug 1, and it is for rogers/fido/chatr customer only, but there is always a solution for others.
Jr. Member
Dec 27, 2007
105 posts
6 upvotes
Are these Virgin plans month by month with no two or three year contracts if you BYOD?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15147 posts
6717 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes, if you BYOD you'll be on month-to-month (no contract).
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12441 posts
2183 upvotes
StratMangler wrote: Awesome! Looks like I made the right choice to forget about Virgin, then.
It's pretty much the same with these guys. I signed up with fido a week ago, called them yesterday and asked if they could match the 10% byod virgin had or a $5 credit. They said no, so I ported to virgin. Today they send me an email saying they will give me 50% off for 6 months if I come back. Idiots...
Newbie
Jan 29, 2013
57 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone gotten a phone and Gold Plan with Virgin? I am wondering how the contract works. If it get the 39 dollar plan with the iphone 5 (for $400) does that mean I have to be with Virgin for 6+years to pay off the tab?
Jr. Member
Dec 27, 2007
105 posts
6 upvotes
Does Virgin's "refer a friend" offer still work? It seems to still be on their website but I thought I read somewhere on here that it was stopped.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15147 posts
6717 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So I went to the mall today with the intention to port my number from Speakout to Virgin. Spent half an hour at the Virgin kiosk while they tried to activate a new account. Was ultimately denied. They told me to call customer service. So I called them and they told me I'm a high risk customer and the only way to be a Virgin customer is to put down a $1,000 cash deposit... WTF! I've never been a Virgin or Bell Mobile customer before. How can I be flagged a high risk customer?!? If Virgin doesn't want a new customer, I'm sure Fido won't mind. I'll just port over to Fido's $39 deal instead.
Newbie
Jan 29, 2013
57 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Amourek wrote: Plan almost identical but big difference if you get a phone. Fido's tab is paid off in 2 years. Virgin applies 10% of your monthly plan fee to pay off the tab.

i.e. $300 tab, $39 plan: With Fido you'll be free and clear in 2 years. With Virgin, it will take 3 times as long (~6.4 years).
I talked to the virgin rep today and she said that w the new CRTC ruling the phone is paid off/ tab is cleared after 2 yrs
Newbie
Jan 29, 2013
57 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: So I went to the mall today with the intention to port my number from Speakout to Virgin. Spent half an hour at the Virgin kiosk while they tried to activate a new account. Was ultimately denied. They told me to call customer service. So I called them and they told me I'm a high risk customer and the only way to be a Virgin customer is to put down a $1,000 cash deposit... WTF! I've never been a Virgin or Bell Mobile customer before. How can I be flagged a high risk customer?!? If Virgin doesn't want a new customer, I'm sure Fido won't mind. I'll just port over to Fido's $39 deal instead.
What was the deposit for?
Newbie
May 2, 2008
87 posts
35 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: So I went to the mall today with the intention to port my number from Speakout to Virgin. Spent half an hour at the Virgin kiosk while they tried to activate a new account. Was ultimately denied. They told me to call customer service. So I called them and they told me I'm a high risk customer and the only way to be a Virgin customer is to put down a $1,000 cash deposit... WTF! I've never been a Virgin or Bell Mobile customer before. How can I be flagged a high risk customer?!? If Virgin doesn't want a new customer, I'm sure Fido won't mind. I'll just port over to Fido's $39 deal instead.
if you are in metro vancouver area, so you can port your speakout number to prepaid chattr( or fido, rogers) and then to virgin to get $10 discount which brings this plan from $39 to $29
go to any bestbuy or futureshop, the sales will help you without any additional cost.
Newbie
May 2, 2008
87 posts
35 upvotes
notoriousenv wrote: I talked to the virgin rep today and she said that w the new CRTC ruling the phone is paid off/ tab is cleared after 2 yrs
that's a good news.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15147 posts
6717 upvotes
Toronto, ON
notoriousenv wrote: What was the deposit for?
I have no idea. The fraud department said I am high-risk and they won't accept my credit card for the activation. Hence he said I need to pay $1,000 cash for the deposit to have service with Virgin or Bell. I've never been a Virgin or Bell Mobility customer. The credit card that I gave as ID (MBNA Smartcash card) was compromised twice over the last 5 years, but everytime MBNA resolved the problem and issued me a new card/number. When I pressed the guy from the fraud department if it was because of my credit card, he said he can't discuss the issue with me. So how can I resolve this issue if they can't discuss it with me?
westend wrote: if you are in metro vancouver area, so you can port your speakout number to prepaid chattr( or fido, rogers) and then to virgin to get $10 discount which brings this plan from $39 to $29
go to any bestbuy or futureshop, the sales will help you without any additional cost.
Unfortunately, I'm in Toronto. Too bad because $29 for the plan would be sweet.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2523 posts
500 upvotes
Montreal
notoriousenv wrote: I talked to the virgin rep today and she said that w the new CRTC ruling the phone is paid off/ tab is cleared after 2 yrs
That's only if you get a contract after their new policies go into effect, rumored to be August 1st.
rvs007 wrote: I have no idea. The fraud department said I am high-risk and they won't accept my credit card for the activation. Hence he said I need to pay $1,000 cash for the deposit to have service with Virgin or Bell. I've never been a Virgin or Bell Mobility customer. The credit card that I gave as ID (MBNA Smartcash card) was compromised twice over the last 5 years, but everytime MBNA resolved the problem and issued me a new card/number. When I pressed the guy from the fraud department if it was because of my credit card, he said he can't discuss the issue with me. So how can I resolve this issue if they can't discuss it with me?
They system simply didn't like what it saw when it ran the credit check. Bell tends to more strict with credit scores and deposits while Rogers more lax on their policies. That said the $1000 cash deposit is a little high, have you asked for a credit report on yourself recently to see what the situation is?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 14, 2005
3007 posts
130 upvotes
Mtl
Wow 1000$ deposit? I used to work for bell in their resolution dept and the max security deposit was 250$ (this was 6-7 yes ago)
Price errors are the only real sales :)
I refused to be gouged by canadian retailers when purchases can be made in the U.S for a LOT less..

Top