Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile promo plans $39 600mb | $50 1gb | $60 2gb back on

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2014 8:21 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15168 posts
6733 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The agent in their fraud department was extremely rude and made it sound like Virgin didn't want me as a customer. I'm wondering if he made up such a high deposit amount just to scare me away from signing with them. I'll apply for my credit check just to make sure everything is in order.
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2008
170 posts
20 upvotes
When I talked to the rep at bestbuy, I was quoted a $20 cancellation fee as wel as a 12 dollar processing fee or something.
Is this normal for port in from Rogers?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2565 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
alexenoxu wrote: When I talked to the rep at bestbuy, I was quoted a $20 cancellation fee as wel as a 12 dollar processing fee or something.
Is this normal for port in from Rogers?
Well I wouldn't trust a Best Buy rep to know what's the deal but Rogers does have a $12.50 administration fee for cancelling
Member
May 31, 2013
212 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
I always tell everyone, if you hear the voice of people from canada you should hang up because there a waste of time. people from the philipines are always easier to talk to and get credits
Newbie
Jan 29, 2013
57 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
wrdeal24 wrote: That's only if you get a contract after their new policies go into effect, rumored to be August 1st.
How will we know for sure when companies put the policies in place? how come they don't go into effect immediately?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1402 posts
193 upvotes
chimp wrote: If you mean canada, probably. Just check what happened in Europe or most Asian countries(like the dragons). Even the nominal value dropped A LOT.
Yep. It's about $16 a month inc tax for 250 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited data, no receiving charges in the UK. There are some with less data for as low as a few bucks a month.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2565 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
notoriousenv wrote: How will we know for sure when companies put the policies in place? how come they don't go into effect immediately?

They will list as a 2 year term or in the case of Koodo a 2 year guaranteed. The only requirement is for them to have the system in place by December.
Member
Feb 21, 2012
239 posts
167 upvotes
Gananoque, ON
I can't decide if I should make the switch or not to Gold 39 ($35.10)

I still have last years $30/month for 150mins, after 7pm/weekends, canada-wide, int'l text/pic & 200MB.

I'm just scared that after August 1st hits, we'll never see plans like this again, thanks to two year contracts
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 22, 2006
1530 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
well if you really think about, fido has been on 2yrs for awhile already and still managed to push for the $39 plan..
Member since 2006

Fido- $40/15GB
Curren phone: Samsung s20FE
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
7151 posts
6280 upvotes
Toronto
Can I call Rogers and ask them to switch my current plan to a plan similar to the 60$ virgin plan? I have 60$ 6GB Summer plan but paying 7$ for caller ID.

Don't they price match advertised deals or something like that? I have a 15$ credit but I'd rather pay 45$+tax for virgin-like plan than 52$+tax for rogers plan
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
keljai wrote: well if you really think about, fido has been on 2yrs for awhile already and still managed to push for the $39 plan..
they(the carriers) are just playing who blink first game with the public and/or CRTC.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2565 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
Said212 wrote: Can I call Rogers and ask them to switch my current plan to a plan similar to the 60$ virgin plan? I have 60$ 6GB Summer plan but paying 7$ for caller ID.

Don't they price match advertised deals or something like that? I have a 15$ credit but I'd rather pay 45$+tax for virgin-like plan than 52$+tax for rogers plan
Probably the closest they'll offer is their $60 1000 local minutes/500mb plan for $45
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 10, 2005
5373 posts
3065 upvotes
GTA
Anyone think there's any reason to port from Koodo to Virgin? I'm wondering mostly in terms of service. I know they share the same towers so coverage should be same. But speeds can be different.

I've been happy with Koodos coverage but LTE/HSPA could be a little faster at home. The $10/600mb overage is slightly cheaper on Virgin too.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
Is there a way to somehow get unlimited incoming on the 39$ plan? Maybe replace long distance by unlimited incoming? Anyone succeeded in doing so?
Newbie
Jul 11, 2007
75 posts
11 upvotes
Activated today in the store. The employee said that this promo will end Aug 8 since Virgin is increasing the price of their plans to conform with the new CRTC rules.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
roller wrote: Activated today in the store. The employee said that this promo will end Aug 8 since Virgin is increasing the price of their plans to conform with the new CRTC rules.
There is a CRTC rule forcing all the mobile phone companies to raise their monthly prices?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 10, 2010
162 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
TheWalrus wrote: There is a CRTC rule forcing all the mobile phone companies to raise their monthly prices?
No - new CRTC rules will lead to increased costs which will be passed on the the consumer by all the majors.
Anyone surprised? No, not really.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1838 posts
412 upvotes
Winnipeg
in time they will drop in price, There is no way they are paying$700 for a phone.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
Dystopia wrote: No - new CRTC rules will lead to increased costs which will be passed on the the consumer by all the majors.
Anyone surprised? No, not really.
yeah, that is what the big three said :-)

basically if you don't allow us to milk you for 3 years, we have to milk you harder for 2 years.

Top