Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile promo plans $39 600mb | $50 1gb | $60 2gb back on

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2014 8:21 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15163 posts
6724 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zijin_cheng wrote: I called into Virgin Mobile to ask them to give me UMB (which of course they refused), but the rep told me to put August 8 on the calendar, as they will have a huge rollout in new plans.

So far I haven't seen anything changed.
Mark54 wrote: Nothing has changed, anyone know of any sales over the next week?
Things have changed, as in, the promos have expired. Their minimum Gold plan is now $40 with 200 min. and 200MB of data. If you were hoping for a sale, you should have jumped on the $39 plan. Just wait a few weeks and they will likely bring out some Back to School promo. At this point, no one knows if the BTS promos will be better or worst than the $39 plan.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: Things have changed, as in, the promos have expired. Their minimum Gold plan is now $40 with 200 min. and 200MB of data. If you were hoping for a sale, you should have jumped on the $39 plan. Just wait a few weeks and they will likely bring out some Back to School promo. At this point, no one knows if the BTS promos will be better or worst than the $39 plan.
No, he specifically said there would be a huge change, new plans rolling out, not promos expiring. I told the rep I wanted more data addons, and he said to wait until August 8, so I did, and nothing. I'm not looking to change my plan, but I did have my fingers crossed for very cheap data addons.
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15163 posts
6724 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zijin_cheng wrote: No, he specifically said there would be a huge change, new plans rolling out, not promos expiring. I told the rep I wanted more data addons, and he said to wait until August 8, so I did, and nothing. I'm not looking to change my plan, but I did have my fingers crossed for very cheap data addons.
Yes there has been huge changes, but for the worst. Did he specifically say there were better plans rolling out?
Jan 29, 2013
57 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
The associate at the Eaton's Center kiosk in Toronto told me flat out that the plans coming out after this promotion were going to be crappier. Of course he may have just said that for me to sign-on.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: Yes there has been huge changes, but for the worst. Did he specifically say there were better plans rolling out?
No, he said he wouldn't know until August 8th. But the thing is, there haven't been any huge changes. All I see are promotions taken away. I was expecting something massive, like a complete revamp of the tab system or complete plan changes.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15163 posts
6724 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zijin_cheng wrote: No, he said he wouldn't know until August 8th. But the thing is, there haven't been any huge changes. All I see are promotions taken away. I was expecting something massive, like a complete revamp of the tab system or complete plan changes.
There has been changes. All the various plans have gone up at least $5, for features that are essentially the same as before. Tabs are now 2-year tabs instead of 3. Overall crappier.

And all the details of the new plans were leaked a few weeks before on mobilesyrup. So it shouldn't be a surprise at all.
Banned
Apr 7, 2002
92 posts
1 upvote
rvs007 wrote: +1.. says available until August 7.
I am with rogers and this $39 plan was $29 last week and the $25 was $15. ended on the 31st?!
How is it fair practice that some will get it some won't because I was busy with something else. If it would be a temporary discount I understand, but it permanent right!?! This is worse than the new customer getting a better deal because there is no difference between me and someone who signed up last week, so he gets the same service but a lot cheaper.....
"I will never use PAYPAL again !!" Heatware
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15163 posts
6724 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lhlh wrote: I am with rogers and this $39 plan was $29 last week and the $25 was $15. ended on the 31st?!
How is it fair practice that some will get it some won't because I was busy with something else. If it would be a temporary discount I understand, but it permanent right!?! This is worse than the new customer getting a better deal because there is no difference between me and someone who signed up last week, so he gets the same service but a lot cheaper.....
Are you questioning the whole concept of a sale? All sales are limited time only. If you miss it, tough luck. Wait for the next promotion. Not really sure what your beef is with this particular promotion. Practically everything posted on RFD are sales that are limited time only!!
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: There has been changes. All the various plans have gone up at least $5, for features that are essentially the same as before. Tabs are now 2-year tabs instead of 3. Overall crappier.

And all the details of the new plans were leaked a few weeks before on mobilesyrup. So it shouldn't be a surprise at all.
I know. That rep must have been lying or mistaken, as he told me all this AFTER the plan prices went up, AFTER tabs were changed to 2 years.
Banned
Apr 7, 2002
92 posts
1 upvote
rvs007 wrote: Are you questioning the whole concept of a sale? All sales are limited time only. If you miss it, tough luck. Wait for the next promotion. Not really sure what your beef is with this particular promotion. Practically everything posted on RFD are sales that are limited time only!!
A Sale is a finite event so you can screw people. This is service they provide which is continuous and thus should be more reasonable so they keep the customer.
But as long as they have monopoly they don't have to, which is why you pay more in Canada than USA and not to mention rest of the world.

Can you explain why they are able to charge(Fido) $7 to change you basic voicemail "3. Records up to 3 messages; each message up to 3 minutes in length. Recorded messages saved for 3 days only." to The Enhanced Voicemail with 35 messages for 10 day or so ?! Is storage so expensive these days that the extra 1mb for an extra 7 days worth $7 ?!!?!? Makes no sense to me how are they allowed.
"I will never use PAYPAL again !!" Heatware
Sep 3, 2012
28 posts
19 upvotes
Sarnia
School starts in just over a week and Virgin has no back to school promo plans yet? What's with that? These new plans all suck for data, unless you want to pay over 100$ for 5+ gigs

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)