Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
VirginMobile.ca

Virgin Mobile - Silver $75 Data going up to 4GB offer

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2013 5:33 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25564 posts
15406 upvotes
Toronto
I pay a little more than that to Wind for plans for the entire family! Where do people get this kind of money to spend on wireless?
Mar 20, 2013
216 posts
787 upvotes
Valhalla
What's "TB50" the 6gbs of data unlim calling on Virgin?
Dec 11, 2013
667 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: I pay a little more than that to Wind for plans for the entire family! Where do people get this kind of money to spend on wireless?
Wind isn't the best choice for everyone. If you don't have a home phone, $75 is only a couple hours of work a month for the average person. I pay $50 for 2GB w/fido and I'm fine with it. That being said, this plan isn't a huge savings.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1728 posts
599 upvotes
Canada
It's live and also looks like Koodo has magically done the same thing and matched Virgin
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29362 posts
14858 upvotes
Russell wrote: I think it's safe to say that there isn't a single cell phone plan in Canada that would qualify as a "hot deal".
therollin wrote: TB50 6gbs of data unlim calling on Virgin
I literally came in here to post this.
<3 $45/m Unlimited Call/Text and 6GB
Russell wrote: I think it's safe to say that there isn't a single cell phone plan in Canada that would qualify as a "hot deal".
Back to this for a second, unless you're on retentions or use an MVNO it's not much better in the US. A friend of mine is paying damn near $100 for 3GB plus 500 rollover and unlimited texting through AT&T.
I had to change my pants when I saw her bill. And there's no way to reduce it without talking to retentions or switching to another carrier.
Strangely... prepaid is significantly cheaper than post paid. The US is weird...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44564 posts
7781 upvotes
What happened to the good old days when 6GB of data was only for $30?
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
5389 posts
1812 upvotes
djemzine wrote: What happened to the good old days when 6GB of data was only for $30?
People whined about the 3 year contracts, complained about paying so much for voice minutes and long distance and didn't realized how expensive high end voice/data plans with subsidized flagship phones were getting in the rest of the world.

The CRTC mandate merely allowed the Big 3 to switch to the new unlimited talk, text and shared data plans that makes Verizon the most profitable telecom in the world.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25564 posts
15406 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: What happened to the good old days when 6GB of data was only for $30?
Gone, due to lack of competition.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25564 posts
15406 upvotes
Toronto
JFlash20 wrote: Wind isn't the best choice for everyone. If you don't have a home phone, $75 is only a couple hours of work a month for the average person. I pay $50 for 2GB w/fido and I'm fine with it. That being said, this plan isn't a huge savings.
A couple of hours worth of work for the average person? I am not proud to say it, but I wish I made $75 per hour before tax!
Aug 7, 2013
35 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
amy2421 wrote: If you get the Silver $60 plan, it currently has 2GB of data with each additional GB at $10. With BYOD it is $54, or $74 if you use up to 4GB... I like this better because there are lots of months I don't even use the 2GB but it's nice to know it is available at a reasonable rate should I happen to go over.
I did the same math earlier figured it would only be worth switching if I went over 3GB on a regular basis.