Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Targeted, Lucky to Virgin, 2 YRs $15/mth for 200 CAN Minutes + Unltd Int'l Texting + $0 Galaxy A8 + $200~ GC/Points

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2019 5:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5458 posts
3353 upvotes

[Virgin Mobile] Targeted, Lucky to Virgin, 2 YRs $15/mth for 200 CAN Minutes + Unltd Int'l Texting + $0 Galaxy A8 + $200~ GC/Points

I have a $10 plan on Lucky Mobile. There is a $15 Silver plan offer for migrating to Virgin Mobile. The plan is eligible for getting a discounted phone.

Silver Talk 15 plan, $15/month for 200 Canada-Wide minutes, unlimited international texting, Galaxy A8 for $0, and 200,000 Points from The Mobile Shop, OR $200 GC from Walmart, OR $250 in-store credit from Wireless Wave, OR possibly $200-250 GC from other retailers. Since it is a contract, the price is guaranteed for 2 years. If you sell the phone, you basically get paid to use 2 years of Virgin Mobile service! If you already have a Virgin Mobile account, you might also be able to get 10% off for adding another line.

You will need to go to a store. Give them your Lucky number to check the available offers for moving to Virgin. If your number is truly Lucky, you will have the same Virgin offer.

@NavieM
161 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2617 posts
3045 upvotes
blainehamilton wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 5:41 pm
Any data included on this plan?
Asking a little much for a $15 plan that already includes a phone
but no, there's no data
Probably the regular pay per use @ $70-$100/GB
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Jul 16, 2013
474 posts
152 upvotes
Is lucky mobile only available to Quebec area?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2106 posts
824 upvotes
London
I would never do virgin or bell. All I see is their prices rapidly increasing. They seem to always find a way to screw over the customer. I'd suggest to rather buy a phone and go with public mobile where they don't screw all their existing customers over
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5458 posts
3353 upvotes
ZenaZ927 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 10:52 pm
Is lucky mobile only available to Quebec area?
Lucky Mobile is available where Bell Mobility is available.
datako wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 11:01 pm
I would never do virgin or bell. All I see is their prices rapidly increasing. They seem to always find a way to screw over the customer. I'd suggest to rather buy a phone and go with public mobile where they don't screw all their existing customers over
I don't think you understand this deal. It's not about becoming a Virgin customer. It's that you basically get paid for using 2 years of service instead of paying for it. It's even better than free! And since it is a contract, you're protected.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2106 posts
824 upvotes
London
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 11:04 pm
Lucky Mobile is available where Bell Mobility is available.

I don't think you understand this deal. It's not about becoming a Virgin customer. It's that you basically get paid for using 2 years of service instead of paying for it.
Thank you, but I do understand the deal. You're pretty clear about it! It's good, which is why I'm not down voting. It's great actually, but screw supporting this company and any of its subsidiaries. They're just gonna lure a bunch of people in, cause headaches and raise prices when the time comes. The deal isn't bad, it would've been perfect if it wasn't bell! But we can't have it all here in Canada!
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2005 posts
857 upvotes
Markham
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 15th, 2019 2:13 pm
Silver Talk 15 plan, $15/month for 200 Canada-Wide minutes, unlimited international texting, Galaxy A8 for $0, and 200,000 Points from The Mobile Shop, OR $200 GC from Walmart, OR $250 in-store credit from Wireless Wave, OR possibly $200-250 GC from other retailers.
I noticed that iphone 6s plus is also zero dollars on silver plan, if you can get that, might fetch higher dollar for resell and also bonus $50 gift card
Images
  • 6splus.JPG
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2617 posts
3045 upvotes
datako wrote: Thank you, but I do understand the deal. You're pretty clear about it! It's good, which is why I'm not down voting. It's great actually, but screw supporting this company and any of its subsidiaries. They're just gonna lure a bunch of people in, cause headaches and raise prices when the time comes. The deal isn't bad, it would've been perfect if it wasn't bell! But we can't have it all here in Canada!
They don’t raise prices on contracts, only MTM so there’s really zero downside with this deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3372 posts
1612 upvotes
Halifax
Would have went well with the Virgin 1 GB tablet tablet plan that was offered for 3 days for $5 a month at the source last week, free tablet $100 gift card!

The free stuff easily pays for this, and if I was not already committed to other plans, I would see if I could exploit this.

I assume there is a $35 activation fee? I wonder if you can disable data? Would be nice if you could disable anything with an overage charge. Not going to happen, so I will pass.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2617 posts
3045 upvotes
bridonca wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 1:58 am
Would have went well with the Virgin 1 GB tablet tablet plan that was offered for 3 days for $5 a month at the source last week, free tablet $100 gift card!

The free stuff easily pays for this, and if I was not already committed to other plans, I would see if I could exploit this.

I assume there is a $35 activation fee? I wonder if you can disable data? Would be nice if you could disable anything with an overage charge. Not going to happen, so I will pass.
There is a $35 activation fee but it is credited for those who are migrating. Shows up on the second or third bill.
There is also a $2 data block option with Virgin that still allows picture messaging or you can just turn data off on the phone
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3372 posts
1612 upvotes
Halifax
NavieM wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 2:46 am
There is a $35 activation fee but it is credited for those who are migrating. Shows up on the second or third bill.
There is also a $2 data block option with Virgin that still allows picture messaging or you can just turn data off on the phone
My worry is giving this to a kid that has boundary issues! Getting them to stay off the voice is doable, Data, OTOH....
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2617 posts
3045 upvotes
WM now has a $300 GC w/ A8 + $50 back pocket. $350 + what you can sell the phone for - $360 for the plan = profit still.

6S has $200+$50 bonus now as well (on silver plan)
Jan 28, 2018
848 posts
1297 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NavieM wrote:
Mar 16th, 2019 11:55 am
WM now has a $300 GC w/ A8 + $50 back pocket. $350 + what you can sell the phone for - $360 for the plan = profit still.

6S has $200+$50 bonus now as well (on silver plan)
Do I have to go to WM for that or Virgin?

And all I have to do is go there, tell them to check for migration offers for my Lucky Mobile number and they'll have the $15 plan + GC + A8?
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Jul 4, 2006
878 posts
203 upvotes
Oakville
How do you setup your account?

I have a sim and I just want to register without purchasing prepaid minutes ?

Is there a way to do this online?

I tried this and I don’t see any way without having to buy minutes.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks.