Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin 0$ down payment deal is not true

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 6:18 pm
Sep 30, 2020
133 posts
49 upvotes
Smartdomus wrote: Oh, mine at least they said they would take the return but I am still waiting to see if they will follow through. I haven’t resorted to any other channels, since they didn’t oppose to the phone return.
I really hope your complaints get to them and you can get rid of them as well. I also canceled automatic payment and I am hoping this will get sorted before next billing cycle and I can just port my number somewhere else.
The story is very long and unbelieveable.
The main problem is no agent honor the previous agents committed.

They offer 0 downpayment.
They told me no downpayment, if there is, they can waive.
If there is, I can return it even more than 15 days.
They can't waive downpayment.
I can't return phone.
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
They accepted the phone and reversed all charges and defaulted me me back to my BYOD plan, now I have a credit on my account for next month’s bill. Now I’m free to leave them. No the best outcome, but I am happy it’s over.
Sep 30, 2020
133 posts
49 upvotes
Smartdomus wrote: They accepted the phone and reversed all charges and defaulted me me back to my BYOD plan, now I have a credit on my account for next month’s bill. Now I’m free to leave them. No the best outcome, but I am happy it’s over.
It is Good news!

Have you communicated with them after returning it? Or just wait for the change on your account.

The delivery is accepted by them.
I have reported to CCTS for a return but no response for many days, it is strange.
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
Hellordfdeals wrote: It is Good news!

Have you communicated with them after returning it? Or just wait for the change on your account.

The delivery is accepted by them.
I have reported to CCTS for a return but no response for many days, it is strange.
No I haven't talked to them.
They received the phone last Thursday, but yesterday I received an email saying they received the phone and another email with my new "contact" (which is not a contract, just my month-to-month subscription to the BYOD plan I had before all that)
My invoice balance was over $800 before that and now it has changed to a a credit of $45 dollars instead, which means every fee got reversed and I had nothing to pay this month.
The iPhone 11 pro max also disappeared completely from my account and it shows back the XS I got with a contract 2 years ago and it's already paid for.
Sep 30, 2020
133 posts
49 upvotes
Smartdomus wrote: No I haven't talked to them.
They received the phone last Thursday, but yesterday I received an email saying they received the phone and another email with my new "contact" (which is not a contract, just my month-to-month subscription to the BYOD plan I had before all that)
My invoice balance was over $800 before that and now it has changed to a a credit of $45 dollars instead, which means every fee got reversed and I had nothing to pay this month.
The iPhone 11 pro max also disappeared completely from my account and it shows back the XS I got with a contract 2 years ago and it's already paid for.
Thank you.
I got response from CCTS too, they may need more days to response these special situation.
Hope it can be solved soon.
May 26, 2010
141 posts
70 upvotes
Thornhill
Update 2:
I returned device and asked to refund all charges and get back my 8GB/$50 plan. Was told its not available anymore and best they can do is 4GB/$50. I guess they decided to get rid of loyal 10y customer for sure

So I went to Rogers and got 20GB/$50 EPP plan. In few days got a call from Virgin winback team checking on me and offering 20GB/$45 and $300 credit for device upgrade...
Something is broken there.
Sep 30, 2020
133 posts
49 upvotes
They finally accept the return and credit the overcharged on my bill.
I ported out my phone number to other carrier today.

They called me this afternoon to offer 45 for 25Gb, I wouldn't like to ask more details, there may be device upgrade credit.
We don't know what they said are they can honor.
Hurt me seriously, won't like the story happen again.