Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin 0$ down payment deal is not true

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 6:18 pm
Jul 31, 2004
273 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
That's unfortunate.. I actually never had any of the reps give me push back on the credit, they just kept saying the amount of credit authorization is too high and they have to transfer to the resolution dept and they'll take care of me. But that phone call was the worse, you can barely understand/hear them on the phone and I kept thinking they probably did that on purpose so that you don't understand what you're accepting.. lol but IMO, it's ridiculous that they wouldn't honor what the agents are selling. Regardless, you've sent the phone back otherwise I'd say keep escalating as you sound clearly in the right and the resolutions team obviously have the ability to do the credit. In total, I got like $500 after the phone/activation credited..
Images
  • virgin_credits_2020-10-26_10-27-22.jpg
Oct 11, 2019
284 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
Smartdomus wrote: Same here. I always got assured I would be refunded if ever I got charged and I wouldn't have to pay and i decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.
I also started on chate, got transferred,, then they called me and transferred to two more people on a very low volume phone call. But the last lady, after all the transfers, wasn't up for any kind of negotiation. I've always kept my cool and was nice to everyone, she told me "I coudn't really expect such a high end phone not to have a downpaymet".
I simply told her, It wasn't a matter of expectation, it was a matter of what I was told clearly and that she could go and check the logs. Actually I had my chats screenshots in front of me and I read them all , along with agent names and dates, proving that I accepted the agreement only upon the premise of no downpayment.

I only received a written contract AFTER activating the phone, the day I was the charged, I contacted them and they assured me that those charges were paid by Bell, not me. Before my deadline to return the phone expired, I contacted them again to make sure I would not miss the oportunity to return the phone and not be charged, but they told me again: no upfront/downpayment. The guy even said that there there was a clear note on my file about it. Even the first agent that helped me yesterday said the same thing: that he could see from the logs and notes that I didn't have to pay for anything upfront.

So the last lady simply accepted that I was told that, but said they would not honor it. And since I was clearly in the right, there was no fuzz about accepting that I return the phone after the deadline. I just shipped the phone back and will wait and see If all charges will be reversed properly, including service changes fees. They say I've been defaulted to my BYOD plan I had before, but I am afraid of porting somewhere else before I am sure I have no pending charges with them.

I will definitely be getting and iPhone 12 pro instead and somewhere else. Will probably wait for black Friday/ Boxing day, but don't know if I should move to another carrier temporarily until then, or if that would make me miss on a better deal for porting my phone from somewhere else.
Check Koodo or Fido during Black Friday and just port then.
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
bringit wrote: That's unfortunate.. I actually never had any of the reps give me push back on the credit, they just kept saying the amount of credit authorization is too high and they have to transfer to the resolution dept and they'll take care of me. But that phone call was the worse, you can barely understand/hear them on the phone and I kept thinking they probably did that on purpose so that you don't understand what you're accepting.. lol but IMO, it's ridiculous that they wouldn't honor what the agents are selling. Regardless, you've sent the phone back otherwise I'd say keep escalating as you sound clearly in the right and the resolutions team obviously have the ability to do the credit. In total, I got like $500 after the phone/activation credited..
I figured if they did not want to honor their word, there is no need to stick around as a client. I am not going to bother to fight to have them keep their word. I took $0 payment but was "pushed" into a more expensive plan and I was ok with that, I didn't try to negotiate and I would have paid everything until the end of term, like I have for years. If they saw no value in keeping me around, I can easily get an iPhone 12 pro somewhere else on a much cheaper plan (I work from home and barely use data, rarely more than 1Gb, and was paying an 11GB plan for this phone) and end up paying less/same on the long run.
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
snyp1193 wrote: Check Koodo or Fido during Black Friday and just port then.
Yes, thanks for the tip! I usually get my phones on Black Fridays, but wasn't sure if boxing day could offer better deals for being after Christmas and a bit after release craziness.
I have an iPhone 11 to use for now and I don't have to return it until next year, so I'm in no rush. So I'll jump into any good offers that show up next month.
Oct 11, 2019
284 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
Smartdomus wrote: Yes, thanks for the tip! I usually get my phones on Black Fridays, but wasn't sure if boxing day could offer better deals for being after Christmas and a bit after release craziness.
I have an iPhone 11 to use for now and I don't have to return it until next year, so I'm in no rush. So I'll jump into any good offers that show up next month.
I find Black Friday tends to offer best deals now while Boxing Day is just the same deals given during Black Friday or slightly worse. So you might as well get it a month earlier!
Sep 30, 2020
119 posts
34 upvotes
Smartdomus wrote: I figured if they did not want to honor their word, there is no need to stick around as a client. I am not going to bother to fight to have them keep their word. I took $0 payment but was "pushed" into a more expensive plan and I was ok with that, I didn't try to negotiate and I would have paid everything until the end of term, like I have for years. If they saw no value in keeping me around, I can easily get an iPhone 12 pro somewhere else on a much cheaper plan (I work from home and barely use data, rarely more than 1Gb, and was paying an 11GB plan for this phone) and end up paying less/same on the long run.
Such companies who cheat customers should be punished but there is no positive feedback even from BBB or CCTS.
They are still telling me I won't need pay upfront even they have seen the upfront $558 and about $200 Tax on my bill which should be ready Oct24.
I am waiting for the bill.
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
Hellordfdeals wrote: Such companies who cheat customers should be punished but there is no positive feedback even from BBB or CCTS.
They are still telling me I won't need pay upfront even they have seen the upfront $558 and about $200 Tax on my bill which should be ready Oct24.
I am waiting for the bill.
My bill came 3 or 4 days later than usual this month, (just to make sure I was way beyond my deadline to return the phone).
Yes they should, be punished, but since they are taking back the phone, I decided not to fight for the original "deal". I figured it will be less of a headache to just get a newer iPhone with a cheaper plan somewhere else. And I got completely turned off from them as a company.
I always had great service from them, even at that confusion, most chat agents were very nice and and helpful, but at the end the resolutions person that dealt with my case wasn't up for any negotiation.

Well, at least I got $110+ worth of free gas from them in the past month, so it compensate fro the money spent on a phone case :P
Sep 30, 2020
119 posts
34 upvotes
Smartdomus wrote: My bill came 3 or 4 days later than usual this month, (just to make sure I was way beyond my deadline to return the phone).
Yes they should, be punished, but since they are taking back the phone, I decided not to fight for the original "deal". I figured it will be less of a headache to just get a newer iPhone with a cheaper plan somewhere else. And I got completely turned off from them as a company.
I always had great service from them, even at that confusion, most chat agents were very nice and and helpful, but at the end the resolutions person that dealt with my case wasn't up for any negotiation.

Well, at least I got $110+ worth of free gas from them in the past month, so it compensate fro the money spent on a phone case :P
Some agents are nice, some agents are unkindly or rude, they don't know it is a business and just think we are begging something.
For the similar case, they waived the whole bills of my home internet(about $30) when I reported they made mistake on my bill.

On the other hand, purchasing can be done via chatting but anything related of bills only can be done via calling, I think they just want to make more trouble for us and leave nothing to trace.
Sep 30, 2020
119 posts
34 upvotes
Hellordfdeals wrote: Some agents are nice, some agents are unkindly or rude, they don't know it is a business and just think we are begging something.
For the similar case, they waived the whole bills of my home internet(about $30) when I reported they made mistake on my bill.

On the other hand, purchasing can be done via chatting but anything related of bills only can be done via calling, I think they just want to make more trouble for us and leave nothing to trace.
My bill comes today and $700 shows on it. The agent asked me "Do you think the device is free?".
What kind of company it is!!!
Sep 30, 2020
119 posts
34 upvotes
Hellordfdeals wrote: My bill comes today and $700 shows on it. The agent asked me "Do you think the device is free?".
What kind of company it is!!!
They can't waive the downpayment and can't let me return it since it is more than 15 days.
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
Hellordfdeals wrote: They can't waive the downpayment and can't let me return it since it is more than 15 days.
When you got the deal with them, did you get by chat? Did you save the transcripts or took screenshots?
I found that when I mentioned the chat, dates, agent names and told that they could check all logs, they never had the guts to say I misunderstood or was lying. So the resolutions person had that same attitute towards me, but still couldn't tell me I was in the wrong and accepted that the phone was returned.
But I'm still afraid of them going back on their word and giving me a hard time to reverse all charges. I made sure I took pictures of he phone being shipped in perfect mint condition and made sure I went on chat to keep proof of them telling me I won't get any penalties for not paying this bill until my next billing cycle, because it does feel like they built a perfect trap.

My bill was created on the 25th, days later than usual and my account says my payment is overdue since the 23rd, being that my automatic payments always came out on the 6th of the month. My account is very weird lately, but I've bee going on chat to get clarification on everything because I got that paranoid after all that Disappointed Face
Sep 30, 2020
119 posts
34 upvotes
mikeproscutto wrote: I reported it to CCTS. I do not have the logs. Virgin should have it on file or the least they can do is speak to the rep that put the other thru.

My phone was lost by Canada post so I’m still waiting for that. The whole process has been a nightmare. Lost phone and the deal wasn’t even true.
Hi Sir, Do you get feedback from CCTS?
Sep 30, 2020
119 posts
34 upvotes
Smartdomus wrote: When you got the deal with them, did you get by chat? Did you save the transcripts or took screenshots?
I found that when I mentioned the chat, dates, agent names and told that they could check all logs, they never had the guts to say I misunderstood or was lying. So the resolutions person had that same attitute towards me, but still couldn't tell me I was in the wrong and accepted that the phone was returned.
But I'm still afraid of them going back on their word and giving me a hard time to reverse all charges. I made sure I took pictures of he phone being shipped in perfect mint condition and made sure I went on chat to keep proof of them telling me I won't get any penalties for not paying this bill until my next billing cycle, because it does feel like they built a perfect trap.

My bill was created on the 25th, days later than usual and my account says my payment is overdue since the 23rd, being that my automatic payments always came out on the 6th of the month. My account is very weird lately, but I've bee going on chat to get clarification on everything because I got that paranoid after all that Disappointed Face
I have all chatting history but they say no, they are outrageous.

Have anyboady returned it more than 15 days?
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
Hellordfdeals wrote: I have all chatting history but they say no, they are outrageous.

I did, my return deadline expired on the 17th or 19th, I don't recall now, but I only shipped it yesterday, after Resolutions said they would take it back. Canada Post attempted delivery today, but there was no one to sign for it, so they will retry tomorrow.
And now I am really anxious to see if they will try to go back on their word again. I'm am really waiting for resolution on that, before taking my business somewhere else, don't want any pending charges on my name.
Sep 28, 2020
61 posts
34 upvotes
Laval
Hellordfdeals wrote: I have all chatting history but they say no, they are outrageous.

I would definitely keep on trying (and reporting them wherever you can). Hopefully you'll get someone who is decent enough to at least agree to take the phone back.