Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin 50gb - $45 (24 months) NEW activations ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2022 8:06 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15167 posts
4970 upvotes
VANCOUVER
pigcat wrote: To my knowledge, out of the sub brands only virgin mobile has it. I’m using it rn with virgin. It’s called number share.
Apparently at this time number share is only available for iPhone and Google phones.
Oct 17, 2021
10 posts
5 upvotes
TheHutt wrote: For your number share Watch plan with Virgin+, does it share the data from your mobile phone plan?
It's under the same plan so both watch and phone are using data from the same pool.
Rogido wrote: Apparently at this time number share is only available for iPhone and Google phones.
The downside of sub brands...Crying Face
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1211 posts
691 upvotes
Victoria
This is available through Costco, Iphone 13 for a few dollars a month and $300 Costco GC.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38211 posts
24392 upvotes
Center of Universe
mwahahaa wrote: This is available through Costco, Iphone 13 for a few dollars a month and $300 Costco GC.
How much is “a few dollars” a month?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1211 posts
691 upvotes
Victoria
vkizzle wrote: How much is “a few dollars” a month?
Actually its an Iphone 12 for $1.13 per month.
Mar 11, 2011
131 posts
46 upvotes
Surrey
mwahahaa wrote: Actually its an Iphone 12 for $1.13 per month.
Costco wireless is offering Virgin $45/50 with iPhone 12 for $1.13 per month with a $300 gift card? Will have to stop by and see because it’s a better deal than Walmart with the iPhone 11.
Mar 11, 2011
131 posts
46 upvotes
Surrey
mwahahaa wrote: Actually its an Iphone 12 for $1.13 per month.
Must be store specific because at the Surrey Costco wireless both the iPhone 12 and 13 are both $20.
Jul 17, 2010
348 posts
376 upvotes
Did anyone able to unlock their SIM for iPhone with 24 month plan?
Dec 22, 2007
96 posts
74 upvotes
Kingston
What a crappy experience signing up with Virgin online.

1) Order made on Saturday for the $65/month ($20 discount for 24 months, so $45/month) 50Gb plan + iPhone 13 for $20/month, $50 connection fee waived + $50 bill credit (as per their web site)

2) Agreement generated and sent by Virgin on Monday had no mention of the $20 discount or the $50 bill credit, and listed the $50 connection fee

Trying to reach customer service has been beyond painful. I spoke/chatted with 5 (!) reps, and each exchange was out of this world ridiculous/surreal. First, to "validate" me, they all wanted to send a text to the number that Virgin generated that I obviously have no access to. None of them knew when I signed up. None of them had access to my agreement. None of them were aware of the BFCM promotions that are still on their website, and I had to walk all of them through the checkout process so they could see the $20 discount and the connection fee/bill credit blurb.

I was transferred from chat to the phone "loyalty" department to verify the $50 credit and the waived connection fee just to be greeted by someone who promptly dropped the line. After calling back and going through the regular customer service who once again asked the same questions, I was transferred to the (lucky #5) lady who said she "was like loyalty" and who then spent 40 minutes trying to figure out what was going on. In the end, **drum roll**, she also told me she had to "validate" me by sending an SMS to the nonexistent number before she could send something to the "back office". I almost lost it there. While I can't verify it, she did manage to put notes on my account + send something to the back office.

I think I had a very similar experience when signing up with Bell Fibe. Dealing with completely incompetent and clueless reps from some South Asian (read: Indian) call centers was like getting a root canal without anesthesia (yes, I know what it feels like).
Dec 1, 2018
160 posts
255 upvotes
bundy5555 wrote: Did anyone able to unlock their SIM for iPhone with 24 month plan?
Use you active virgin sim to activate iphone. Make at least one call and one text. It should automatically unlock.

For those couldn't remove iphone carrier lock with an active virgin sim card, call 611 and speak to the unlocking team. They will unlock the phone from their end. It takes 10min to few hours to activate. If some1 tell you their can't unlock because you are on 24 month plan, just hang up and speak to some1 else.
Dec 1, 2018
160 posts
255 upvotes
Thanks for posting. Wasn't able to get the plan from fido or Koodo because no stock. Got 2 iphone 11 from Koodo instead. With the Walmart GC and phone sell, it comes down to $13/line/month for 50gb. What a great deal.
Jun 1, 2017
860 posts
763 upvotes
Mississauga
So my iphone11 just arrived with a new sim card. Why would I need a new sim? Can i not just use current one to get upgraded to new plan without opening new phone?
Dec 11, 2007
291 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if opening a 2nd line gives a discount to the 1st line?
Oct 30, 2022
17 posts
8 upvotes
You get add on line discount of $5 monthly as long as add on line is continued in the same account
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15167 posts
4970 upvotes
VANCOUVER
projectman44 wrote: So my iphone11 just arrived with a new sim card. Why would I need a new sim? Can i not just use current one to get upgraded to new plan without opening new phone?
You don't need or have to use the new sim card. But it's free, for future use. A freebie is never a bad thing.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1048 posts
667 upvotes
GTA
Sid7643 wrote: Thanks for posting. Wasn't able to get the plan from fido or Koodo because no stock. Got 2 iphone 11 from Koodo instead. With the Walmart GC and phone sell, it comes down to $13/line/month for 50gb. What a great deal.
What a deal! Hopefully BXD will be better deal also as all iPhone 11 are OOS.
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15167 posts
4970 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Virgin data is supposed to be capped at 150 mbps, but I just ran a speed test at my office. Still pulled about 300 DL and 55 UL. Not bad! The highest DL I've ever gotten at the office was 400 DL on my old "uncapped" plan, but most have been in the 250-300 range.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)