Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Home internet (ON) 100 M for $37.5, 50M for $30 with $150 GC and $50 in-store credit Updated (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2021 10:27 am
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11264 upvotes
Nauth wrote: Those were my directions Face With Tears Of Joy it puts it in bridge like mode but still creates the double NAT. Has anyone called into virgin to get there modem/router "Steve" into bridge mode?
No, it doesn't.

I don't think you understand what 'double NAT' is.

By putting the PPPoE credentials into your router in PPPoE mode it effectively is connected directly to the internet (the modem is just creating Ethernet packets that it's forwarding to your router). No double NAT involved.

If OTOH you set your router to connect by DHCP, then yes, you have a double NAT situation.
May 22, 2013
53 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
I cancelled my Virgin 50mbit internet on december 30th. I waited for a confirmation email until today. Since it didn't come I called to see what happened.

Turns out they never even cancelled my internet. The agent said he would track down the previous agent who made the mistake and find out what happened.

Repeatedly they tried to get me to not cancel. I gave them the opportunity to match Fido's deal but they wouldn't. So I gave them the boot. But then they even screwed that up.
Dec 8, 2013
887 posts
1347 upvotes
If I want multiple access points in the house, would it make sense to simply disable wifi on Steve and connect two routers in AP mode to its LAN ports? So Steve would still do NAT, DHCP while the other routers in the home simply acted as APs with the same SSID and password.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11264 upvotes
CanadaCool wrote: If I want multiple access points in the house, would it make sense to simply disable wifi on Steve and connect two routers in AP mode to its LAN ports? So Steve would still do NAT, DHCP while the other routers in the home simply acted as APs with the same SSID and password.
Yes, although beware that most WIFI clients are rather poor at choosing the right AP when you move around. You'll need a mesh system to fix that problem.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2412 posts
181 upvotes
repatch wrote: Probably not too many, I'd say it's more common that service can't be provisioned because the cables in the ground have gotten so bad (that was my case, they had to dig a new line).

As for 'time wasting', I think you forget that we're dealing with Bell. They are, and have always been, stuck in 'incumbent mode'. They don't perceive any competition because, to be frank, they don't really have competition. So they act as if you, the customer, are LUCKY that they will offer you any kind of service. EVERYTHING they do seems to revolve around that state of mind.

So 'time wasting'? Their position is you're lucky they even tried.
Bhell is a pos company. VM made me call Bhell.

I have to stick with Cable. I hate them with a passion.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
anyone able to get the GC from the chat agent?

The current offer via chat is 45+ tax 100m. ... I'm going to call them for a better deal
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11264 upvotes
teleguitar wrote: Bhell is a pos company. VM made me call Bhell.

VM IS Bell, it's a subsidiary of Bell.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2412 posts
181 upvotes
repatch wrote: Probably not too many, I'd say it's more common that service can't be provisioned because the cables in the ground have gotten so bad (that was my case, they had to dig a new line).

As for 'time wasting', I think you forget that we're dealing with Bell. They are, and have always been, stuck in 'incumbent mode'. They don't perceive any competition because, to be frank, they don't really have competition. So they act as if you, the customer, are LUCKY that they will offer you any kind of service. EVERYTHING they do seems to revolve around that state of mind.

So 'time wasting'? Their position is you're lucky they even tried.
Bhell is a pos company. VM made me call Bhell.

Sep 9, 2007
377 posts
431 upvotes
Burlington
I canceled my bell on Jan 1 after I got my Virgin internet.
My service was not cancelled until Bell received the modem on Jan 5.
Many years ago I had bell home phone, they will send my bill for international calls when I had put a block on the services.
I ended up writing to CRTC.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2412 posts
181 upvotes
ultraman8888 wrote: Is the $35 / 100mbps & $150 GC offer still valid?
For VM?

Probably not. People were talking about it being expired last week. Or if the discount is still available, the GC is no longer offered.

You can always try. Try to make an appointment with a CS Rep at a Virgin Mobile store or wireless Wave kiosk. If you call, call the store, not the main VM #.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1864 posts
6078 upvotes
Toronto
$150 gc offer ended around January 1st and this thread was moved to expired deals.
Discounted internet likely still available in person at Virgin store.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
At best you might get 50% off the list price and $50 gift card. Thats what they offered me yesterday as I was canceling. What a joke. Offer me less than December offer to try to keep me.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3456 posts
3341 upvotes
Was given the brutal run around by Virgin CSR - Was told initially that the $50 promo wasn't available to Ontario residents and only Quebec residents. Then was told I couldn't speak to a supervisor and was denied his employee ID so I could follow up.

And then after I told him I could sign up for the promo code on the website and he told me that he couldn't apply both the $25 bill credit and the $50 prepaid visa card promo. When I asked him why he told me it wasn't available in Ontario 5 minutes prior, he told me that he was "mistaken". When I declined to sign up he asked me why, and I told him that I didn't like underhanded sneaky sales tactics and would rather pay more for another service.

The chat was horrendous. CSR kept speaking over me telling me about their TV promo deal after I repeatedly told him I didn't want television.

I may be paying more for Teksavvy but at least I feel like I'm speaking to a human being as opposed to a bot in India.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2019
1418 posts
343 upvotes
Were you guys able to register a new account before actual installation on virgin mobile website using the account number provided in order email??

My installation is scheduled in few days but I am not able to register account on their website... I am trying this because I was told I can register even before actual activation by the store rep who placed my order.
Oct 22, 2016
43 posts
30 upvotes
After 24 hours of installation you'll get a conformation email with your account number and phone number. Only afterwards you'll be able to register.
Jan 18, 2015
34 posts
37 upvotes
ON
Niccus wrote: Can somebody help me understand VM's billing cycles?

I signed up on December 20 for the service to start on December 31. This morning I logged into my account and saw the first billing period was December 2, 2020 to January 1, 2020. Seems I am already getting my first bill tomorrow (2 days in).

I understand the first bill will be prorated but does it mean I've kinda "wasted" the first of the 12 monthly credits because there were only 2 days of service in the first billing cycle?
My first billing period is Jan.2 to Feb 1 with Partial charges from Dec. 31- Jan.1
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
Kyle12345 wrote: Is Valerie or Steve the latest and better modem? Thanks.
Valerie is the better one between the two.
Sep 15, 2018
439 posts
90 upvotes
addicted2it wrote: Valerie is the better one between the two.
Ah, thanks. Are the technicians pretty receptive to modem requests when they arrive?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)