Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Home internet 100 M for $45, 50M for $40 with Bill credit YMMV (now with $100 GC)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2020 5:47 pm
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
997 posts
246 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: Just called virgin and upgraded my 50 Mbps package to the 100Mbps package with $150 bill credit

I wonder what's gonna happen to my one phone jack
Well I'll call back and hope to get $150 bill credit
Newbie
Nov 25, 2015
18 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP...got the 100Mbps for $45 with the $50 gift card
Sr. Member
Dec 28, 2010
656 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Same here, got 100Mbps , $45 + $50Card..
..Rep says $150 card is valid for existing mobile customer "AND" getting a TV bundle.
Member
Mar 30, 2013
336 posts
139 upvotes
Petawawa
this deal was pretty easy to get. Upvoted.
No shenanigans.
Fido was also offering me the same deal but with their 150M service.
Sr. Member
Dec 28, 2010
656 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Deal_Or_Nodeal_17 wrote: @BengaliPrince - I have 100/10 Virgin recently installed (pair). I called them many times already to convert to Bridge Mode or provide me PPPoE cred. as recommended by @repatch but no luck. The only option i have left now is to use my tp-link in access point mode and lose most of its features.

If you haven't yet subscribed and bridge mode is must for you i would NOT recommend signing up with Virgin. There customer service is very poor too IMO.

I am already considering cancelling it now but first i need to find another deal.
Seems PPPoE cred is needed to go for bridge mode.

Have setup next week. When the tech comes, would they just provide cred or will be reluctant as it's a company policy not to?
Have a Asus 86u and happy with the coverage so far, don't want to ditch it.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3399 posts
691 upvotes
These deals are great. But so hard to get
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5812 posts
5414 upvotes
Karma2000 wrote: Seems PPPoE cred is needed to go for bridge mode.

Have setup next week. When the tech comes, would they just provide cred or will be reluctant as it's a company policy not to?
Have a Asus 86u and happy with the coverage so far, don't want to ditch it.
Tech is supposed to give it to you. No company policy against it.
Sr. Member
Nov 21, 2008
730 posts
199 upvotes
I currently have Virgin internet and my promo for 50% off just expired. What is the best route forward?

Should I call and attempt to have them apply this promo to my account going forward?

or would it be easier to just sign up for a new account with them (using this promo) and cancel my current internet.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2232 posts
510 upvotes
Halton
Does the 100Mbps support own router? I heard their 100M is one duel dsl line which only support by their Steve or valerie (router).
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1948 posts
1398 upvotes
Toronto
I setup my virgin service and although it doesn't have an actual bridge mode it works fine.

I factory reset the Steve modem.

Put the PPPoE credentials into my ASUS router (ac3100). You must ask your install tech for them because customer service will almost always refuse to give you it.

Disabled everything on the Steve modem including DHCP

Plugged router WAN into Ethernet 1 on Steve. Internet works fine getting max speed via router
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2232 posts
510 upvotes
Halton
BengaliPrince wrote: I setup my virgin service and although it doesn't have an actual bridge mode it works fine.

I factory reset the Steve modem.

Put the PPPoE credentials into my ASUS router (ac3100). You must ask your install tech for them because customer service will almost always refuse to give you it.

Disabled everything on the Steve modem including DHCP

Plugged router WAN into Ethernet 1 on Steve. Internet works fine getting max speed via router
Just one dial pppoe? I thought one dsl dial up give you 50Mbps. For 100, you need two lines.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1948 posts
1398 upvotes
Toronto
Fire wrote: Just one dial pppoe? I thought one dsl dial up give you 50Mbps. For 100, you need two lines.
there's one line going from my wall and it connects to some splitter thing which makes it become two phone lines, both of which plug into the Steve modem.

Then I have one Ethernet cable going from the Steve modem ETHERNET 1 into the WAN port of my router.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)