Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Home Internet 100 mps $45 + $100 Visa card

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2020 12:31 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
8 posts
6 upvotes
London

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Home Internet 100 mps $45 + $100 Visa card

My home internet provider, Fido, just raised my bill by $16 a month to $57 a month for 75 mbs unlimited. Contacted Virgin and got an unpublished rate through online chat of 100 mbs unlimited for $70 - $25 discount per month for 1 year + $100 Visa card. No contract, no extra fees. First time posting in a while. Just wanted to share as I use RFD all the time and wanted to try and share! Let me know if anyone can find a better deal.
12 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2004
1187 posts
392 upvotes
GTA
You have made a rookie mistake. You should have read this thread first before you signed up with Virgin Mobile. You could have signed up for the same plan through Wireless Wave and pay $35 per month + receive a $150 Prepaid Visa Card + a $50 Wireless Wave in-store credit. You should contact Virgin Mobile to cancel your order and place a new order through Wireless Wave.

virgin-mobile-virgin-home-internet-100- ... v-2402183/
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
8 posts
6 upvotes
London
Thank you spyhero! I will try Wireless Wave and see what happens. This is why I love RFD!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3026 posts
2275 upvotes
Toronto
spyhero wrote: You have made a rookie mistake. You should have read this thread first before you signed up with Virgin Mobile. You could have signed up for the same plan through Wireless Wave and pay $35 per month + receive a $150 Prepaid Visa Card + a $50 Wireless Wave in-store credit. You should contact Virgin Mobile to cancel your order and place a new order through Wireless Wave.

virgin-mobile-virgin-home-internet-100- ... v-2402183/
Didn't that deal expire?
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
8 posts
6 upvotes
London
Hey spyhero, I had a look at Wireless Wave but could not find the deal your were referring to. Can you send the link?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2004
1187 posts
392 upvotes
GTA
CareyK wrote: Thank you spyhero! I will try Wireless Wave and see what happens. This is why I love RFD!
No problem! If you want to stay with Fido, they also have 75u/150u internet for $32.50/$37.50 per month for 12 months + receive a $150 Prepaid Mastercard promotion. You will also receive a $50 Walmart gift card (you need to buy a network related item but can return right after) if you sign up at Walmart. Just sign up using a family member's name, a new email address. Do not tell them you are an existing Fido internet customer.

fido-fido-150m-37-50-plus-150-gift-card ... n-2420912/
Last edited by spyhero on Dec 25th, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 29, 2004
1187 posts
392 upvotes
GTA
CareyK wrote: Hey spyhero, I had a look at Wireless Wave but could not find the deal your were referring to. Can you send the link?
There is no link. It is not advertised. Please read the thread. You need to sign up in store.
Newbie
Dec 8, 2007
22 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
CareyK wrote: Hey spyhero, I had a look at Wireless Wave but could not find the deal your were referring to. Can you send the link?
Pretty sure the deal at wireless wave will last until end of the year. Call a wireless wave tomorrow.
Jr. Member
Jul 22, 2007
144 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Could someone summarize this? Which one would be the most economical if for a connection for IPTV only (no other high bandwidth use)?
Would you think Fido-Walmart > Virgin-Wireless-Wave > Teksavvy and the likes ?
Thanks.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 16, 2009
881 posts
69 upvotes
sintox wrote: Could someone summarize this? Which one would be the most economical if for a connection for IPTV only (no other high bandwidth use)?
Would you think Fido-Walmart > Virgin-Wireless-Wave > Teksavvy and the likes ?
Thanks.
I'd go with Virgin if you're Ok with the speeds they offer. VDSL or FTTH (depending on your setup with Virgin) speeds/latency are more consistent then cable. But Fido does offer faster speed at 150Mbit if that's more important.
Jr. Member
Jul 22, 2007
144 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks. Does anybody know if 50M is enough with leg room for 2 simultaneous stream running IPTV 780p ?
sqrl wrote: I'd go with Virgin if you're Ok with the speeds they offer. VDSL or FTTH (depending on your setup with Virgin) speeds/latency are more consistent then cable. But Fido does offer faster speed at 150Mbit if that's more important.
Sr. Member
Jan 1, 2009
811 posts
420 upvotes
sintox wrote: Thanks. Does anybody know if 50M is enough with leg room for 2 simultaneous stream running IPTV 780p ?
Should be, just make sure you have your own router and put the modem into bridge mode. The VM router is garbage.
Entering Cryptocurrency World

rfd-cryptocurrency-mega-thread-2159377/176/#p34276180

1 - Ramp fiat -Shakepay/Newton
2 - Banking -Cryptodotcom (Credit Card ) / Celsius (SAV account)
3 - Investment -Defi Projects (ETH, BSC)

Top