Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Internet $30 50mps Unlimited for 12 mths

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:50 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5331 posts
3349 upvotes
thecomputer wrote: I have Bell FTTH Fibe 150 plan at the moment. Wondering, if I were to go for this offer, would it be DSL or FTTH? As far as I know, Bell doesn't offer DSL installs after a FTTH deployment is complete for the building/house. So in that case, would this effectively be FTTH?
If you have FTTH, I think you can still order. They just throttle the speeds
Aug 16, 2013
508 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
discostar wrote: Same happened to me. They keep pushing Steve modem for new customers. I think that they may have a lot of Steve modems
and do not want to offer Valerie before getting rid of Steve.
I think that technician may install Valerie if he has one in the truck and customer asks for it.
Valerie is the latest modem and it has better wifi range than Steve. They have had Steve for years.

Called again and was informed our technical department cannot offer it to you as your home lines don't support it. Meanwhile, I have Bell Home Hub 3000 which is the same modem as Valerie :-)
Apr 25, 2017
751 posts
607 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They are offering first 3 months free as well for 50mps Unlimited, can you tell me why did you choose the 50% off offer over this?

I mean even if you have first 3 months free and you can still negotiate with the price near 3 months mark, right?
Aug 12, 2017
601 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
RobbieL3164 wrote: They are offering first 3 months free as well for 50mps Unlimited, can you tell me why did you choose the 50% off offer over this?

I mean even if you have first 3 months free and you can still negotiate with the price near 3 months mark, right?
I don’t think that Virgin will have 50% discount for ever. Most likely it will end on last day of April.
Aug 12, 2017
601 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
roofgoof wrote: Called again and was informed our technical department cannot offer it to you as your home lines don't support it. Meanwhile, I have Bell Home Hub 3000 which is the same modem as Valerie :-)
Looks that Virgin uses Valerie only for FTTH connection and Steve for FTTN. Unfortunate but for $30 a month I can live with that.
Nov 30, 2006
55 posts
3 upvotes
Parts Unknown
Not available in Milton, only 5mbs.
Thanks for nothing Virgin/ BellFace With Look Of Triumph
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1067 posts
193 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
why is Valarie better than Steve?
Aug 12, 2017
601 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
pcboy wrote: why is Valarie better than Steve?
Basically it is the latest Virgin modem with more internal antennas for better wifi coverage and has battery back up option as well.
May 9, 2005
129 posts
32 upvotes
TORO
Thanks for posting this!!! signed up my parents, install scheduled for Tuesday
Mar 8, 2010
52 posts
48 upvotes
Steve = Home Hub 2000
Valérie = Home Hub 3000
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1383 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone who cares, I was able to switch my current promo of 3 months free to this 50% off for 12 months promo instead.
I wasn't given the option to keep both, but they were able to convert me.. (i've only been with virgin for less than a month thus far)
Apr 25, 2017
751 posts
607 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kid_icarus wrote: For anyone who cares, I was able to switch my current promo of 3 months free to this 50% off for 12 months promo instead.
I wasn't given the option to keep both, but they were able to convert me.. (i've only been with virgin for less than a month thus far)
Just curious, for the first 3 months free, they gave you like $180 credit, when you switched to 50% off offer, did they take back the credit?
May 3, 2017
36 posts
11 upvotes
oldschool99 wrote: Not available in Milton, only 5mbs.
Thanks for nothing Virgin/ BellFace With Look Of Triumph

I just got free 3 months 50mb deal in milton last week. I'm near derry and ontario not sure where you are in milton.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1067 posts
193 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
just got the Valerie modem/Home Hub 3000. This thing is amazing, I m getting consistent wifi signal on my 3rd floor, and the modem is all the way down in the basement.

Thanks for those who posted this deal!!!