Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Internet $30 50mps Unlimited for 12 mths

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:50 pm
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
pcboy wrote: just got the Valerie modem/Home Hub 3000. This thing is amazing, I m getting consistent wifi signal on my 3rd floor, and the modem is all the way down in the basement.

Thanks for those who posted this deal!!!
Is your connection FTTH or FTTN.
Feb 6, 2016
498 posts
316 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
virgin's steve modem have weak wifi signal compared to my old hub 2000 which was covered all my home area without any issue despite both modem are the same but it seems sending steve to new client with defect issue ill buy wifi extender without begging valerie modem
Oct 4, 2010
237 posts
194 upvotes
Torontoish
RobbieL3164 wrote: Just curious, for the first 3 months free, they gave you like $180 credit, when you switched to 50% off offer, did they take back the credit?
Also on 3 months free. Was not given as a $180 credit. I get a $60 credit each bill.
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
hagopb wrote: virgin's steve modem have weak wifi signal compared to my old hub 2000 which was covered all my home area without any issue despite both modem are the same but it seems sending steve to new client with defect issue ill buy wifi extender without begging valerie modem
This is my theory as well that Virgin modems are not exactly the same as Bell modems. I used to have both Home Hub 2000 and HH 3000 and both had worked really good. If I have to I will use router that I already have so no big deal for me to put Steve in bridge mode. I will try to talk technician into installing Valerie but I have doubts it will be possible as Virgin rep told me that they don’t install Valerie in FTTN homes.
Will find out in a few days.
Feb 6, 2016
498 posts
316 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
discostar wrote: This is my theory as well that Virgin modems are not exactly the same as Bell modems. I used to have both Home Hub 2000 and HH 3000 and both had worked really good. If I have to I will use router that I already have so no big deal for me to put Steve in bridge mode. I will try to talk technician into installing Valerie but I have doubts it will be possible as Virgin rep told me that they don’t install Valerie in FTTN homes.
Will find out in a few days.
It not easy i think to make hh2000 as bridge if im not wrong
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1855 posts
549 upvotes
Ottawa
My uncle got this plan. He is with virgin now and threaten to cancel. They give home 12 month.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1855 posts
549 upvotes
Ottawa
hagopb wrote: It not easy i think to make hh2000 as bridge if im not wrong
Go with hub1000 if you want bridge mode. I tried many times on hub2000 and no go. I saw a post about hub1000 Bridge mode in RFD before, only a few easy steps.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Jul 20, 2017
615 posts
715 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote: For anyone who cares, I was able to switch my current promo of 3 months free to this 50% off for 12 months promo instead.
I wasn't given the option to keep both, but they were able to convert me.. (i've only been with virgin for less than a month thus far)
Lucky.
I called before I knew about this promo as I was going to switch to Cannets $35/month (30+5 modem rental) and asked if they could match. They said of you mean the 50$ off deal... So I asked politely for that. Told me new customers only.

Called back a week later and politely asked for it after seeing some people in this thread get it. New customers only. Got a manager.. Same thing. They really don't want to give me it and lie saying no existing customers ever got it.

Thought they were supposed to treat me "really good" like there call center answering voice claims..

Maybe ill try bell to see if they'll match.. Else yea Virgin was behavior really foolish to spend probably $100+ on install fees (They had to come twice, 2nd time with there best senior technician as my house was ancient and required a full complicated install), and give me free service 3 months and never get a dime out of me. I'm on month 2, a week in, though tried as early as just after my first bill.
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
kanata2004 wrote: Go with hub1000 if you want bridge mode. I tried many times on hub2000 and no go. I saw a post about hub1000 Bridge mode in RFD before, only a few easy steps.
That is too bad. I guess I will test Steve’s wifi before technician leaves. If there is no connectivity to my tv in the basement then I just might ask technician to take the hardware back with him unless he installs Valerie. I have no problem going with another provider as well if I have to.
Feb 6, 2016
498 posts
316 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
discostar wrote: That is too bad. I guess I will test Steve’s wifi before technician leaves. If there is no connectivity to my tv in the basement then I just might ask technician to take the hardware back with him unless he installs Valerie. I have no problem going with another provider as well if I have to.
when he come to install insist from the beginning to hh3000
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
hagopb wrote: when he come to install insist from the beginning to hh3000
I am not sure if it can be done. Virgin tech told me on the phone that it is not possible to install Valerie with FTTN connection because Valerie is not set up to work with FTTN. The more I talk to Virgin the more it sounds like talking to Bell. You can never get straight answer. So far no one has verified on this forum that they have had Valerie installed with FTTN connection.
Last edited by discostar on Apr 21st, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
1946 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Teksavvy is only 5 bucks more a month and it's for more than a year
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
CDNPatriot wrote: Teksavvy is only 5 bucks more a month and it's for more than a year
But Virgin is only $30 for 12 months.