Expired Hot Deals

[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Internet $30 50mps Unlimited for 12 mths

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:50 pm
Feb 6, 2016
495 posts
316 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
discostar wrote: I am not sure if it can be done. Virgin tech told me on the phone that it is not possible to install Valerie with FTTN connection because Valerie is not set up to work with FTTN. The more I talk to Virgin the more it sounds like talking to Bell. You can never get straight answer. So far no one has verified on this forum that they have had Valerie installed with FTTN connection.
valerie work on fttn connection but because we are talking about 50/unlimited which is slow it is steve's job to do as i believe
Oct 2, 2010
97 posts
83 upvotes
Ontario
There's nothing from a technical standpoint preventing Virgin from issuing Valerie on FTTN, but reps aren't given the option when placing orders (Steve is the only option for FTTN and Valerie for FTTH)

Each of these, as far as I know, are refurbished HH2000/3000 respectively. I suspect they are saving Valerie for FTTH because it includes the ONT.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1831 posts
549 upvotes
Ottawa
What's Valerie? New firmware?
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Jun 10, 2016
335 posts
271 upvotes
Durham
they gave me Steve and said Valerie is not available for the type of Internet I have at my place.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1263 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
RobbieL3164 wrote: Just curious, for the first 3 months free, they gave you like $180 credit, when you switched to 50% off offer, did they take back the credit?
To be honest i haven't seen the credits yet officially? i just saw that my first month bill was free but didn't see a credit existing. It appears my 3 months free is being applied on a month to month basis.
Mar 22, 2018
58 posts
26 upvotes
traktion wrote: Hows the latency on this service, I like to play a few fps online.

Essentially its DSL if I'm reading this right? Unlimited i'm skeptical if they start throttling after X GBs.

Availability check https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/internet ... ernet.html
I used to be with virgin (for more than a year).
On average I used 900GB per month some months even higher. I have never seen my speed being throttled
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3158 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is this deal a 12 month term? I mean if you go with 50% off per month or 3 months free deal, do you have to commit to any terms? I don't like to be locked into any contracts or terms, please advise anyone who got the service.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Apr 9, 2015
239 posts
145 upvotes
lamboman wrote: Is this deal a 12 month term? I mean if you go with 50% off per month or 3 months free deal, do you have to commit to any terms? I don't like to be locked into any contracts or terms, please advise anyone who got the service.
It's a no commitment offer. Cancel anytime without penalty. Basically they are giving you $30 credit/mo for 12 months. After 12 months, price goes up to $60.
Aug 12, 2017
601 posts
145 upvotes
Mississauga
EmmEmm wrote: they gave me Steve and said Valerie is not available for the type of Internet I have at my place.
They said the same to me but I insisted and got Valerie with FTTN connection.
Jun 10, 2016
335 posts
271 upvotes
Durham
discostar wrote: They said the same to me but I insisted and got Valerie with FTTN connection.
nice, I cancelled the installation and went ahead with FIDO 75MBps for 32.50 per month.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14710 posts
2709 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
I think I'll cancel my 500u with rogers and get this. In real-world practical usage, it makes no difference. I have FTTH at home anyways
Dec 8, 2012
24 posts
10 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Had it for 3 days and cancelled it. They will only send Steve modem which is Terrible. Reps are not trained on sending Valerie and will find all the reason not to send. I was in bell 3000 model before switching. Rep said Valerie would not work which is complete bs. They will not give better model for this deal
Jan 13, 2017
15 posts
4 upvotes
I had this installed last Monday, took 2 hours because the guy had to drill and feed through a new wire (it's fibre optic I believe he said), I have the Valerie modem as well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)