[Virgin Mobile] Virgin Internet $30 50mps Unlimited for 12 mths

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:50 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1669 posts
1392 upvotes
Toronto
smanmit2 wrote: Had it for 3 days and cancelled it. They will only send Steve modem which is Terrible. Reps are not trained on sending Valerie and will find all the reason not to send. I was in bell 3000 model before switching. Rep said Valerie would not work which is complete bs. They will not give better model for this deal
Steve modem terrible? They both are practically the same. You won't notice any significant dip in performance between Steven and Valerie on Virgin.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Nov 20, 2009
356 posts
141 upvotes
Welland
kanata2004 wrote: Go with hub1000 if you want bridge mode. I tried many times on hub2000 and no go. I saw a post about hub1000 Bridge mode in RFD before, only a few easy steps.
I just recently had my service installed a few days ago. I also received the Steve modem. I had to call in and ask for the modem to be put in bridge mode. You must call in to do it, as they will have you reset the modem and change the password and login credentials on their end, and then you enter the login information on your own router.

I don't know if the tech can do it at the time of installation, but you can ask. If not just call and they will walk you through the process.
Aug 12, 2017
602 posts
146 upvotes
Mississauga
smanmit2 wrote: Had it for 3 days and cancelled it. They will only send Steve modem which is Terrible. Reps are not trained on sending Valerie and will find all the reason not to send. I was in bell 3000 model before switching. Rep said Valerie would not work which is complete bs. They will not give better model for this deal
The only reason for not getting Valerie modem is cost. Most likely Virgin wants to use cheaper and probably refurbished modem Steve that they have plenty in stock. On the phone at first I was told that it is not technically possible for FTTN connection which is not true at all.
I was ready to cancel the installation if I did not get the Valerie modem because I had HH 3000 with Bell before and the wireless coverage was great. I am very happy with Valerie as it performs the same as HH 3000
Dec 4, 2017
154 posts
95 upvotes
Yonge Street
Any one else get some "cheesy" stickers with their modem?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2843 posts
870 upvotes
Is the $30/month deal still active?
Nov 13, 2009
598 posts
121 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
jt05mi wrote: Is the $30/month deal still active?
I just went to their site, punched in my info, asked live chat and yes..$30 a month +tx for 12 mths
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2843 posts
870 upvotes
Techmann wrote: I just went to their site, punched in my info, asked live chat and yes..$30 a month +tx for 12 mths
Thanks Techmann!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1277 posts
699 upvotes
ottawa
So, this might be an amusing tale for anyone switching internet providers but I was previously with Fido, asked a live chat rep to match the Virgin internet promo of $30/mo for 12 months 2 months ago and he said the best he could do was give me 2 months free, good enough for now. Then I called back a month ago and Fido wouldn't budge as their $32.50/mo deal is for new activations only, fine, set my internet up to cancel on June 1 and Virgin scheduled to install 5-8pm the same day.

Get a call at 12pm on June 1 from Virgin saying no one is home - no kidding cause the schedule was 5-8pm. Apparently they screwed the schedule up and they had no more techs available that evening so they would come between 8-12 in the morning the next day. 12:30pm no one has come. I called Virgin to ask what's up and they said a tech was out at 830am and no one answered - lie because I have motion sensing cameras. They schedule a new setup the next day from 5-8pm. I get fed up and bring my modem back to Fido to return it and ask if they'll reactivate on the 32.50/mo plan now that I'm 'no longer a customer', and surprisingly they do... So, call Virgin to cancel the order and they process that. Low and behold at 6pm today some tech from Bell shows up to install internet at my place, after I had canceled so told them I went back with Fido and try again properly in the future.

I personally don't know who to be more annoyed at, Virgin for messing up the setup delivery windows 3 times or Fido for being willing to let me cancel over a promotional plan. Oh well, will be back at it again in 12 months.
Oct 19, 2013
350 posts
59 upvotes
Called in yesterday to cancel to move to the Teksavvy Epic deal...after some back and forth they gave me 12m $30 deal.

I'm currently in a full price billing period (my 3 free months just expired) and they gave me a $30 credit so lost out on taxes. Technically got 13m at $30. Hope this helps.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5957 posts
1784 upvotes
Montreal
Hey all, is this a good option for a temporary internet connection? Can someone use this at home for 3-4 weeks and then cancel?
Jul 9, 2014
646 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto, ON
psyko514 wrote: Hey all, is this a good option for a temporary internet connection? Can someone use this at home for 3-4 weeks and then cancel?
Also interested in this, I have relative coming for 2 months and they will live in my other house. Need to set up the internet there for them,
Oct 19, 2013
350 posts
59 upvotes
cam1982 wrote: Also interested in this, I have relative coming for 2 months and they will live in my other house. Need to set up the internet there for them,
Cheaper if you get the 1 month free promo if it's short term. There's no contract.
Nov 23, 2012
305 posts
74 upvotes
JavierX wrote: Any one else get some "cheesy" stickers with their modem?
Yes I put the sunglasses on Steve , at least he's not winking at me anymore.
Nov 23, 2012
305 posts
74 upvotes
discostar wrote: The only reason for not getting Valerie modem is cost. Most likely Virgin wants to use cheaper and probably refurbished modem Steve that they have plenty in stock. On the phone at first I was told that it is not technically possible for FTTN connection which is not true at all.
I was ready to cancel the installation if I did not get the Valerie modem because I had HH 3000 with Bell before and the wireless coverage was great. I am very happy with Valerie as it performs the same as HH 3000
Did you get Valerie through the tech or phone agent?