Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Internet $40 50/10 or $45 100/10

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2021 10:17 am
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1172 posts
1626 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
Ok will do that approach. Thanks.
cftw123 wrote: No. I told them exactly what I was going to do and they were actually helpful in cancelling and starting a new service.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
CuriousJack wrote: What number did you use? I am just with them on the phone and they cant provide the "upgrade". They offered me $20 off though from my existing plan.
Started on chat and they were able to call me directly.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
Yup looks like the base rates went up $10 since I signed up a month ago.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Feb 4, 2017
358 posts
426 upvotes
cftw123 wrote: Was on 100/10 was unable to downgrade to 50/10 to take advantage of the $35/month offer. Cancelled my service and set up new service.
How soon did you sign up after cancelling?
Jul 24, 2015
98 posts
139 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Zoughi1 wrote: How soon did you sign up after cancelling?
5-10 minutes. Same phone call just transferring between departments
Feb 4, 2017
358 posts
426 upvotes
cftw123 wrote: 5-10 minutes. Same phone call just transferring between departments
Thanks. Worked for me too!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4251 posts
2615 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Is this deal for Ontario only? I'm in QC and don't see the same offers? My current discount (25/10 for $40) is ending on the 24th. I've already tried calling but they've refused to offer a continued discount or better deal. Might be the CSRs that I dealt with but I'm finding them becoming more like Bhell - thought it would take longer... (yes, I know about Bell = Virgin).
I can't afford to save that much!
Nov 25, 2013
50 posts
22 upvotes
I would not sign up with virgin... the business practice is pathetic... they are a bunch of lying a holes
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1172 posts
1626 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
What did they do to you?
SirDealer007 wrote: I would not sign up with virgin... the business practice is pathetic... they are a bunch of lying a holes
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Customer was expecting a modem to be dropped off, but the tech wanted to come inside....that's it, that's the cause for this outrage? LMAO come on man lol....
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
I signed up for the 50/10 plan last week ($70/mo). Was only offered a $20 monthly credit for 12 mo. Wonder if there's any chance I could have them increase the credit.

But even with my current credit it's still a pretty good deal compared to the competition. Hell, they beat the competition even without the credit, I was ready to sign up not even knowing about it. They surprised me with it when I called in to order, that made it a no-brainer. Cheap, unlimited, fast enough for me, reliable, free modem, free installation, and no contract.

Just had it installed today actually. Happy with the service so far. Speedtest is just as advertised. Should have the same reliability as my previous Bell Fibe service, just at a better price. The tech even showed up in a Bell van lol
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11272 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote: I have only had cable internet (other than dial-up). I assume this is DSL. Do I need additional "dry-loop" fees or anything like that? Can I put their provided modem/router into bridge mode and just use my own equipment?
No dry loop fees.

Yes, you can use your own router, just make sure the installer gives you the PPPoE credentials for your account.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11272 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: Customer was expecting a modem to be dropped off, but the tech wanted to come inside....that's it, that's the cause for this outrage? LMAO come on man lol....
And that was after Virgin asked for a driver's license to perform a credit check, THE AUDACITY... /s
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1464 posts
1517 upvotes
I switched from Bell Fibe Gigabit to Virgin Internet 100 in December when they had their 50% off promo. Highly recommend given the consistency in connection vs cable.

Tech just came and swapped out the modem (with the same HH3000). With 100Mbps, I haven't had any issues streaming or WFH.
-
Jul 27, 2011
224 posts
131 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
LDN2012 wrote: I switched from Bell Fibe Gigabit to Virgin Internet 100 in December when they had their 50% off promo. Highly recommend given the consistency in connection vs cable.

Tech just came and swapped out the modem (with the same HH3000). With 100Mbps, I haven't had any issues streaming or WFH.
The main difference between Bell and Virgin is the provisioning of less upload. Other differences like the hops it takes are of less priority compared to Bell customers but largely go unnoticed unless you're testing specifically for it. You basically take longer to reach the destination.

Regardless though, the FTTH is very good. I'm on the 100/10 plan, speedtests show 120/12 speeds and they're sustained speeds. Not a speed boost like Rogers that last only a few seconds which mislead customers. If I download wired, I get 15MB/s consistently. If I upload wired, I get 1.5MB/s. That matches up with the speedtest results.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1585 posts
2129 upvotes
Toronto
SirDealer007 wrote: I would not sign up with virgin... the business practice is pathetic... they are a bunch of lying a holes
After reading your complaint, I don't agree with your statement. Driver's license is always required for credit check. Tech coming into house is required as well. If you don't want tech to come into house, sign up for cable internet and do self-install.

I will say however that I tried to cancel my virgin internet back in Sep. Rep said it was cancelled but I didn't receive any notification and called again and another rep said it was cancelled as well. Fast forward to next billing period and they billed me again. I called back and the rep said the account was never cancelled (I was shocked). However, they did say they will credit me back the difference and send me a cheque (which they did) now that they are cancelling for me. That was the only hiccup I had with Virgin. I think they are still better than Bell in terms of customer service.
Jun 20, 2020
39 posts
136 upvotes
Current customer and used the chat to inquire about discount. They called me and transferred me to loyalty: was unable to get the new deal of $35/50 or $40/100, but they extended my current deal of $40/50 for another year.