Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Internet $40 50/10 or $45 100/10

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2021 10:17 am
Mar 23, 2004
47195 posts
13377 upvotes
Markham
MangoSplashh wrote: I've been with Virgin internet for a few years now and I have no complaints. I can 100% recommend this company. I have their home internet 50 and I'm getting over 900 mbps download and 50 mbps upload.
wow seriously? maybe i should consider the 50 mbps function instead of 100 :lol:
Feb 4, 2017
358 posts
426 upvotes
derass wrote: So it's been a week and they never followed up with me. So I called again today, and they said they can only offer a $20 credit on the 100 MBPS plan since I'm only an existing customer. I told them how I just signed up on Mar 7 and called about the promotion on Mar 13, and they put me through to retentions. That call got disconnected. Called back and did the whole process again with a different CSR. They put me through to retentions. Waited 10 minutes on hold. The retentions person wouldn't help either. Told them this isn't going anywhere and hung up. I guess 50MBPS/$50 is as good as I'm gonna get. I give up.
I was in the same boat, signed up 4 days after the deal kicked in and CS wouldn’t budge. I didn’t have service yet so I cancelled the installation and signed up 5 minutes later with the new deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4635 posts
4894 upvotes
GTA
angel_wing0 wrote: wow seriously? maybe i should consider the 50 mbps function instead of 100 :lol:
I just got the 50/10 plan installed a few weeks ago. I get about 60 Mbps down sustained. It'll spike up to around 100.

Perfectly fast enough for the 1080p streaming I do. But I just got Game Pass Ultimate for my Xbox, and the internet could be a bit faster for that. Top tier games are like 100GB and it's about 6 hours at 60 Mbps. But I can live with waiting overnight for a new game every now and then.
Mar 23, 2004
47195 posts
13377 upvotes
Markham
derass wrote: I just got the 50/10 plan installed a few weeks ago. I get about 60 Mbps down sustained. It'll spike up to around 100.

Perfectly fast enough for the 1080p streaming I do. But I just got Game Pass Ultimate for my Xbox, and the internet could be a bit faster for that. Top tier games are like 100GB and it's about 6 hours at 60 Mbps. But I can live with waiting overnight for a new game every now and then.
Thanks, i am coming down from 150 to 100, so if 100 is super smooth maybe i will go down to 50...the $70 (for one year) difference is not huge, but it's money i can spent elsewhere.
Sep 4, 2020
12 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: Thanks, i am coming down from 150 to 100, so if 100 is super smooth maybe i will go down to 50...the $70 (for one year) difference is not huge, but it's money i can spent elsewhere.
Switch down to the 50 and pray they give you the speeds I currently have
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1652 posts
322 upvotes
do you guys get a consistent speed of 100mb with virgin?
currently with rogers paying for 300 or 500, however i consistently get lower than 100mb everytime i do a speed test
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4354 posts
1452 upvotes
Brampton
My download speeds are exactly what they quoted, but upload is only about 75%, not really an issue for me though.
So any additional speed is definitely YMMV.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
May 15, 2008
144 posts
84 upvotes
Mississauga
I've had virgin mobile for the last 12 months, as most people here I've been consistently getting 140 to 150 mbps on a 100 mbps plan at home. Experience is great, modem is great. Never had to call tech support. I tried to jump on this promo as an exisiting customer but they won't do anything for you. So I signed up for Fido Internet. When I got around to cancel, they offered a last ditch offer of $20 credit off of $70 for 12 months by then it was too late; I already had Fido installed. Then a couple days later their retention offices calls back offering $25 off of $60 on the 50 Mbps plan (the current deal?) Don't they already know it's too late and I told them my fido deal? I guess we can use this strategy to bait a retention call.
Now I am with Fido 150 mbps for $43.50 a month. No complaints so far.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2259 posts
1231 upvotes
Montreal
I'm in Quebec, paying $45 for an old 50/10 plan ($60 base rate -$15 credit). Yet now I'm looking on the website and the base rate has gone down from $60 to $50 for 50/10. I'm trying to speak to customer service to get my base rate updated and still keep my $15 credits. But I seem to have been transferred to the Philippines and they are completely clueless, repeating the obvious over and over again.

After 35 min on hold.
Agent: "Sir, I have spoken to my supervisor and it appears you are on a 50 megabit plan for $60."
Me: <kill me now>
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2259 posts
1231 upvotes
Montreal
Kasakato wrote: Virgin Mobile is running as 12-month credit promotion

25/10 is $35 after $25CR
50/10 is $35 after $35CR
100/10 is $40 after $40CR

Since this is only discount protected, if the base price changes, the final price will too. Looks like base rates were increased by $10 within the last week.

https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/hot-offe ... offer.html?
The base rate for 50/10 for downtown Montreal is now $50.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4637 upvotes
Montréal
MangoSplashh wrote: Image
Thats what speedtest is claiming
WT.....how is that like? You click and it instantly responds?
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1135 posts
737 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
scottydoesntknow99 wrote: Its Virgin fibre to the the home, lol virgin on VDSL is very ymmv
Maybe but Virgin doesn't offer that speed either down or up. It appears they have it provisioned like Bell.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8659 posts
9009 upvotes
scottydoesntknow99 wrote: Its Virgin fibre to the the home, lol virgin on VDSL is very ymmv
Actually it's not, VDSL is pretty much yay or nay, either it works, and is reliable speed wise, or it just doesn't, and you discontinue the service.
Nov 25, 2010
373 posts
212 upvotes
Downloading is fine. 10 upload is what killed it for me. Kids start trying to upload YouTube and or tiktok videos,or host minecraft servers and that 10 being all used up affects downloads surfing streaming working. Went back to bell gigabit (was very difficult process to comeback haha).
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
2892 posts
52 upvotes
am I the only one who's having a terrible experience with virgin DSL 100mbps service?

the 1st modem kept rebooting on its own.

2nd modem doing the same thing

tried powering directly from outlet, surge protector, different outlets,

even had a 2nd technician come in person and change the control at the terminal, plus new AC power adaptor, checked the dsl lines

said there's no issues he can see.

2nd modem still keeps rebooting randomly under usage.

they're now sending me a 3rd modem.

1 tech on the call explained having 2 dsl lines for 100mbps just means 2 more problems to deal with

I may have to just downgrade to 50mbps with virgin and 1 dsl line if thr problem persists after the 3rd modem and pray the 1 dsl line is stable.

but definitely a complete disaster compared to your positive experiences.

this is unbelievable that this is happening even