Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Internet $40 50/10 or $45 100/10

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2021 10:17 am
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1629 posts
779 upvotes
Ottawa
Thank you all. I'll call VM tomorrow and see if I can really get 100. Worst case I'll get 50 and save another $5. :)
Last edited by aw1883 on Mar 24th, 2021 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 30, 2009
218 posts
141 upvotes
Milton
Does the installer need to come into the house if you don't have fibre optic and it's connector yet? Or are they gonna have pnp one and feed from outside and let the owner diy?
Mar 7, 2011
31 posts
41 upvotes
derass wrote: OP, where the hell did you find that link? You can't navigate to it from Virgin's "Hot Offers" webpage as the URL implies.

I just called and tried having them increase my $20 credit from when I signed up last week to $35, and when the CSR asked where am I seeing this deal, we both struggled to try and find it on the Virgin website. I didn't want to say the link was posted on RFD. So I literally spelled out the URL for the CSR to navigate to.
Went through this same experience earlier today.

Currently on $70 for 100/10, they offered me the $20/month credit, so I took it. Realistically, paying 50 for the same and only going up 20 in a year if I forget will be far less bill shock than 40 -> 80, and it’s only a ten dollar a month difference. I can live with that.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4354 posts
1452 upvotes
Brampton
kuyaxx wrote: Does the installer need to come into the house if you don't have fibre optic and it's connector yet? Or are they gonna have pnp one and feed from outside and let the owner diy?
The installer will have to come in. I know the website says there is a self install option, but when you call they say otherwise.
Mine was a simple modem swap from the bell HH2000 to the virgin HH2000 (steve) and he still had to come in. He just watched as I did it.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Oct 19, 2013
437 posts
84 upvotes
prod wrote: The installer will have to come in. I know the website says there is a self install option, but when you call they say otherwise.
Mine was a simple modem swap from the bell HH2000 to the virgin HH2000 (steve) and he still had to come in. He just watched as I did it.
good to know. I guess I'll take the Fido deal for now then.
Apr 16, 2019
576 posts
682 upvotes
Thanks OP.

I ordered 100/10 Mbps with hh3000 router for $40/month Slightly Smiling Face

Bell wanted $60 for 150/150 Mbps including hh3000.
Feb 20, 2009
261 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
kuyaxx wrote: Does the installer need to come into the house if you don't have fibre optic and it's connector yet?
It will be a 3 hour installation (had it last week) for brand new GPON FTTH. For houses it will involve a wall punch through if existing telephone line hole can't be leveraged. My Bell install person was very skilled and the hole wasn't much bigger than the fibre cable.
Optical cables will last many decades so this will probably be your last one for all future Bell services in that house.
Oct 30, 2009
218 posts
141 upvotes
Milton
ravenjo wrote: It will be a 3 hour installation (had it last week) for brand new GPON FTTH. For houses it will involve a wall punch through if existing telephone line hole can't be leveraged. My Bell install person was very skilled and the hole wasn't much bigger than the fibre cable.
Optical cables will last many decades so this will probably be your last one for all future Bell services in that house.
Does the installer need to come inside the house (for installing the fibre connector)? Or the connector already pre-installed when they feed into the house?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2616 posts
2787 upvotes
Rx-87 wrote: am I the only one who's having a terrible experience with virgin DSL 100mbps service?

the 1st modem kept rebooting on its own.

2nd modem doing the same thing

tried powering directly from outlet, surge protector, different outlets,

even had a 2nd technician come in person and change the control at the terminal, plus new AC power adaptor, checked the dsl lines

said there's no issues he can see.

2nd modem still keeps rebooting randomly under usage.

they're now sending me a 3rd modem.

1 tech on the call explained having 2 dsl lines for 100mbps just means 2 more problems to deal with

I may have to just downgrade to 50mbps with virgin and 1 dsl line if thr problem persists after the 3rd modem and pray the 1 dsl line is stable.

but definitely a complete disaster compared to your positive experiences.

this is unbelievable that this is happening even
Keep trying until you get a good one. My first two Steve modems had the random reboot problems. Currently on my third one, rock solid for the past 4 months.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1697 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
Installed today, getting 130/11 speeds as others have said.

I'm using my eero (it works) and still fumbling around with DMZ. Is a double NAT a big deal? I did a tracert and it shows 2 private IPs before a public.

EDIT - No gaming really, a couple of comps that go through a work VPN
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8659 posts
9009 upvotes
spintheblackcircle wrote: Installed today, getting 130/11 speeds as others have said.

I'm using my eero (it works) and still fumbling around with DMZ. Is a double NAT a big deal? I did a tracert and it shows 2 private IPs before a public.

EDIT - No gaming really, a couple of comps that go through a work VPN
Double NAT used to be a big deal.

These days? As long as you setup DMZ correctly it's not really a big deal anymore.
Feb 20, 2009
261 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
kuyaxx wrote: Does the installer need to come inside the house (for installing the fibre connector)? Or the connector already pre-installed when they feed into the house?
I didn't watch how the fibre tip was done, but it had to be done manually inside the house for a new install. The optical transceiver module itself gets inserted into hh3000.
Nov 18, 2009
243 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
Ordered today. Not sure if it's true or not but rep said today is the last day for the deal.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4637 upvotes
Montréal
gur3000 wrote: Ordered today. Not sure if it's true or not but rep said today is the last day for the deal.
What did you get?

I just got off the phone w them and the deal in the OP was supposedly never offered for QC. Sucks.

EDIT: the sales was so robotic and pushy, hilariously wanting to tell me to sign up for something a few bucks cheaper but reducing my speed from 100 to 25...why the hell do I wanna do that?? LMAO. Do ppl really fall for this 'trick', she kept repeating "so, you want the tech to come over on Fri?" WHAT? Ummm, no! I guess it works if she does this, crazy stupid ppl.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Nov 18, 2009
243 posts
73 upvotes
GTA
tranquility922 wrote: What did you get?

I just got off the phone w them and the deal in the OP was supposedly never offered for QC. Sucks.

EDIT: the sales was so robotic and pushy, hilariously wanting to tell me to sign up for something a few bucks cheaper but reducing my speed from 100 to 25...why the hell do I wanna do that?? LMAO. Do ppl really fall for this 'trick', she kept repeating "so, you want the tech to come over on Fri?" WHAT? Ummm, no! I guess it works if she does this, crazy stupid ppl.
I just did the 50mbps for $35. I'm in Ontario. I had virgin 2 years ago and 50mbps was the max at my location then. I didn't inquire for the 100. 50 is enough for my needs.

The original link is still showing the promo price so I'm assuming the rep either didn't know or lied to make a sale.

My rep kept trying to push tv on me lol
Jan 7, 2008
60 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill
Living up in cottage country ... max 5mbps! $60 per month no discounts available Crying Face
Jan 7, 2008
60 posts
10 upvotes
Thornhill
Thanks for the link ... Bell is a rip, $70/ mth + $60 install fee!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1194 posts
3360 upvotes
Has anyone here used virgin tv? I have some questions for you, thanks!
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1015 posts
607 upvotes
Has anyone in the GTA been able to get this deal recently? Called the number in the promo but the rep had no record of it.
The rep... highly sus.
Heatware (11-0-0)
Spongeboy