Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile - $35/20GB BYOD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2022 9:15 pm
Nov 18, 2013
238 posts
390 upvotes
Calgary
I called virgin in chinook mall calgary and they said it was $45 for first line (20gb) and second line is $35 (also 20GB) but it is for 12 month not 10

Virgin at south centre mall said the same thing as chinook
Last edited by Lewiejames on Sep 10th, 2022 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 1, 2014
359 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any contracts on the promotion? Can I cancel anytime?
Apr 22, 2005
435 posts
236 upvotes
Maple
kellymok wrote: Is there any contracts on the promotion? Can I cancel anytime?
It's BYOD and no contract. Cancel anytime without penalty.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1237 posts
390 upvotes
Markham ON
got it today
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2018
1237 posts
390 upvotes
Markham ON
Victor088 wrote: The deal is done. Sale associate told me the last day was Tuesday.
wdym, got it today
Think Less, Imagine More
Imagine Not Being A University Of Waterloo Computer Engineering Dropout...😃
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2280 posts
2677 upvotes
Vancouver
ChillbroSwaggins wrote: This whole limited month credit system is BS.

The providers are just praying that people will get enticed by the temporarily low fees and be too lazy to switch when it's jacked back up
It's fine. When the credits end, switch to fido... Year after switch back. They always have same promo for new subs
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2663 posts
2670 upvotes
Ottawa
Webhead wrote: This or wait for BF Sales happening in a few months?

Are Virgin Mobile locations franchised? Corporate stores?

Is Virgin Mobile signal reliable? I know it uses Bell Network.
Virgin doesn't just use the Bell network. Virgin is Bell. They're the same company. You connect to the same RAN and have the same coverage as a Bell customer. For LTE, the only thing that's different is the name of the provider that shows up on your display.
Aug 22, 2020
122 posts
95 upvotes
realinvestor101 wrote: As an example BYOP $50 - 12 gb before discount I got in Dec last year. As of last month they increased it by $3. With discount it is ok. But still !
Exactly this! No clear notification of a price increase, apparently there was a note in the bill or some other documentation but I didn't see it, rather was told by the customer service rep when I subsequently called to inquire.

If this plan is applicable to existing users I'm going to strongly consider it. If anyone has gotten it as an existing user please share!
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1050 posts
667 upvotes
GTA
If I can add phone on this price I will be back to VP.
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7960 posts
4708 upvotes
Montreal
Dynatos wrote: Virgin doesn't just use the Bell network. Virgin is Bell. They're the same company. You connect to the same RAN and have the same coverage as a Bell customer.
You don’t have access to Bell 5G network though

It works fine for me with Virgin, I don’t notice any difference compared to Telus 5G since I switched to Virgin late August 2022.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2663 posts
2670 upvotes
Ottawa
cashinstinct wrote: You don’t have access to Bell 5G network though

It works fine for me with Virgin, I don’t notice any difference compared to Telus 5G since I switched to Virgin late August 2022.
The vast majority won't notice the difference between Lucky 3G plans (which are just LTE speed limited at 3.1 Mbps), Virgin LTE, and Bell 5G except for the different icons on the top of the screen.
Apr 18, 2017
695 posts
687 upvotes
Nanaimo
TheJackal wrote: Currently in Indonesia. Just paid $20 CAD for 90 GB. XD
I'm in indonesia too! Where abouts are you? PM me. Any way we can bring this plan back to Canada!! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8764 posts
2394 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: The vast majority won't notice the difference between Lucky 3G plans (which are just LTE speed limited at 3.1 Mbps), Virgin LTE, and Bell 5G except for the different icons on the top of the screen.
I can't handle Lucky. Takes too long to update apps. Lol. Especially when you go to a drive thru at McDonald's and suddenly it says oh you need to update app before it works type thing.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2765 posts
2709 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: The vast majority won't notice the difference between Lucky 3G plans (which are just LTE speed limited at 3.1 Mbps), Virgin LTE, and Bell 5G except for the different icons on the top of the screen.
I'm on public mobile 3g speed cap. They recently did a lot of throttling in my area latency time is longer but speed seems around the same. It shows full bar LTE so I don't think it is a signal issue. Is lucky 3g the same?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2663 posts
2670 upvotes
Ottawa
slimysnot wrote: I'm on public mobile 3g speed cap. They recently did a lot of throttling in my area latency time is longer but speed seems around the same. It shows full bar LTE so I don't think it is a signal issue. Is lucky 3g the same?
Yes. Lucky is speed limited Bell LTE. I wouldn't expect there to be any differences in latency, just in max download/upload speeds.

Public Mobile should just be speed limited TELUS LTE. In most places in Canada it'll be connecting to the same RAN as Bell. There shouldn't be any measurable difference between Lucky, PM, Koodo, Virgin, Bell, or Telus from a signal quality or latency perspective.
Penalty Box
Jun 20, 2020
17136 posts
22932 upvotes
Toronto
Dynatos wrote: Yes. Lucky is speed limited Bell LTE. I wouldn't expect there to be any differences in latency, just in max download/upload speeds.

Public Mobile should just be speed limited TELUS LTE. In most places in Canada it'll be connecting to the same RAN as Bell. There shouldn't be any measurable difference between Lucky, PM, Koodo, Virgin, Bell, or Telus from a signal quality or latency perspective.
The separate network cores do not affect latency?

Wireless Network Sharing, Canadian Style
The two companies share their 3G and 4G RANs in different parts of Canada. TELUS builds cell sites in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, in Windsor, Toronto and Ottawa in Ontario, and in Montréal, Québec City and the Gaspé Peninsula in Québec.

Bell builds out its network from the eastern part of Canada to the midwest except for Saskatchewan, where SaskTel owns the RAN that it shares with both companies. Bell also has some cell sites in British Columbia, mainly in Vancouver.

This way Bell customers in Vancouver use TELUS’ RAN. In major easten cities like Toronto, TELUS customers use Bell’s network.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2663 posts
2670 upvotes
Ottawa
Dhanushan wrote: The separate network cores do not affect latency?

Wireless Network Sharing, Canadian Style
Their implementations are so similar there's not likely to be a measurable difference.

You may see a slight difference because of the different locations of the EPC cores, but I doubt it's statistically relevant.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)