Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile - $35/20GB BYOD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2022 9:15 pm
Sep 29, 2022
1 posts
1 upvote
Exact same thing happened to me this month, I couldn't find a notice on a bill or anything they just raised it to $53 out of nowhere.
So I found that fido is having the same deal $35/20gb in my mall (metrotown), and switched. I'll probably just hop between fido and virgin every year if they continue this bill credit / plan increase nonsense.
Nov 24, 2013
142 posts
50 upvotes
MAPLE
Is this only for a new number (even it's BYOD)? if you don't care changing phone number you can probably have deals every week. Virgin Mobile at Costco (I moved one of my number there) had zero activation fee (come as a discount in your bill; and it was 45$/6GB better than the Fido 50$/6GB and Fido won't do price adjustment since that plan doesn't exist anymore).
Dec 17, 2019
289 posts
164 upvotes
Paulie1RFD wrote: Where is this Westwood Mall ?
7205 Goreway Dr
Mississauga

I called them and confirmed
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1940 posts
2817 upvotes
Mississauga
Fksdom wrote: Saw this poster at Westwood Mall today. $30 for 20GB, good for 1 year, first 2 months it will be $35, then remaining 10 months it will be $30. New Activations. After 1 year, price goes to $60.

that is the $50 credit you will receive in month 3 being spread over the 10 months.

seems a little shady to me.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1558 posts
1215 upvotes
QuinteWest
Fksdom wrote: Saw this poster at Westwood Mall today. $30 for 20GB, good for 1 year, first 2 months it will be $35, then remaining 10 months it will be $30. New Activations. After 1 year, price goes to $60.

Anyone have details of the plan ?
Canada wide calling? Global text? Rate for calling USA? Any other features ?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1088 posts
1536 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote: Possibly it might have something to do with the size of the area serviced, the cost of the infrastructure to service that area and the total number of customers available to burden those costs. Luxembourg or Singapore are obviously smaller service areas and are more densely populated so their rates should be thousands of times less than ours or they are getting "the shaft". It's easy to complain though.
Imagine simping for Canadian telecos.
Nov 27, 2004
774 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
dgr81 wrote: that is the $50 credit you will receive in month 3 being spread over the 10 months.

seems a little shady to me.
This is EXACTLY what they are doing. Was there the other day to switch over 2 more lines with fido to the $35 20gb and seen this.
Mar 12, 2008
667 posts
150 upvotes
Windsor
Spawk1028 wrote: Man does Canada ever get the shaft compared to the rest of the world when it comes to cell plans.
I agree with you, my friend.
Was looking for some plans in US as my son goes to university there and most of the plans with all the major carriers start $45/$50 but they are all unlimited every thing and most US plans have data and voice roaming for Canada and Mexico by default and you don’t even have to ask for it. And here we pay arm and leg for the roaming if we cross the border.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6683 posts
5359 upvotes
M-Arkham
Spawk1028 wrote: Man does Canada ever get the shaft compared to the rest of the world when it comes to cell plans.
If you hunt these cellphone plan deals then it's not so bad, but if you just go mainstream bell/roger/telus and just grab whatever and don't shop around, then you are definitely getting shafted, holding your own buttcheek open for the big telco to stick it to you

Like some people who refuse to switch and just keep renewing their shitastic plan(12 year old 2gb for $90 plan) with a new phone instead of looking for a new deal cuz they think it's bothersome. My brother was a one of those people, and it took a lot of convincing and multiple spreadsheets to explain to him that he'll save hundreds of dollar each year just by switching and he go from 500mb data to 7GB
1x Virgin $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x koodo $45 for 50GB w/ unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2021
1538 posts
767 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: If you hunt these cellphone plan deals then it's not so bad, but if you just go mainstream bell/roger/telus and just grab whatever and don't shop around, then you are definitely getting shafted, holding your own buttcheek open for the big telco to stick it to you

Like some people who refuse to switch and just keep renewing their shitastic plan(12 year old 2gb for $90 plan) with a new phone instead of looking for a new deal cuz they think it's bothersome. My brother was a one of those people, and it took a lot of convincing and multiple spreadsheets to explain to him that he'll save hundreds of dollar each year just by switching and he go from 500mb data to 7GB
Your giving solid points and all that but you have to factor in why many of people us even rfd members still shitastic plans. Majority of plans out there are all crap on top of this the hoops and hassle to get a deal is extreme, yes we have some good plans but what for a year or 2 tops on top of this even these promo plans are still crappy compared to other countries.

Like me I’m paying 30 for 15gb for life… but… this is with freedom also the hassle I had to go through getting this other countries could literally get something 3 times better with ease
Jun 21, 2006
86 posts
60 upvotes
heartbug18 wrote: Today, I signed up for:

1st Line- $30 15gb ($15 off for 12mo)
2nd Line- $20 15gb ($15 off for 12mo + 24 mo add a line promo)

Both plans with 1000 LTD and Connection fee waived

Total $50+tax every month is sweet for us.

Finally Freedom from FREEDOM!!!
Ported to the same VP $30 15 GB plan yesterday at Ottawa Rideau Centre.

Other details:
  • Activation waived
  • Credit breakdown on my agreement: $10/month x 12 months, $5/month x 12 months
  • Rep said data is not shareable between phone lines, but is shareable for watch, tablet, etc. lines
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
4686 posts
1435 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
tastysatay wrote: Ported to the same VP $30 15 GB plan yesterday at Ottawa Rideau Centre.

Other details:
  • Activation waived
  • Credit breakdown on my agreement: $10/month x 12 months, $5/month x 12 months
  • Rep said data is not shareable between phone lines, but is shareable for watch, tablet, etc. lines
Any idea if this is dead. Kid goes to uni in Ottawa and needs a better plan.
Jun 21, 2006
86 posts
60 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote: Any idea if this is dead. Kid goes to uni in Ottawa and needs a better plan.
Your best bet would be to call a store to ask. That particular promo was not even advertised (i.e., no signage) when I got it, so it wasn’t possible to know by just walking past the store.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1558 posts
1215 upvotes
QuinteWest
saladrat wrote: I would take this and wait for telus winback call. Hopefully it is available online
Yep ! Great strategy!
Aug 27, 2022
9 posts
8 upvotes
Not sure about other cities but definitely the worst network coverage in Calgary
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1477 posts
1781 upvotes
GTA
Switched to Virgin at Pacific Mall today. This deal is now dead.

Deal is now $35/10GB or $40/20GB with the same sort of monthly discounts as mentioned above - and for that reason, I'll need to switch again within 12 months.
Jun 21, 2006
86 posts
60 upvotes
hyperactiveme wrote: Any idea if this is dead. Kid goes to uni in Ottawa and needs a better plan.
The deal is dead at the Rideau Centre store in Ottawa. A sales rep told me today that the 15 GB plan is now $40/month, and the 20 GB plan is $50/month.