Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile Black Friday

Locked: Virgin Mobile ($45 17GB,$40 10GB, 1000mins International Calling, $100 The Source Gift Card) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2021 11:23 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1075 posts
2797 upvotes
ObLaDi wrote: Generally speaking, retentions nowadays is usually terrible and only decent plans from from winback after you've left.

But if you got some time it won't hurt to try retentions first, never know.
I see. I'm on the $40 for 11 GB plan, honestly I don't think they can offer anything better for retention. Screw em, I'm done with Koodo.
Jan 19, 2011
60 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
Hi everyone!

Okay I just went to 2 The Source locations. Trinity Mall & Bramalea, both in Brampton. The Trinity Mall rep knew of the deal and said try Bramalea or Square One. I called 2 different The Source locations and no one picked up. No way to contact anyone in store. So I drove to Bramalea. They didn't know of the offer. Does anyone know which locations give the 17GB for $45?? Or do we have to wait until Black Friday?

However The Source at Bramalea, told me that since I am currently a Bell Mobility customer, they could not transfer my number to Virgin Mobile. Is this true? Anyone know for sure?

After that I walked straight to the Virgin Mobile booth at Bramalea. A rep there said I could transport the number no problem. He told me he could give me 15 GB for $45, unlimited text and canada wide calling, plus 1000 minutes international long distance to various countries. He could then add another line for $35 for the same features but 10 GB. He said he wouldn't know if the activation fee is waived until the time that he processes the change of number and plan. I think it's a good deal, but I am thinking to wait until Black Friday. Maybe activation will be waived then. And of course this deal has no The Source giftcard.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5205 posts
8576 upvotes
BC
EmpressLisaSu wrote: I see. I'm on the $40 for 11 GB plan, honestly I don't think they can offer anything better for retention. Screw em, I'm done with Koodo.
That's a better plan than what the source/virgin is offering?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1075 posts
2797 upvotes
joe047 wrote: just got it from the source at surrey guildford mall in bc. $40 for 10gb, 100 source gc per line. $35 for 2nd line.
the $45 for 17gb deal expired yesterday but the 10gb deal is still on going. Kuldeep helped me and he instantly knew the plan i was asking for so maybe call ahead and ask for him to confirm the plan before going there
fug, is the $47 for 17gb expired canada wide?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1075 posts
2797 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: That's a better plan than what the source/virgin is offering?
$45 for 17 GB with the hopes of getting a winback.
Oct 31, 2010
88 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria
The source in downtown Victoria is closed so I was unable to check there. Virgin plus store had no idea what I was talking about
Nov 29, 2016
139 posts
95 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Anyone got 17 GB for $45 today in the lower mainland, BC?
Dec 19, 2008
89 posts
22 upvotes
Just called The Source in Market mall in Calgary. They offer the $40 for 10gb with $100 gift card. Did not confirm the $45 plan but will go to the store later today to find out.
Aug 13, 2019
71 posts
40 upvotes
EmpressLisaSu wrote: fug, is the $47 for 17gb expired canada wide?
Seems so, I called three stores and went to one in person, all said $45 for 17GB expired yesterday. I am in ON.
Last edited by darklightness on Nov 15th, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 16, 2015
475 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Few quick things about virgin (that nobody asked for):

1)The BYOD prices tend to creep up by a few bucks over time with very little notice.

2)in the past few years , the FOMO Black Friday deals have actually go all the way through Boxing Day.

3)Their reception is good

4)They’ve been advertising “value plans “ with 3G speeds on their *site, so please confirm that you are getting proper speed before you commit.
May 16, 2020
20 posts
8 upvotes
I'm with FIDO on 6gb plan @ $40/mth. Chatted with an agent this evening and told her that Virgin is offering 10gb for $40/mth. She offered me additional 7gb for free. That's 13gb plan for $40 which I took immediately
Dec 27, 2002
558 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Was the 17GB deal a one day deal? It's not even black friday yet!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5205 posts
8576 upvotes
BC
EmpressLisaSu wrote: $45 for 17 GB with the hopes of getting a winback.
To my knowledge, if you get a Koodo winback call it'll be to direct you to a Telus $50/20GB plan which isn't that much better than $45/17.

Keep in mind this virgin plan and and Telus winback plan are BYOD. I'm sticking with Koodo for now because of the subsidised phones and gift card offers that are available during BF/BD. I barely touch my data anyways.

If you call into koodo retentions or port out please share what you get offered (in here or the Koodo thread)
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1075 posts
2797 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: To my knowledge, if you get a Koodo winback call it'll be to direct you to a Telus $50/20GB plan which isn't that much better than $45/17.

Keep in mind this virgin plan and and Telus winback plan are BYOD. I'm sticking with Koodo for now because of the subsidised phones and gift card offers that are available during BF/BD. I barely touch my data anyways.
Is the $45 for 25 gb telus winback not a thing anymore?
Jan 11, 2010
912 posts
298 upvotes
Anyone who tried to match/try to match an offer with their current provider able to get a plan that would downgrade the current cost they're are paying?

Eg. On a $60 fido plan, would they be able to offer a match deal that would cost less than $60?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5205 posts
8576 upvotes
BC
EmpressLisaSu wrote: Is the $45 for 25 gb telus winback not a thing anymore?
I just took a quick look at the thread, it's actually $55/20gb that is being offered.

I know at the begining $45/25gb was offered if you ported to freedom but doesn't look like it's available anymore
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4486 posts
1534 upvotes
scottmg wrote: how is anyone supposed to answer this question when you havent even said what province or city you are in?
Good point. Ontario Toronto
Apr 5, 2021
4 posts
3 upvotes
subrock wrote: The source in downtown Victoria is closed so I was unable to check there. Virgin plus store had no idea what I was talking about
Have you tried Mayfair? Called hillside this morning and rep had no idea about the deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3345 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone confirm the roaming with this? I.e $7 a day in USA. $12 international or whatever.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2019
1124 posts
1129 upvotes
Got the $40/10 GB deal at Yorkdale. Very smooth experience. The reps are aware of the deal and it is most likely to be there tomorrow too.