Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin mobile 50 MBps home internet unlimited - $30/mth for 12 month

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 12:41 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1446 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP;

Switching from Bell to Virgin -- or at least, hoping to get a winback call...

My current Bell plan is:
$62.95
FTTN, 25mbps down, 10mbps up, 375gb bandwidth
HH2000 (Steve) modem

virgin offered:
$30
FTTH (confirmed), 50mbps down, 10mbps up, unlim bandwidth
HH3000 (Valarie) modem

Crazy. I spoke with Bell 30 minutes ago and they wouldn't get close to the $30 pricepoint, under any plan.... I have 3 services with them, soon to be 0.
The best Bell offered me was:
$74.95
300mbps down, 300 up, unlim bandwidth,
HH3000 (Valarie) modem

Their 50mbps was also $74.95...
No ty.

Thanks Bell. You've been good to me when you had all the promo offers on my account. This 10+year old customer is now moving on.

BTW, Bell technician several weeks ago told me it isn't uncommon for customers on FTTH 50 to get >50mbps speeds. He said some get upwards of 100mbps. They aren't throttled by Bell. This may not be the case with Virgin, but did see someone mention that they're getting over 10mbps than what they had bargained for. Fingers crossed.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
So now Tekssavy lowered their DSL prices and i think virgin will PM teksavvy, I have pushed my brother 4 months back to switch to virgin and he had a bad experience internet speed were always 10mbps ( he had the 25/10 dsl) not sure if i will try virgin or i will get teksavvy.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
FYI there is a difference between "Only in Ontario" and "Not in Quebec". Canada has 11 other provinces/territories...
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Dec 18, 2004
221 posts
131 upvotes
Signed up for my mom as she is in Arnprior and the only other option was bell. Everything went smoothly at first but having issues with getting it working.

She had bell and I did want to cancel bell until we knew virgin would be good. Since they use the same line it is causing problems. Bell came to install (for virgin) and it took 3 hours and still wasn’t done properly. It seems it’s still the old bell service, just now on a Steve modem. Virgin is trying to sort it out but I expect it will take another service call. I’ve read of others who did what I did and it worked well and then they just canceled old bell service. Others have coordinate to install on the same date they cancel from bell, which I assume would be easier but worried it could result in downtime with no internet.
Nov 11, 2017
218 posts
239 upvotes
Wakkanai
Looks like the offer is now $45 per month for 12 months (Ontario)
Nov 11, 2010
415 posts
96 upvotes
GTA
Otakoo wrote: Looks like the offer is now $45 per month for 12 months (Ontario)
Probably the RFD effect. They got too many people who got the FREE 50/10 package for 3 months cancelling or not renewing.
Aug 31, 2012
177 posts
136 upvotes
Scarborough
I just registered today with Virgin (Ontario) for the 50% plan: 50 down/10 up mbps, unlimited usage, $30/mo for 12 months. I was surprised that it was the CSR who freely mentioned this offer to me during our online chat while I was asking lots of questions about the details of Virgin Mobile's plans.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1799 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
looks like it's only targeted to onatrio
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .
Nov 23, 2017
182 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
Virgin's offer is available in Quebec as well.
Btw, I'm with Videotron, I had 30 Mbps for $54, I called them today and mentioned Virgin's offer and told them that I'm moving to Virgin,
they lowered the price and doubled the speed, now I have 60 Mbps for $36.95.
Aug 29, 2018
1 posts
The Valerie router sucks. I keep losing my wifi connection even when I am 20 ft away direct line of site.
I have to disable wifi and use another router.
Oct 26, 2018
1 posts
Just got the Virgin Valerie modem installed today using FTTH (50/10). During testing I noticed the modem rebooted by itself a few times. Also I'm getting an average of 30Mbps. I was told that fiber would be much faster then rogers cable. Now I'm finding it difficult to give up my Fido 75Mbps (normally get 90+).
Dec 24, 2017
9 posts
14 upvotes
lithiumli wrote: I got hooked up last week. The guy too 6 hours to get it done. I got the valarie modem. I came from fido 60u for $60. The one thing that sucks is that the Valarie modem doesn't have bridge mode so I had to hook my router to one of the valarie ports and then disabled the WiFi.
Hi there I just got a Valerie modem and the wifi signal isn't that strong around my house. Could you explain what you did specifically to get your router working instead? Sorry I'm new to home networking and I tried messing around with it myself but couldn't get it to work. TYIA
Aug 23, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote
Brampton
I had a very bad experience with Virgin Mobile CSR. I was looking for deals on 100Mbps and called Virgin Mobile. The CSR told me there is a deal right now that she can give me. $10 discount on 100Mbps plus 50% off for the first 12 months. So, $70 100Mpbs will cost me $30 per month (for 12 months). I signed up. I didn't read the email that I received from Virgin.

Turns out, she signed me up for 50Mbps internet! She flat out lied to me about this. I specifically told her that I am not looking for speed less than 100Mbps.

Called them back today and of course, they can't do anything about it anymore. They can't offer me the deal because it was never available.
Oct 17, 2007
83 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Looking into Virgin now as well due to their promo. I use OOMA (VOIP) for phone and a TPLINK AC1750 router for wifi, Am I likely to have issues with the Valerie (HH3000) modem given that it doesn't have a bridge mode? Would it be better to go with FIDO and their cable modem?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3971 posts
386 upvotes
Not sure why this is in 'expired' hot deals, but we just signed up for this. It included a bill credit of $50 after the first month.
Jan 3, 2009
96 posts
35 upvotes
London
are people getting this promo extended? any other internet deals that resemble this? mine is expiring soon...
Mar 3, 2019
1 posts
Virgin home internet has been mediocre so far. I live in Toronto and I get regular internet outages with Virgin which take too long to get restored. Right now there’s an outage and the estimated restoration time is in 24 hours. It would have been fine if it’s a one time thing but the service is pretty unreliable in general as it slows down or disconnects frequently.
Mar 6, 2019
1 posts
We have virgin internet we’ll you should say bell but worse for customer service . Things happen my son was late with the billl made arrangements for today to pay it and wa agreed with by Virgin. While he was at work they cut off the intermt my son called and paid but still 8 hours later no internet we have to wait 24 hours to get internet. Changing internet providers and goin to cogeco same price and no interruptions

I will never use this company again very incompetent system well it’s bell what do you expect and yes a bell tech installed it
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1448 posts
1482 upvotes
Kitchener
mollytp wrote: are people getting this promo extended? any other internet deals that resemble this? mine is expiring soon...
Mine expires first week of May... also curious if anyone has had any luck extending.
I was told there are currently no Loyalty discounts but there 'may be in the future' when i called in to find out my last day of 50% off
May 19, 2019
1 posts
I just talked to an agent and she was only offering me 40$/month * 12 months for internet 25 unlimited. That was her best deal...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)