Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile - BYOP - $45 for 20GB - Unlimited Calling & Text

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2022 6:46 pm
Jan 21, 2017
147 posts
94 upvotes
squall458 wrote: Make sure to get a referral for a $50 credit ($5x10 months) if you a new customer! I did it the last round during Black Friday. Love VM!
Where do you enter referral info for this plan?
Oct 24, 2010
969 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
Thinking about switching, but reading comments on Reddit and here about virgin increasing prices. Might just lock-in with Rogers 50epp 20gb to save any hassle.

Any friends here??
Last edited by bam136 on Jul 29th, 2022 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 11, 2018
88 posts
49 upvotes
xnirvanafc wrote: Where do you enter referral info for this plan?
From site: "To refer friends, you must register a Virgin Plus Refer-A-Friend account at virginplus.ca/refer using an active Virgin Plus mobile number (limit of one Virgin Plus Refer-A-Friend account per Virgin Plus mobile number and email address). After registration, you will receive an email with a unique link, which can be shared with your friend for redemption. If you misplace the email, this unique link can also be found anytime in your personal dashboard online after registering at virginplus.ca/refer."

So, get a friend/contact to send you a referral link. Input information, then sign up for your plan. After you activate your plan, input your phone number into the link.
Aug 12, 2016
84 posts
141 upvotes
They wouldn’t give it to me as a current customer.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11662 posts
2292 upvotes
Guelph
xnirvanafc wrote: Where do you enter referral info for this plan?
You get the referral link and enter your info before signing up for any plan.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Jan 14, 2017
668 posts
548 upvotes
bam136 wrote: Thinking about switching, but reading comments on Reddit and here about virgin increasing prices. Might just lock-in with Rogers 50epp 20gb to save any hassle.

Any friends here
My Rogers EPP went up $5 in July. Bye-bye, Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6414 posts
437 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm trying to sign up and it says my expiry date on my credit card and my address is wrong. I tried 2 cards. Anybody able to check out all the way or do I need to call my credit card companies to put a block?
Feb 5, 2007
554 posts
255 upvotes
East York
heads up, I tried to apply it, went through fine, just play safe so I screenshot the confirmation page with phone plan detail break down
anyway, got the Email confirmation after 5 mins from Virgin, the plan is the same EXCEPT the 20GB data isn't included anymore~
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5996 posts
1290 upvotes
Toronto
squall458 wrote: You get the referral link and enter your info before signing up for any plan.
Will this work if the other person has to port the phone number to VM?
Aug 8, 2020
832 posts
306 upvotes
dilr86 wrote: Not for those who want 5G speeds (overkill), but great deal otherwise.
I didn’t even know we had 5g here in Can, who offers it? I just got back from US it feels standard there, almost every major telco is on 5G I a using T-Mobile eSim and then visible by Verizon.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1846 posts
1720 upvotes
Calgary
It is on the front top banner of their website, so I think it's legit. Just waiting for Koodo and Fido to match.
Screenshot_20220729-110543.png
Jan 6, 2021
2 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to call and confirm the order details, 20GB is included and part of the plan. Although its missing in confirmation mail.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11662 posts
2292 upvotes
Guelph
test9251 wrote: Will this work if the other person has to port the phone number to VM?
Yes.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6426 posts
4634 upvotes
Ya, it is probably legit because freedom is offering $40 20gb.

They have to “compete”
Nov 14, 2021
334 posts
1308 upvotes
Virgin customer service is the Pile Of Poos. I think I’ll leave Rogers for Telus on that $50/30gb winback deal. I just wish Telus had home internet in Ontario .
Jun 1, 2017
861 posts
763 upvotes
Mississauga
Im getting an error on billing/shipping screen. Asking for physical address but there in no where to add it.

What a $hitshow

Update:
I ended up changing the billing address and just added my address again. Now it when through but in the confirmation email the $45 BYOP plan is "conveniently" missing the GB part of the plan. I bet it's going to be the 6GB plan if it gets processed.

Now i get to waste time calling help desk - No sure how OP can post this plan when its customer specific.
Last edited by projectman44 on Jul 29th, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1445 posts
140 upvotes
Any word on when this offer might expire?

How is the Virgin service compared to Fido?
Jul 23, 2008
220 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
CALITSLA wrote: I didn’t even know we had 5g here in Can, who offers it? I just got back from US it feels standard there, almost every major telco is on 5G I a using T-Mobile eSim and then visible by Verizon.
It's the same here. All the major telecoms at the least are on 5G. It's not fully available everywhere yet but should be in major cities. I think they even offer a 5G+ in some areas.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8757 posts
8498 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: Ya, it is probably legit because freedom is offering $40 20gb.

They have to “compete”
That would explain why it curiously is not available in Quebec. It's just such nonsense. None of it is justified. They're just ripping all of us off.

Maybe it's also because since the Rogers outage, they are scared that the CRTC is going to breath down their neck again about how they are behaving like shameless, greedy oligopolies.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)